Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
162,721 - 162,740 of 224,076 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Miner49 wrote:
"you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God."
So who created God?
He must have been created or else he came from NOTHING.
He/She is NOTHING!
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

LNC Llin wrote:
Post in French if you can not understand English!
ESOL classes
<quoted text>
This may be easier...

Usted es uno de los más estúpidos conocí gente en este foro.

Desprovisto de la razón de sentido común que viven en un mundo de fantasía.

Eres un payaso clásico.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, Oscar. You're just posing.
Not very good.
Oh dear, I've disappointed the muddle-headed narcissist.

Bummer.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

FYI Right Wing in America

Gov. Bobby Jindal signed 35 bills into law Monday afternoon, including two pieces of education legislation that will change how public schools administer the ACT and handle prayer in schools. Since the session ended June 6, Jindal has signed 294 bills into law.

The governor gave final approved to state Rep. Katrina Jackson's House Bill 724, which would allow students to gather before and after school and during "non-instructional" times of the day. It also allows attendance by school employees, parents and community members.

He also signed into law a piece of legislation that would prohibit schools from administering the ACT to students with disabilities who are not pursuing a regular high school diploma. Senate bill 127, sponsored by Gary Smith, D-Norco, is identical to one signed by the governor last week.

Under both pieces of legislation, student will still have to take the tests if their individual education plan calls for it or if the student's parents choose to "opt in" their child for the testing.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/0...

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Probably you already know of this movie.
It's your mention of Deepak Chopra that made me think of it.
http://www.stormmovie.net
<quoted text>
LOL! No, I had never seen that before. It was awesome!

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe Dave will watch it too.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you and what are you doing in Oscars body?
LOL
Trust me, if I was going to borrow a body, it would not be Oscar's. He didn't take very good care of it, unfortunately.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor deficient rutabaga seed that will never sprout.
You're fooling nobody. You been in this forum before, unable to produce any evidence, been very hateful towards posters here and then you dissapeared when you got publically humiliated.

And now you are back again to repeat the cycle, same as Buck, Educated What, Lincoln, dollarbills (he's f*cked off for now)

You are not original and are converting nobody towards the verified stupidity that is the cult of creationism.

Go home and save your energy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fooling nobody. You been in this forum before, unable to produce any evidence, been very hateful towards posters here and then you dissapeared when you got publically humiliated.
And now you are back again to repeat the cycle, same as Buck, Educated What, Lincoln, dollarbills (he's f*cked off for now)
You are not original and are converting nobody towards the verified stupidity that is the cult of creationism.
Go home and save your energy.
Wow!!

How wrong you are. How revealing of your inability to grasp reality.

I'm not here to convert you. I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.

I must express my appreciation to you for helping me in such an endeavor. Couldn't have done it without you.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.
And yet, ironically, with that as your goal you reveal yourself to be that very thing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to throw the first stone.....Eye'n sheye, how are u?
Oops, Eye'm sheye;0)
Eye do good, how about you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, ironically, with that as your goal you reveal yourself to be that very thing.
Hmmm...

I see I struck a nerve and something jumped.

How skeptical of you.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
I see I struck a nerve and something jumped.
How skeptical of you.
Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.
LNC Llin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
How wrong you are. How revealing of your inability to grasp reality.
I'm not here to convert you. I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.
I must express my appreciation to you for helping me in such an endeavor. Couldn't have done it without you.
Mainly a troll, septic seems to fancy himself moderator from England.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.
It could complement your inability to see things that are there.

Take my hand, Oscar. It's safer. It can keep you from walking into traffic or sign posts.

If you could hear you could walk by yourself.

What the hell? What is that stuff on your hands?

You are a nasty boy.

But a great straight man.

:-)

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It could complement your inability to see things that are there.
Such as...?
Take my hand, Oscar. It's safer. It can keep you from walking into traffic or sign posts.
Save your patronizing for someone who is interested in it.
If you could hear you could walk by yourself.
What the hell? What is that stuff on your hands?
You are a nasty boy.
But a great straight man.
:-)
???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as...?
<quoted text>
Save your patronizing for someone who is interested in it.
<quoted text>
???
I have noticed, and probably others, that Topix atheists have trouble with allegories, metaphors, double and triple entendre. The neural network of their brains could possibly not allow them to make the multiple connections required for them to fire up their brains and get it. They are very single focused people. This lack of network functionality is probably also the reason they seem to be one way speakers in discussions. Or to be so tied to textbooks.

Perhaps this is limited to just written communications. Perhaps they function better in a more personal setting. But I suspect that they may look like their brains are squinting to grasp what you say to them.

