Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,146)

Showing posts 162,901 - 162,920 of223,960
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So your god makes everyone flawed then tells these flawed people to write a book about this god during a time when barbaric acts were considered a good thing and then expected the species to accept this garbage after we become more intelligent. Then you claim that this book, which was written by flawed beings and filled with a bunch of barbaric commands, is somehow more valid what is said of Zeus, Apollo, Imhotep, Ra, Bastet, Nyarlethotep, Cthulhu, and the millions of other gods.
Yeah, not buying it, if your god is real, he's a moron and should not be worshiped on those grounds alone.
Are you arguing against the existence of the Abrahamic deity, or the existence of any deity, intelligent designer, or the supernatural period?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The God of Abraham.
Quack Quack
Then that god is an idiot.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

I think (she) is arguing against the existence of any type of God. The Abrahamic deity, I can safely say, does not exist. Thank goodness, because that deity is not a very benevolent one.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor Topix atheists.
They will enter a building and negotiate elevators, escalators, hallways, and doors on the right or left to get what they seek and assume it is quite normal. That is the structure of their universe.
But they expect a supreme deity that constructed one to deliver to their own door.
Presumptuous, and quite dumb.
Poor topix religatards,
they can't use the brains their god didn't give them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Lelouch0 wrote:
I think (she) is arguing against the existence of any type of God. The Abrahamic deity, I can safely say, does not exist. Thank goodness, because that deity is not a very benevolent one.
He got run over by an iron chariot.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Lelouch0 wrote:
Actually, any of the gods proposed could fit my descriptive, but that's all. ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> well, I need to read more of your comments to see your point here. If you imply that a relatively decent god created relatively rational human beings, who will use better and better tools to "see everything" (do you mean understand everything?) in the universe (do you include a possible multiverse?) I doubt such a being exists, or that mankind is such a creation.
Agreed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Lelouch0 wrote:
In the beginning the description of it may have been accurate in a metaphorical way, but the description of it was quickly perverted to advance the interests of a particular group. That wouldn't make the original any less real, just discredited.

Man has a way of doing that. Including secularists and the noble ideas they profess.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Poor topix religatards,
they can't use the brains their god didn't give them.
Were any of your ancestors religatards, Aura?

You are a miracle baby?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Were any of your ancestors religatards, Aura?
You are a miracle baby?

All of them Dave , you know non belief in America is a small but growing percentage. But 30 years ago probably like 1%.
Most everyone I know is religious, and most ridiculously so.
See Jesus on the cheese toast, and floating in the coffee religiousnutty.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Poor Topix atheists.
They will enter a building and negotiate elevators, escalators, hallways, and doors on the right or left to get what they seek and assume it is quite normal. That is the structure of their universe.
But they expect a supreme deity that constructed one to deliver to their own door.
Presumptuous, and quite dumb.
Actually, I for one don't expect a supreme deity at all.

Let alone a Domino's Pizza deity.

I'm more than satisfied living my life to the fullest in the natural world.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no faith involved in science only factual evidence when chemist makes a medication to send to the pharmacy they dont have "faith" that it will work when sound is created scientist dont have "faith" that the sound waves will travel they know adsacly what will happen
Sure there is, sure there is a lot of evidence that points towards evolution, but there are a few gabs, but they have faith that their theories are right and sooner are later the evidence will be found. Everyoneone has faith about something.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
People get sensitized and reactive when they are called idiots and names for their beliefs. That is why I react to these Topix atheist idiots. I started out and made a mistake of not calling theists idiots and they jumped on me. They made me do it.
But, back to worshiping men, which Topix atheists do, I haveone question I would like them to answer.
Given that every government has a chief executive, a top dog that runs it, even democracies, I would like to know what man or woman alive today would they trust their lives and happiness to by giving them absolute authority over such. Such an individual, or small group of individuals, will determine morals, correct thinking, and all other aspects deemed NECESSARY at the time for smooth social advancement. Those leaders will be answerable only to themselves.
Who is their Superhero?
<The Dave Nelson> "Pick me, pick me, pick me...please someone say my name..."
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Spider-Man.
Personal, I make those choices for myself, or at least I fight to make them for myself.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Anger is not a sin, it is a natural reaction and an emotion. We cannot control the way we feel. But the way we respond to that anger we can control. God is "slow to anger" and doesn't let it rule her spirit.
Tell that to the Pharaoh durning the time of Mosses, if you believe in that book. Her spirit seemed a little out of control.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The NT says that, I am not a Christian. The seven deadly sins are: 1) Any sin against Gods' person 2) Any type of abuse or neglect of a child 3) Murder 4) Rape 5) Kidnapping 6) Paying or taking a bribe 7) False witness or swearing falsely by the name of God.
There is no sin in the bible forum. You either do what you belief to be right, or you don't care about what you belief to be right, and don't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them Dave , you know non belief in America is a small but growing percentage. But 30 years ago probably like 1%.
Most everyone I know is religious, and most ridiculously so.
See Jesus on the cheese toast, and floating in the coffee religiousnutty.
The mass media is responsible for the Jesus on the toast phenomenon. It is also responsible for the rash of UFO sightings and Topix atheists.

Fill an empty mind with bullshit and watch them reproduce.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The mass media is responsible for the Jesus on the toast phenomenon. It is also responsible for the rash of UFO sightings and Topix atheists.
Fill an empty mind with bullshit and watch them reproduce.
Ha ha , ha ha , ha hah..........ewwwww
And esspecshully topixchristards.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Ha ha , ha ha , ha hah..........ewwwww
And esspecshully topixchristards.
Har har. How witty.

Rope a dopes.

A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

The dumbest humans are not the lowest IQ's. It is those just above the average. The ones that can just make it into college.

An appeal is made to their natural counter culture rebelliousness and reinforced with you are so smart because you believe what I say. Then they get led by the nose the rest of their lives. Said nose is lifted in the air by the leash with a little whisper in their ear telling them how much superior they are to those others.

The smarter and dumber laugh at them. They have sense.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of god would entrust these mere mortals with the duty of passing on it's words?
Man made ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,901 - 162,920 of223,960
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min lily boca raton fl 1,078,131
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Mychihuahuawillbite 305,063
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Sun Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Sun Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••