Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,138)

Showing posts 162,741 - 162,760 of223,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

And misses what is right in front of him.

Oh well he comes here as a living punch line because he is lonely I guess.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have trouble grasping the intricacies of it, for sure.
Oh, no doubt.
The patronizing would come naturally to me as I am more aware of where you come from than you me.
No, actually, patronizing comes from a gross misapprehension that one knows more than one does. It's a rookie mistake, actually. Kinda like a smug teenager.

If you know "where I come from", how about sharing your (psychic?) knowledge with the class? That should be fun, no?
I'm a lot further down the road than you are. If you are into hubcaps I can tell you where a few are.
Sorry I can't dumb myself for you, Oscar. I just can't. Must be some defect, eh?
But you are a sport.:-)
Hubcaps?

Dave, are you drunk already?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Classic rambling Dave Nelson post, complete with his lame reader's digest insults.

Lol!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I have noticed, and probably others, that Topix atheists have trouble with allegories, metaphors, double and triple entendre. The neural network of their brains could possibly not allow them to make the multiple connections required for them to fire up their brains and get it. They are very single focused people. This lack of network functionality is probably also the reason they seem to be one way speakers in discussions. Or to be so tied to textbooks.

Perhaps this is limited to just written communications. Perhaps they function better in a more personal setting. But I suspect that they may look like their brains are squinting to grasp what you say to them.

Would be an interesting study, the anatomy of their brains.

That is why I am not responding to your digital squints, Oscar. A waste of time and would just confuse you more.

Bet you didn't get that, and will respond, if at all, with less than most people could muster.

And no, I wasn't patronizing you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no doubt.
<quoted text>
No, actually, patronizing comes from a gross misapprehension that one knows more than one does. It's a rookie mistake, actually. Kinda like a smug teenager.
If you know "where I come from", how about sharing your (psychic?) knowledge with the class? That should be fun, no?
<quoted text>
Hubcaps?
A long time ago my boss and I were driving down I-95 in Miami. For the hell of it we started counting hubcaps. It was a little over a hundred in about 8 miles. You had to be a real daredevil to get out and get them, though. They can bring some good money. That's why people stole them.

You would be amazed what you can find on the side of the road if you walk down it.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Um, you have not asked any pertinent questions.
Well not to you.... Why would I?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no doubt.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hubcaps?
Forgot.

You also have those rookies that try to appear smart and intellectual by asking questions and being unable to answer any, or articulate their original thoughts.

Patronizing comes from knowing more, or being more capable than the patronized.

Did you understand that, Oscar? I can rephrase if it helps.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but first I will paint you into a nice orange jumpsuit.
You wont mind the Bold Italic lettering. You will get used to your number, you will have it in your head.
Why?

Would you not rather put a criminal in prison? You seem to take your Jousting on these threads a bit over the top don't you think?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Her daddy promised Yahweh that whatever came out of his house first to greet him would be a burnt offering. His daughter came out. He kept his promise.
Prove it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, time doesn't 'come from' anything. That is because time has to be uncaused: causes require time.

One problem you seem to have is the whole notion of spacetime as a unit. That includes all of space and all of time as a single entity, spacetime. Because causes require time, which is part of spacetime, there can be no cause of spacetime as a whole. Furthermore, asking about 'before' the Big Bang is literally just like asking what is north of the north pole.
"Once again, time doesn't 'come from' anything. That is because time has to be uncaused: causes require time."

Right, Time only comes from nothing.

I know space and time are connected.
Not a big deal when dealing with the start of everything.

"Once again, time doesn't 'come from' anything. "

I know time only comes from nothing, got it.

Look I get the whole thing your trying to get me to buy into about time being self generating that it took absolutely no outside influence to create it. I got what your saying! I just don't buy it.

Absolute "NOTHINGNESS" cannot decay into or change into or spawn into or harbor TIME. Time cannot self generate with NOTHING to work with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>That was one of your more cogent posts. Since I just woke up and still not up to speed, maybe we can communicate for a change.

Perhaps you can get a glimpse of the esoterica I have been saying modern mat6h based physics has fallen in to as exemplified by this caused and uncaused thingy.

Time exists for us strictly because things appear to be in motion. Motion gives the means to measure time. Therefore, for you to analyze this universe, you can only do so relative to this motion, and a lot of supposition has been made about measuring points based upon our local observation of this motion. Relativity on a grand scale.

Anyhow, due to a relativity issue between my brain speed and universal time right now, I will just say that motion is THE force that set this universe in motion. This motion requires a cause. It may be north of the north pole, but it exists. It has to by the requirements of our own physics.

Our own physics reveals a process of expansion and growth that permeates our world. Little things, like seeds sprouting into life from chemical combinations. Those chemicals were assembled in a pattern "designed" to follow laws allowing for this expansion and animation to come forth. A seed is a singularity relative to the finished product.

You have read my frequent comparisons of the BB to a seed. This hot dense stuff it was supposed to have been is what you will see similar to seed imbibition when the seeds get watered. It starts the energy releases and raises the temp before expansion spreads the heat around.

The formation of this universe follows much the same pattern as components of it do creating what we call life and existence. Modern physics refuses to make that connection. They are stuck studying thingies instead of the overall process.

Seeds are caused and designed. We are all a bunch of glorified rutabagas.
"rutabagas" ?

Atheist like APEricots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>Err...YES YOU DID!

Only a few very minor details.

Homo sapiens prototypes like:
Neanderthals? Cro-Magon?

Dinosaurs?

Fossils?

Tell us all about how these managed to EXIST, unknown to God?

It seems they have been forgotten by the religious, but those nasty bones and fossils do present a major problem in your fairy tale don't they?

A brief time-line would be appreciated.

I nice essay explaining to the forum, how each different iteration of Homo sapiens racial type occurred, and why thy BuyBull fails to mention it?
Buybull the great book on evolution!

B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
Y - yelled from the roof tops
B - beseeching all to listen to an
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Miner49 wrote:
"you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God."

So who created God?

He must have been created or else he came from NOTHING.
Wrong. Unlike science who claims the universe started 13.7 billion years ago.
They set the start time. Therefore they are stuck with the Nothing to something problem.

God never makes this kind of claim. God claims to have always existed and will always exist. See God is outside of Time!

He created time he is not bound by it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
They set the start time. Therefore they are stuck with the Nothing to something problem.
God never makes this kind of claim. God claims to have always existed and will always exist. See God is outside of Time!
God never made any claim ever, men made claims.
Stupid men who couldn't explain anything created the excuse for not being able to explain it. God did it, the absolute morons answer for everything. OK so god did you say....Now explain very carefully how god did it. Did he twinkle his nose? Click his heels together?
Of is it you haven't a fucking clue, so you said god did it....moron!

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

So you are saying you don't believe what the bible says I see.

Great start.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Fixed.
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Buybull the great book on Christianity!

B - bull crap
U - unproven theory
Y - yelled from the roof tops
B - beseeching all to listen to an
U - unscientific
L - loony toon
L - lie

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Exactly! Think about this for a second.

You have this supposed almighty being who is powerful beyond time and space. He can bend the laws of physics with a thought, he is majestic and awe inspiring and will be for all eternity and we are mere insects before him...... Lol...... And he has a son!

Lmfao!

Oh isn't that sweet that the almighty alpha and omega needs a friggen son! Oh and what is the job of this so called son? To clean up the mess that his omnipotent @ss made!

Well son, time for your suicide mission, don't worry I won't forsake you (wink) because uh I am you!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>God never made any claim ever, men made claims.
Stupid men who couldn't explain anything created the excuse for not being able to explain it. God did it, the absolute morons answer for everything. OK so god did you say....Now explain very carefully how god did it. Did he twinkle his nose? Click his heels together?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>God never made any claim ever, men made claims.
Wrong. But you'll find that out on your own one day.

"Stupid men who couldn't explain anything created the excuse for not being able to explain it"

Where did time come from?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Unlike science who claims the universe started 13.7 billion years ago.

How convenient.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. But you'll find that out on your own one day.
"Stupid men who couldn't explain anything created the excuse for not being able to explain it"
Where did time come from?
Another fallacy , Pascal's wager.
Time is an abstract mathematical measuring concept , to explain temporal movement in a 4th dimension.
Time IS a human construct. It is the measure of the 4th dimension propagation of the universe and all things within it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no evidence your god exists, the claims made by it are .... useless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,741 - 162,760 of223,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min forks_make_us_fat 1,073,332
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min Junket 304,949
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr Bruin For Life 26,614
Draft pick breakdown: PJ Hairston Fri a onlooker 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 10 Sophia 7
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••