Would be an interesting study, the anatomy of their brains.

That is why I am not responding to your digital squints, Oscar. A waste of time and would just confuse you more.

Bet you didn't get that, and will respond, if at all, with less than most people could muster.

And no, I wasn't patronizing you.
CunningLinguist

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed, <Verbal Montezuma's Revenge Removed>

How long will you hide from the truth?

I have noticed that everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years.

This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny.

By examining various Ancient Pagan Texts and comparing the epics and stories within with the bible, it can be clearly seen how the bible has simply copied these texts, only changing a few minor details such as the names of people or places.

Of course, there is one question that is bound to arise. How can we be certain that christianity copied from the Pagans, and not the other way around?

Well, first, the Pagan Texts predated the christian Texts by some good 1000 years. This rules out any possibility of the Pagan's having copied from the christians. Even in the bible, it states that christianity came long after Paganism.

One good example of this copying of Text is the story of "Noah's Ark".

A very similar epic appeared some thousands of years before the bible in Ancient Sumeria. Only, in the Ancient Sumerian Epic, Enki (The God of Science and Engineering) appeared to Ziusudra and instructed him to build a boat that would be able to withstand a large wave of water, as some of the other Gods had been planning to let humanity suffer in the coming deluge. Enki also instructed Ziusudra to take onto the boat the "seeds of life", so that after the flood, life could be sustained on earth once again.

This epic appeared thousands of years before "Noah's Ark" of the bible.

There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtop...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
How long will you hide from the truth?
I have noticed that everything in the christian bible was taken from Ancient Pagan Texts that pre-dated it by thousands of years.
This has been proven time and time again, and is becoming harder and harder for christians to deny.
By examining various Ancient Pagan Texts and comparing the epics and stories within with the bible, it can be clearly seen how the bible has simply copied these texts, only changing a few minor details such as the names of people or places.
Of course, there is one question that is bound to arise. How can we be certain that christianity copied from the Pagans, and not the other way around?
Well, first, the Pagan Texts predated the christian Texts by some good 1000 years. This rules out any possibility of the Pagan's having copied from the christians. Even in the bible, it states that christianity came long after Paganism.
One good example of this copying of Text is the story of "Noah's Ark".
A very similar epic appeared some thousands of years before the bible in Ancient Sumeria. Only, in the Ancient Sumerian Epic, Enki (The God of Science and Engineering) appeared to Ziusudra and instructed him to build a boat that would be able to withstand a large wave of water, as some of the other Gods had been planning to let humanity suffer in the coming deluge. Enki also instructed Ziusudra to take onto the boat the "seeds of life", so that after the flood, life could be sustained on earth once again.
This epic appeared thousands of years before "Noah's Ark" of the bible.
There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtop...
Perhaps an event so far back in our existence occurred and nothing but a remnant of it survived and has been passed on and modified since?

You look for the gist of things in the words of man, not the words themselves. Each group and generation interprets differently.

They can't even give absolute true accounts of present day history.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed, and probably others, that Topix atheists have trouble with allegories, metaphors, double and triple entendre. The neural network of their brains could possibly not allow them to make the multiple connections required for them to fire up their brains and get it. They are very single focused people. This lack of network functionality is probably also the reason they seem to be one way speakers in discussions. Or to be so tied to textbooks.
Perhaps this is limited to just written communications. Perhaps they function better in a more personal setting. But I suspect that they may look like their brains are squinting to grasp what you say to them.
Daveworld is a funny and odd place. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
Would be an interesting study, the anatomy of their brains.
That is why I am not responding to your digital squints, Oscar. A waste of time and would just confuse you more.
Bet you didn't get that, and will respond, if at all, with less than most people could muster.
And no, I wasn't patronizing you.
I think you patronize so often you've lost sight of what it is. Regardless, I guess I'm not really typing this reply since, as you say, you didn't respond to me. Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Daveworld is a funny and odd place. I'm sure glad I don't live there.
<quoted text>
I think you patronize so often you've lost sight of what it is. Regardless, I guess I'm not really typing this reply since, as you say, you didn't respond to me. Lol.
You would have trouble grasping the intricacies of it, for sure.

The patronizing would come naturally to me as I am more aware of where you come from than you me. I'm a lot further down the road than you are. If you are into hubcaps I can tell you where a few are.

Sorry I can't dumb myself for you, Oscar. I just can't. Must be some defect, eh?

But you are a sport.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,079,419
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 39 min PEE PEE PETE 26,650
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 2 hr Dana McCarty 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Junket 305,081
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 8 hr RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••