Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169448 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did time come from?
The advent of our reality is currently under study.
But we are sure it came from the creation of the space/time continuum.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169449 Jun 18, 2013
Doctor Jordon wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot this one, no. 4) many people eat rats and these folks allege that a rat is our oldest mammal ancestor, 160 millions ago......so, they are saying that rats evolved into rat eating animals or cannibals.

You can't make this stuff up..
LOL

Location hidden

#169450 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Um, no, the "big bang," which is rather erroneously titled, is the best explanation for the evidence, but the origin point is still up for much debate. Two different notions. His caricature representation of it was not accurate, thus, he made up the myth. Also known as a straw man fallacy.
Where did it come from?
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169451 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did time come from?
God asked me if I knew what time it was. I said, "Yes, but not right now."

My watch is three hours slow and I can't fix it. So I'm going to move to LA.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169452 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did it come from?
We don't know yet, no one does.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#169453 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Random chance and variables are figurative terms for things you can't account for. You evidently don't understand them.
Drive by a steep mountainside with loose rocks. There is a random chance one may land on you, but the physical reality is your passing triggered it, adding to another physical action causing such to occur "by chance". The rock may have fallen at another time, but you became part of the local forces when you entered the area.
Always with the rocks....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169454 Jun 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
God asked me if I knew what time it was. I said, "Yes, but not right now."
You are aware how rfid identifies, or how gps is used to locate?

You basically activate something that produces a unique EM signature or discrete frequencies in a pattern.

You emit such, and your brain also does.

You just don't know it.

Such things are used in quality control, also.

One moment a construct can be running down an assembly line, or even running loose, laughing and having fun, making fun of the manufacturer, and just overall having a good old time being obnoxious.

Then it passes the QA station.

Don't think things work like that in the universe that produced you?
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169455 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are aware how rfid identifies, or how gps is used to locate?
You basically activate something that produces a unique EM signature or discrete frequencies in a pattern.
You emit such, and your brain also does.
You just don't know it.
Such things are used in quality control, also.
One moment a construct can be running down an assembly line, or even running loose, laughing and having fun, making fun of the manufacturer, and just overall having a good old time being obnoxious.
Then it passes the QA station.
Don't think things work like that in the universe that produced you?
I had to put tape on the mirrors in my house, after talking with Christians, so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension.

Do you think if a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

What if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Location hidden

#169456 Jun 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to put tape on the mirrors in my house, after talking with Christians, so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension.
Do you think if a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
What if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
I would suggest you improve your comedic skills if you wish to make the grade.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169457 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you improve your comedic skills if you wish to make the grade.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten you before.
If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.

Location hidden

#169458 Jun 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>God asked me if I knew what time it was. I said, "Yes, but not right now."

Pretty good. Can you just paint my house? It's not too big.

Location hidden

#169459 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>We don't know yet, no one does.
I know you don't know. With out it (Time) you've got no Big Bang. Science claims time started 13.7 billion years ago. Where did it come from? What's it doing here? Where's it going? There was nothing then there was time and the Big Bang. And you call my belief a myth, you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God.

Oh I see now why you're an atheist!!

It's because you believe in NOTHING.

got it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169460 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't know. With out it (Time) you've got no Big Bang. Science claims time started 13.7 billion years ago. Where did it come from? What's it doing here? Where's it going? There was nothing then there was time and the Big Bang. And you call my belief a myth, you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God.
Oh I see now why you're an atheist!!
It's because you believe in NOTHING.
got it.
Um, you have not asked any pertinent questions.

Location hidden

#169461 Jun 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten you before.
If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.
Drugs will not help you in developing that skill. Just makes YOU funny and something to laugh at.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169462 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but first I will paint you into a nice orange jumpsuit.
You wont mind the Bold Italic lettering. You will get used to your number, you will have it in your head.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#169463 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Always with the rocks....
He likes to throw the first stone.....Eye'n sheye, how are u?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#169464 Jun 18, 2013
Oops, Eye'm sheye;0)
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169465 Jun 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs will not help you in developing that skill. Just makes YOU funny and something to laugh at.
Should crematoriums give discounts for burn victims?

I went to the museum in Athens where they had all the heads and arms from the statues that are in all the other museums.

A Catholic priest went to the cinema, and the prices were: Adults $5.00, children $2.50. So He said, "Give me two boys and a girl."

There is this restaurant in Hong Kong that is set up like a big buffet in the shape of an Ouija board. You'd think about what kind of food you want, and the table would move across the floor to it.

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

Echota, NC

#169466 Jun 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Should crematoriums give discounts for burn victims?
I went to the museum in Athens where they had all the heads and arms from the statues that are in all the other museums.
A Catholic priest went to the cinema, and the prices were: Adults $5.00, children $2.50. So He said, "Give me two boys and a girl."
There is this restaurant in Hong Kong that is set up like a big buffet in the shape of an Ouija board. You'd think about what kind of food you want, and the table would move across the floor to it.
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
bzzzzt

I'm going home.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169467 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that you went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "where's the self-help section?" She said if she told you, it would defeat the purpose.

Like gods, I've never seen electricity either, so I don't pay for it. I write right on the bill, "I'm sorry, I haven't seen it all month."

Doing a little work around the house. I put fake brick wallpaper over a real brick wall, just so I'd be the only one who knew. People come over and I'm gonna say, "Go ahead, touch it... It feels real."

I was going 93 miles an hour and got stopped by a cop who said, "Do you know the speed limit is 55 miles per hour?" "Yes, officer, but I wasn't going to be out that long..."

Jesus walks into a hotel, tosses three nails on the front desk and says, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"

Remember: Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min nanoanomaly 1,130,078
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 12 min Fair Game 1,633
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr fadu singh 507
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Fight On 27,984
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 306,372
loan needed (Dec '13) Thu Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE