Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
LNC Llin

United States

#169789 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So this provides the perfect example of how lacking in education you are. Your entire concept of reality is what you made up, nothing in it challenges your fears, nothing in it challenges your mind. You have made existence itself meaningless by replacing it with religious superstition instead of attempting to study it, attempting to understand it.
"Reality is a crutch for those who do not use drugs"

For get which movies this is from.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169790 Jun 23, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
I recognize it, but alas I too cannot recall it's origin. It is apt.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#169791 Jun 23, 2013
I first heard it in a Lily Tomlin standup routine, waay back innaday...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169792 Jun 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
All creationists are bitter liars with no proof of god.
Your genital warts are affecting the way you think.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169793 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So this provides the perfect example of how lacking in education you are. Your entire concept of reality is what you made up, nothing in it challenges your fears, nothing in it challenges your mind. You have made existence itself meaningless by replacing it with religious superstition instead of attempting to study it, attempting to understand it.
You are the one reciting from textbooks, sweetness. You don't find much of that in my posts. That means I think and analyze on my own. Try it sometime if you get the urge to break out of your comfort bubble within reality.

Location hidden

#169794 Jun 23, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
I first heard it in a Lily Tomlin standup routine, waay back innaday...
The proper quote.

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.
Lily Tomlin"

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/629.html

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169795 Jun 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough room in your skin for another one.
Lovely first sentence. Really compliments your "objective" views.
You are getting more subtle in your comedic attempts. Keep it up.
Prove your god or f*ck off its that simple you ignorant creationist troll with no morals.

Location hidden

#169796 Jun 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one reciting from textbooks, sweetness. You don't find much of that in my posts. That means I think and analyze on my own. Try it sometime if you get the urge to break out of your comfort bubble within reality.
Full of sh*t creationist troll with no proof of god who doesn't know when to f*ck off back to the discovery institute / creationist museum where all his liars friends hang out.

Location hidden

#169797 Jun 23, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists in denial are passive aggressive twits that will be permabanned.

Location hidden

#169798 Jun 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Your genital warts are affecting the way you think.
Its hard to take a clown seriously.

Location hidden

#169799 Jun 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't understand Christian thinking,
That's easy, regard all atheists as fools without ever having met them, pretend to be polite when you do, and then secretly judge them when their backs are turned.
That is your mighty christian morals.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169800 Jun 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy, regard all atheists as fools without ever having met them, pretend to be polite when you do, and then secretly judge them when their backs are turned.
I would say this is likely the most accurate thing I know you have ever said .
This single statement can cover an expanse greater than measure.
And it reflects something laRGER , than life.

Location hidden

#169801 Jun 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Skeptic, I meet you and others on here and I'm not polite.

What's your beef with me?

Got your message. Is that "we" that has my IP you and your gerbil, a Topix atheist gang, or the intelligent people of the world like you?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#169802 Jun 23, 2013
Very very well said.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So this provides the perfect example of how lacking in education you are. Your entire concept of reality is what you made up, nothing in it challenges your fears, nothing in it challenges your mind. You have made existence itself meaningless by replacing it with religious superstition instead of attempting to study it, attempting to understand it.

Louisville, KY

#169804 Jun 23, 2013
Several societies were by far more civilized and intelligent than the Christian/Roman/ Greek one at the time.

Not to mention humanism doesn't say to bring non humanists before them and chop off their head as Jesus did.

So as usual your example fails.

No sweat we are used to that by now Dave, you are after all here for our amusement.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Your assumption is that Greeks and Romans originated such, That is only because those were the writings that survived the times containing such that became part of Western education.

Many of man's perceptions are common and independently arrived at. Your education trains you to think in a linear fashion about such things.

Intelligence in man is proclaimed to be universal. Thus the logics and perceptions are apt to be similar. The Greeks and Romans were a small minority of the world's population.

A bush man squatting in the dirt is as capable of deep thoughts as a collector of previous recorded thoughts in a university. Perhaps even deeper. Less baggage to sort through.
bongo

Farmingdale, NY

#169805 Jun 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't understand Christian thinking,
It is apparent most Topix atheist on here don't either. Blatant displays of emotional reaction to the perversions of ideas by those who use it for personal advancement, ignoring the underlying messages. Humanism and every other social/religious/political thought suffers from the same thing. Charlatans and demagogues. Topix atheists just jumped from one group to another. Hardly "free thinkers". Emotional reactionists. Putty in the hands of those that know how to mold them.
Those typical topix atheists provide tons of entertainment.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169806 Jun 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>What a loser god! The Tzars killed hundreds of millions in the name of god.
Who?

Louisville, KY

#169807 Jun 23, 2013
Ya I guess you should have researched the different Tzars a little better before making your 28th screen name. They made Hitler and Stalin look like jokes when it comes to mass murder and genocide.

That's why your screen name cracks us up so much!

Classic Christian stupidity on display!

Lmfao!
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Who?

Location hidden

#169808 Jun 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Several societies were by far more civilized and intelligent than the Christian/Roman/ Greek one at the time.
Not to mention humanism doesn't say to bring non humanists before them and chop off their head as Jesus did.
So as usual your example fails.
No sweat we are used to that by now Dave, you are after all here for our amusement.
<quoted text>
Butchy, as I write this there are 947 people logged onto ALL of the Top Stories forums. Once in while it may go over 2000 if there is a real hot topic going.

There aren't many on here. Your atheist army is a little sparse.

However, I am pleased that I can provide you and your Johnson some amusement. Perhaps if you changed the batteries in it you wouldn't need me so much.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#169809 Jun 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya I guess you should have researched the different Tzars a little better before making your 28th screen name. They made Hitler and Stalin look like jokes when it comes to mass murder and genocide.
That's why your screen name cracks us up so much!
Classic Christian stupidity on display!
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
Also, in English, it's either "Tsar" or "Czar".

Ask a cruciverbalist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Emeem 1,124,285
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr Earthling-1 1,473
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Gtown71 306,190
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr Becky 437
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 27,879
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Mary Downformore 201,188
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE