Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255481 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169859 Jun 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Gates atheist and not a fool, correct your bible, its wrong.
The bible sez you and bill are fools! I agree

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169860 Jun 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Many believers only believe through fear of god's wrath.
Their heads got messed up by the usual religious lies when they were young.
Religion should not be for under 18s.
<quoted text>
shut yo pie ho

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169861 Jun 24, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's the topix atheist gang. We're exterminating you one by one with the power of science.
There is all kinds of bullying on the net. One being the coward azzclowns who give all the negative icons and the science bull-$#%T/lies of evolution.

It's a form of bullying having some atheist loser follow you around hanging on to your every word when they haven't got anything to say because they are losers/turds.

They can't handle the fight so the hide behide the screen like little trolls hiding under a bridge..BLOWING EACH-OTHER

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#169862 Jun 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Many believers only believe through fear of god's wrath.
Their heads got messed up by the usual religious lies when they were young.
Religion should not be for under 18s.
They wouldn't be able to get any new recruits that way.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#169863 Jun 24, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian and the living God was around long before there was even an Egypt. She was present in the garden of Eden. God gave us life and it is in Gods power to take it away.
You don't go to any doctors then, right?

I mean, if you're sick, it must be gods will, right?

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#169864 Jun 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
If you require batteries Dave keep it to yourself. You may watch as I shoot my man yogurt all over your daughter's face if you don't believe me.
Let me know of you wanna take me up on that.
But anyways, yes you are the senile dithering old man who comes here to be mocked and laughed at for your tinfoil hat ideas. Glad you know your role.
<quoted text>
:-)

You so bad.

You must have read a lot to learn how to be that way.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#169865 Jun 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Man hasn't grown up.

Technology has advanced but the same unreasonable appeal to idols and the same worship of self is still very much evident, you confuse technological advancement with moral advancement.

Men still run from God so they can satisfy their lusts and desires, reducing them to illogicity...
Illogicity?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169866 Jun 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing us that you are a coward with no proof of god does not make your cult look very appealing.
Thank you, it's sooooooooooooo juvenile when all the atheist have to do is address us, but then thats what cowards do...hide behind a screen typing with one hand, yanking himself in a comma with the other... Skeptic eyes roll back in his pumpkin head! NOT A PRETTY SITE! GET UP BOY AND GO WASH YO HANDS!!!! YOU HEAR ME

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169867 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't go to any doctors then, right?
I mean, if you're sick, it must be gods will, right?
I go to a christian doc... atheist are dumb

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#169868 Jun 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>So basically you hold to empirical naturalism...

You are aware of the preconceptions of your own worldview I hope?
What preconceptions?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#169869 Jun 24, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>Fallacy of reification, science cannot decide anything, men presenting their ideas and observations is the basis for scientific observation and commentary.

Your argument also suggests that scientific knowledge is now a closed book.

A flat earth argument...
The bible is a closed book.

Science is an ever expanding book.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#169870 Jun 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I go to a christian doc... atheist are dumb
Does he pray over you?
Joe Fortuna

Arcata, CA

#169871 Jun 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars who claim that god is real need to present evidence for us in our reality.
Imagining up stuff and lying about it does not count.
Believers needs to take responsilibity for the chosen stupidity
A liar might, but I don't, maybe if I, or the deity needed you to believe in the deity, but I, nor does the deity care if you believe, or not.
We are all free to live our lives as we choose.
There is no hard evidence to prove, or disprove the existence of the deity.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#169872 Jun 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I go to a christian doc... atheist are dumb
How about Islamic docs?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169873 Jun 24, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are expecting physical proof of a non physical being, there is cause and effect but you are expecting if not demanding that cause to be purely physical.
It's not physical at all. If a deity created the physical universe and acts empirically upon it, then there should be empirical evidence for that. There isn't. Therefore, there are two possible conclusions:

1) The deity does not or cannot act empirically upon the universe, in which case it is entirely irrelevant to us.

2) There is no deity.
Joe Fortuna

Arcata, CA

#169874 Jun 24, 2013
ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>
compleatly false your running away from your responsibility of proof witch is none but u just cant admit that. can you imagian if the justice system was run and dictated by people who thought exacly like you? what a crazy place it would be and really is to some extent
What happens in the justice system when a crime is committed, but there is no evidence other than the crime happened?

San Francisco

#169875 Jun 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing something.
Thousands of years and the beliefs are still here. Those people were just as intelligent and logical, maybe more so, than we are today. Must be something evidence wise to span the generations.
If there must be evidence, then where is it?

San Francisco

#169876 Jun 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>There is all kinds of bullying on the net. One being the coward azzclowns who give all the negative icons and the science bull-$#%T/lies of evolution.
It's a form of bullying having some atheist loser follow you around hanging on to your every word when they haven't got anything to say because they are losers/turds.
They can't handle the fight so the hide behide the screen like little trolls hiding under a bridge..BLOWING EACH-OTHER
Hello fake Christian. I see the Holy Spirit still knows you not. Pity.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169877 Jun 24, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens in the justice system when a crime is committed, but there is no evidence other than the crime happened?
Then it is stayed until such evidence can be found, or ruled as a mistrial by a higher court.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#169878 Jun 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What preconceptions?
That your reasoning is the standard of all truth...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min cathy1691823 1,394,434
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Into The Night 9,779
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 16 ThomasA 311,316
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web