Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
162,941 - 162,960 of 224,668 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169715
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Yup, that's how it works.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169716
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider that the god originated as a pagan war god, food is a very strong possibility.
Blood sacrifices.

Christianity put an end to that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169717
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood sacrifices.
Christianity put an end to that.

That IS the one positive thing that can be credited to it.
Jebus might have saved me from becoming a sacrifice . And the Christian Armies put them that practiced this abomination to the sword and ended it forever.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169718
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Blood sacrifices.
Christianity put an end to that.
No it didn't.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169723
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Please identify which pagan religion and which pagan war god, and in what year this pagan war god was pronounced?
If not, simply admit that you are here chewing on your cud.
I can't be bothered to find the reference again, but no, I am not "chewing my cud." All the bibles' stories were ripped off from other religions.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169724
Jun 22, 2013
 
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't, I don't believe athists are antagonistic against any gods. Maybe towards the ones who believe in them.
Why is that justified?

If you really are atheistic, then nihilism is your ultimate philosophical destination, how does antagonism towards anyone make sense with that in mind?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169725
Jun 22, 2013
 
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Please identify which pagan religion and which pagan war god, and in what year this pagan war god was pronounced?
If not, simply admit that you are here chewing on your cud.
Alexander the Great 323 BC became god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169726
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So works of magic would turn you into a believer?
Or something to appear and tell you to follow them?
Sheep would, too.
There is nothing in them except food value.
A supreme deity would likely want something more.
He created a garden and something to talk to.
This creature was in the presence and under the protection of this Creator.
This creature listened to something else and lost total trust in its creator.
Then it got chunked out into the wilderness, but not naked.
Perhaps this creator made a mistake, but you will be the one to pay for it.
Not a literal story, but maybe something like that.
If there was not a creative force to create the creature, there would be no creature. Denying the existence of a creative force and its continued maintenance of you, at least on the environmental level, is on the stupid side.
In other words, there is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any of the gods ever worshipped were, in fact, real.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169727
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, there is not now, nor has there ever been, any proof that any of the gods ever worshipped were, in fact, real.
Feel free to believe whatever suits YOU.

No one is listening to your wannabe Perry Mason presentation.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169728
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to believe whatever suits YOU.
No one is listening to your wannabe Perry Mason presentation.
This coming from someone who believes in a god that he can't even prove is real and believes that all the other thousands of gods ever worshipped over the millennia were fake...because his fake god said so.

LOL

Dude, it doesn't take Perry Mason to point out the obvious flaws in religion.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169729
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who believes in a god that he can't even prove is real and believes that all the other thousands of gods ever worshipped over the millennia were fake...because his fake god said so.
LOL
Dude, it doesn't take Perry Mason to point out the obvious flaws in religion.
Your perspective on the subject is sadly lacking.

What are you trying to prove? There is no supernatural or dimension other than this physical one, or that you are possessed by some emotional issue?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169730
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your perspective on the subject is sadly lacking.
What are you trying to prove? There is no supernatural or dimension other than this physical one, or that you are possessed by some emotional issue?
Awesome job of dodging every single point I made!

Bravo!

Since: Jun 13

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169731
Jun 22, 2013
 
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
This ^^^ definitely should.
Looks like daddy-o wasted his hedge fund trying to educate a spoiled rich kid deadsh!t like you
you havent said anything pertaing to the topic were all waiting

help me see the invisible man that lives in the sky.

Since: Jun 13

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169732
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who believes in a god that he can't even prove is real and believes that all the other thousands of gods ever worshipped over the millennia were fake...because his fake god said so.
LOL
Dude, it doesn't take Perry Mason to point out the obvious flaws in religion.
you hit the nail on the head lol
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169733
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that god is an idiot.
A personal judgment on an entity you say doesnt exist.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169734
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>
you havent said anything pertaing to the topic were all waiting
help me see the invisible man that lives in the sky.
You want me to say or explain ........what?
I replied to the example of stupidity you displayed
ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
If manna is the visible physical effect then what was the cause?
<quoted text>
Same from above applies here.
Is nature self created? And how do all the different components work together and how was this arranged?
<quoted text>
He can touch our hearts and on the same level it is your choice whether or not to have faith.
If you choose not to have faith, he can choose not to touch your heart.
Its not all about you....you know.
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have a problem with the religion you were in - not God.
this should go down in the encylepedia as a text book example of ignorance and idiocy
on another note creationist need to learn that just because every detail of the universe hasnt been ironed out or unraveled with science yet doesnt automaticly means that your mythological being known as god exsist by defalt
You say my post was a text book example of ignorance and idiocy.
Read the dumbarss pap you posted.
Were you educated in a crack house?
You are truly stupid

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169735
Jun 22, 2013
 
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
A personal judgment on an entity you say doesnt exist.
The god you worship is really only your alter ego.
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169736
Jun 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The god you worship is really only your alter ego.
Nope.
I do believe in a higher power that brought forth all creation without exception.
His name is Jehovah and I am not him.

Since: Jun 13

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169737
Jun 22, 2013
 
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to say or explain ........what?
I replied to the example of stupidity you displayed
<quoted text>
You say my post was a text book example of ignorance and idiocy.
Read the dumbarss pap you posted.
Were you educated in a crack house?
You are truly stupid
lol again with the misdirection ill keep bringing u back do you have any factual proof or evidence that god exsist (omitting the bibile and faith)

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#169738
Jun 22, 2013
 
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I do believe in a higher power that brought forth all creation without exception.
His name is Jehovah and I am not him.
You have no supporting evidence for this assertion of yours, therefore, your god is nothing but your alter ego. Thus when you support stoning children and pedophilia then justify it with "god commanded it" you are really saying that you wanted it to be commanded.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••