Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169489 Jun 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Probably you already know of this movie.
It's your mention of Deepak Chopra that made me think of it.
http://www.stormmovie.net
<quoted text>
LOL! No, I had never seen that before. It was awesome!

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe Dave will watch it too.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169490 Jun 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you and what are you doing in Oscars body?
LOL
Trust me, if I was going to borrow a body, it would not be Oscar's. He didn't take very good care of it, unfortunately.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169491 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor deficient rutabaga seed that will never sprout.
You're fooling nobody. You been in this forum before, unable to produce any evidence, been very hateful towards posters here and then you dissapeared when you got publically humiliated.

And now you are back again to repeat the cycle, same as Buck, Educated What, Lincoln, dollarbills (he's f*cked off for now)

You are not original and are converting nobody towards the verified stupidity that is the cult of creationism.

Go home and save your energy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169492 Jun 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fooling nobody. You been in this forum before, unable to produce any evidence, been very hateful towards posters here and then you dissapeared when you got publically humiliated.
And now you are back again to repeat the cycle, same as Buck, Educated What, Lincoln, dollarbills (he's f*cked off for now)
You are not original and are converting nobody towards the verified stupidity that is the cult of creationism.
Go home and save your energy.
Wow!!

How wrong you are. How revealing of your inability to grasp reality.

I'm not here to convert you. I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.

I must express my appreciation to you for helping me in such an endeavor. Couldn't have done it without you.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169493 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.
And yet, ironically, with that as your goal you reveal yourself to be that very thing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#169494 Jun 19, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to throw the first stone.....Eye'n sheye, how are u?
Oops, Eye'm sheye;0)
Eye do good, how about you?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169495 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, ironically, with that as your goal you reveal yourself to be that very thing.
Hmmm...

I see I struck a nerve and something jumped.

How skeptical of you.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169496 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
I see I struck a nerve and something jumped.
How skeptical of you.
Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.
LNC Llin

United States

#169497 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
How wrong you are. How revealing of your inability to grasp reality.
I'm not here to convert you. I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.
I must express my appreciation to you for helping me in such an endeavor. Couldn't have done it without you.
Mainly a troll, septic seems to fancy himself moderator from England.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169498 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.
It could complement your inability to see things that are there.

Take my hand, Oscar. It's safer. It can keep you from walking into traffic or sign posts.

If you could hear you could walk by yourself.

What the hell? What is that stuff on your hands?

You are a nasty boy.

But a great straight man.

:-)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169499 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It could complement your inability to see things that are there.
Such as...?
Take my hand, Oscar. It's safer. It can keep you from walking into traffic or sign posts.
Save your patronizing for someone who is interested in it.
If you could hear you could walk by yourself.
What the hell? What is that stuff on your hands?
You are a nasty boy.
But a great straight man.
:-)
???

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169500 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as...?
<quoted text>
Save your patronizing for someone who is interested in it.
<quoted text>
???
I have noticed, and probably others, that Topix atheists have trouble with allegories, metaphors, double and triple entendre. The neural network of their brains could possibly not allow them to make the multiple connections required for them to fire up their brains and get it. They are very single focused people. This lack of network functionality is probably also the reason they seem to be one way speakers in discussions. Or to be so tied to textbooks.

Perhaps this is limited to just written communications. Perhaps they function better in a more personal setting. But I suspect that they may look like their brains are squinting to grasp what you say to them.

Would be an interesting study, the anatomy of their brains.

That is why I am not responding to your digital squints, Oscar. A waste of time and would just confuse you more.

Bet you didn't get that, and will respond, if at all, with less than most people could muster.

And no, I wasn't patronizing you.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#169501 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed, <Verbal Montezuma's Revenge Removed>

How long will you hide from the truth?

I have noticed that everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years.

This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny.

By examining various Ancient Pagan Texts and comparing the epics and stories within with the bible, it can be clearly seen how the bible has simply copied these texts, only changing a few minor details such as the names of people or places.

Of course, there is one question that is bound to arise. How can we be certain that christianity copied from the Pagans, and not the other way around?

Well, first, the Pagan Texts predated the christian Texts by some good 1000 years. This rules out any possibility of the Pagan's having copied from the christians. Even in the bible, it states that christianity came long after Paganism.

One good example of this copying of Text is the story of "Noah's Ark".

A very similar epic appeared some thousands of years before the bible in Ancient Sumeria. Only, in the Ancient Sumerian Epic, Enki (The God of Science and Engineering) appeared to Ziusudra and instructed him to build a boat that would be able to withstand a large wave of water, as some of the other Gods had been planning to let humanity suffer in the coming deluge. Enki also instructed Ziusudra to take onto the boat the "seeds of life", so that after the flood, life could be sustained on earth once again.

This epic appeared thousands of years before "Noah's Ark" of the bible.

There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtop...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169502 Jun 19, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
How long will you hide from the truth?
I have noticed that everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years.
This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny.
By examining various Ancient Pagan Texts and comparing the epics and stories within with the bible, it can be clearly seen how the bible has simply copied these texts, only changing a few minor details such as the names of people or places.
Of course, there is one question that is bound to arise. How can we be certain that christianity copied from the Pagans, and not the other way around?
Well, first, the Pagan Texts predated the christian Texts by some good 1000 years. This rules out any possibility of the Pagan's having copied from the christians. Even in the bible, it states that christianity came long after Paganism.
One good example of this copying of Text is the story of "Noah's Ark".
A very similar epic appeared some thousands of years before the bible in Ancient Sumeria. Only, in the Ancient Sumerian Epic, Enki (The God of Science and Engineering) appeared to Ziusudra and instructed him to build a boat that would be able to withstand a large wave of water, as some of the other Gods had been planning to let humanity suffer in the coming deluge. Enki also instructed Ziusudra to take onto the boat the "seeds of life", so that after the flood, life could be sustained on earth once again.
This epic appeared thousands of years before "Noah's Ark" of the bible.
There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtop...
Perhaps an event so far back in our existence occurred and nothing but a remnant of it survived and has been passed on and modified since?

You look for the gist of things in the words of man, not the words themselves. Each group and generation interprets differently.

They can't even give absolute true accounts of present day history.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169503 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed, and probably others, that Topix atheists have trouble with allegories, metaphors, double and triple entendre. The neural network of their brains could possibly not allow them to make the multiple connections required for them to fire up their brains and get it. They are very single focused people. This lack of network functionality is probably also the reason they seem to be one way speakers in discussions. Or to be so tied to textbooks.
Perhaps this is limited to just written communications. Perhaps they function better in a more personal setting. But I suspect that they may look like their brains are squinting to grasp what you say to them.
Daveworld is a funny and odd place. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
Would be an interesting study, the anatomy of their brains.
That is why I am not responding to your digital squints, Oscar. A waste of time and would just confuse you more.
Bet you didn't get that, and will respond, if at all, with less than most people could muster.
And no, I wasn't patronizing you.
I think you patronize so often you've lost sight of what it is. Regardless, I guess I'm not really typing this reply since, as you say, you didn't respond to me. Lol.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169504 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Daveworld is a funny and odd place. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
<quoted text>
I think you patronize so often you've lost sight of what it is. Regardless, I guess I'm not really typing this reply since, as you say, you didn't respond to me. Lol.
You would have trouble grasping the intricacies of it, for sure.

The patronizing would come naturally to me as I am more aware of where you come from than you me. I'm a lot further down the road than you are. If you are into hubcaps I can tell you where a few are.

Sorry I can't dumb myself for you, Oscar. I just can't. Must be some defect, eh?

But you are a sport.:-)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#169505 Jun 19, 2013
And misses what is right in front of him.

Oh well he comes here as a living punch line because he is lonely I guess.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169506 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have trouble grasping the intricacies of it, for sure.
Oh, no doubt.
The patronizing would come naturally to me as I am more aware of where you come from than you me.
No, actually, patronizing comes from a gross misapprehension that one knows more than one does. It's a rookie mistake, actually. Kinda like a smug teenager.

If you know "where I come from", how about sharing your (psychic?) knowledge with the class? That should be fun, no?
I'm a lot further down the road than you are. If you are into hubcaps I can tell you where a few are.
Sorry I can't dumb myself for you, Oscar. I just can't. Must be some defect, eh?
But you are a sport.:-)
Hubcaps?

Dave, are you drunk already?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#169507 Jun 19, 2013
Classic rambling Dave Nelson post, complete with his lame reader's digest insults.

Lol!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I have noticed, and probably others, that Topix atheists have trouble with allegories, metaphors, double and triple entendre. The neural network of their brains could possibly not allow them to make the multiple connections required for them to fire up their brains and get it. They are very single focused people. This lack of network functionality is probably also the reason they seem to be one way speakers in discussions. Or to be so tied to textbooks.

Perhaps this is limited to just written communications. Perhaps they function better in a more personal setting. But I suspect that they may look like their brains are squinting to grasp what you say to them.

Would be an interesting study, the anatomy of their brains.

That is why I am not responding to your digital squints, Oscar. A waste of time and would just confuse you more.

Bet you didn't get that, and will respond, if at all, with less than most people could muster.

And no, I wasn't patronizing you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169508 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no doubt.
<quoted text>
No, actually, patronizing comes from a gross misapprehension that one knows more than one does. It's a rookie mistake, actually. Kinda like a smug teenager.
If you know "where I come from", how about sharing your (psychic?) knowledge with the class? That should be fun, no?
<quoted text>
Hubcaps?
Dave, are you drunk already?
A long time ago my boss and I were driving down I-95 in Miami. For the hell of it we started counting hubcaps. It was a little over a hundred in about 8 miles. You had to be a real daredevil to get out and get them, though. They can bring some good money. That's why people stole them.

You would be amazed what you can find on the side of the road if you walk down it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,115,461
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 24 min none_of_the_above 1,129
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 47 min PEE PEE PETE 27,595
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr Michele 345
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Brian_G 305,850
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE