Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#169430 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Where are all the people fossils from then...genius? Or even animals we recognize as living 6000 ya, epic fail and making your self look pretty shabby in the brains department.
Do you believe every fossil has been found?

Do you believe everything that lived turns into a fossil?

Fact is most people would be hanging on to trees and other floating item until they died they would have then bloated and floated and would then have been eaten. They would not have been buried alive in mud slides in the numbers like that of sea creatures.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169431 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Still with us?
Just in case lets try it again.
The Cambrian explosion was really the Cambrian extinction. The results if Noah's flood.
To make a fossil you must bury the dead fast else it just rots away.
There are jelly fish fossils from this Cambrian extinction. A pretty major event would be needed to make fossil all over the world of the same time period. We call it Noah's flood.
That's still millions of years before humans existed, still making your myth a failure. Of course ignoring the fact that you twisted the facts to support your ignorant assertion here. Not to mention, there were no rabbits, birds, or mammals.

Location hidden

#169432 Jun 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Hey we think Dave is loopy, but he is at least pretty smart.
You on the other hand, are stump dumb.
Where did time come from?

Location hidden

#169433 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the Babylonian Adam and Eve, which predate the Hebrew Genesis story by several centuries?
The term "Nibiru" comes from the Sumerian cuneiform stone tablets and writings that are 6,000 years old. The term Nibiru means "Planet of the crossing". The Sumerian culture is the first recorded civilization on earth, then called Sumerian, today's Iraq. It has been known throughout ensuing time periods as Sumer, Mesopotamia, and Babylon, all the same location for where earth's first culture shows up on earth. The Sumerian Culture is the oldest known civilization we know of based on the artifacts and monuments that still remain.

Stories throughout the english version of the bible, today's modern version, speak of many events that changed the coarse of humanity in our past. If we look at the stories in the bible as historical accounts of what actually took place, then we need to research the origins of these stories. The hebrew version of the bible, known as the Old Testament, which is a much older version than the english translation, is derived from the stories of the Sumerian Culture. When we trace the origins of the Old testament we can see that it is also based on previous translations from subsequent older languages throughout history.

Location hidden

#169434 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>That's still millions of years before humans existed, still making your myth a failure. Of course ignoring the fact that you twisted the facts to support your ignorant assertion here. Not to mention, there were no rabbits, birds, or mammals.
"That's still millions of years before humans existed"

That correct.

Quack Quack

Your 3 BIG Myths:

1) the Big Bang when nothing exploded
and created everything.

2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.

3) plants evolving into plant eating animals.

And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.

"SNAP"

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169435 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "Nibiru" comes from the Sumerian cuneiform stone tablets and writings that are 6,000 years old. The term Nibiru means "Planet of the crossing". The Sumerian culture is the first recorded civilization on earth, then called Sumerian, today's Iraq. It has been known throughout ensuing time periods as Sumer, Mesopotamia, and Babylon, all the same location for where earth's first culture shows up on earth. The Sumerian Culture is the oldest known civilization we know of based on the artifacts and monuments that still remain.
Stories throughout the english version of the bible, today's modern version, speak of many events that changed the coarse of humanity in our past. If we look at the stories in the bible as historical accounts of what actually took place, then we need to research the origins of these stories. The hebrew version of the bible, known as the Old Testament, which is a much older version than the english translation, is derived from the stories of the Sumerian Culture. When we trace the origins of the Old testament we can see that it is also based on previous translations from subsequent older languages throughout history.
OK, you've shown us you can plagiarize. What else?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169436 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I'm not actually Oscar Wilde. That's just an avatar.
But as for my own original thoughts, here is one: I really like Sea Veggies seaweed snacks.
How was that?
I know that, Oscar. You're just posing.

Not very good.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#169437 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's still millions of years before humans existed"
That correct.
Quack Quack
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
2) rain falling on rocks and settling in a mud puddle and spontaneous self generating life sprang forth.
And when I snap my fingers you will wake up and believe these 3 myths as if they were fact.
"SNAP"
Um, no, I don't subscribe to those myths, you do.

Location hidden

#169438 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you've shown us you can plagiarize. What else?
Wrong read up your definition of "plagiarize".

"The Sumerian culture, the first civilization to invent writing as a complete written language, recorded stories that have been preserved through the modern day biblical passages found in the Old and New testament. All of which speak of a time when man lived among their living gods here on earth. The Sumerians had 7 sacred tablets that explained our creation. These stories preserved in stone, are now told to us in the form of the english version, "7 days of creation".

They also had a story of a great flood, and how one of the Gods choose to give a certain Sumerian man knowledge on how to build a boat that could withstand the great flood. All the stories in the bible are just translated versions of the original Sumerian Texts that we still have today preserved in stone, unchanged.

The Sumerians tell us that their Gods, taught them all the amazing knowledge that the Sumerian Culture possessed, 6,000 years ago. They called their Gods, "anunnaki" which is translated to mean "those who from heaven to earth came"..

They have left us artifacts and stone tablet pictures that say the anunnaki came from another planet within our own solar system. They call this planet "Nibiru" which is where the anunnaki come from, according to the Sumerian translations. The Sumerians say that the anunnaki live on Nibiru, which has a 3,600 year orbit around our sun. All the other information they state including the color of the outer planets, and even the distance between the planets, has been proven to be accurate. We sent space probes out in the 70's that took the first pictures in color, which confirmed the Sumerian descriptions.

The Sumerians were the first to invent over 100 of the first's for a modern culture. All academic references to the origins of writing, math, science, medicine, astronomy, lead to the Sumerian Culture and their amazing artifacts. We still use their math, medicine, science, time, music, astronomy, and many other fields, even to this day."

http://xfacts.com/xnews/
Thinking

London, UK

#169439 Jun 18, 2013
Probably you already know of this movie.
It's your mention of Deepak Chopra that made me think of it.

http://www.stormmovie.net
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right? It's like reading Deepak Chopra. Dumbed down quite a bit.

Location hidden

#169440 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Um, no, I don't subscribe to those myths, you do.
Quack Quack

Your 3 BIG Myths:

and created everything.

"SNAP"

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#169441 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Quack Quack
Your 3 BIG Myths:
and created everything.
"SNAP"
Repeating this post only demonstrates that you made up those myths.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#169445 Jun 18, 2013
Doctor Jordon wrote:
<quoted text>So,, instead of the Big Bang do you subscribe to the constant fizzle theory?
Um, no, the "big bang," which is rather erroneously titled, is the best explanation for the evidence, but the origin point is still up for much debate. Two different notions. His caricature representation of it was not accurate, thus, he made up the myth. Also known as a straw man fallacy.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#169446 Jun 18, 2013
Doctor Jordon wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot this one, no. 4) many people eat rats and these folks allege that a rat is our oldest mammal ancestor, 160 millions ago......so, they are saying that rats evolved into rat eating animals or cannibals.
You can't make this stuff up..
Um, you are still making the mistake of asserting that evolution has direction and that modern rats were around 160 million years ago. Wow, can't you at least get some education before attempting to address matters of science?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169447 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I'm not actually Oscar Wilde. That's just an avatar.
But as for my own original thoughts, here is one: I really like Sea Veggies seaweed snacks.
How was that?
Who are you and what are you doing in Oscars body?
LOL

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169448 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The advent of our reality is currently under study.
But we are sure it came from the creation of the space/time continuum.

Location hidden

#169449 Jun 18, 2013
Doctor Jordon wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot this one, no. 4) many people eat rats and these folks allege that a rat is our oldest mammal ancestor, 160 millions ago......so, they are saying that rats evolved into rat eating animals or cannibals.

You can't make this stuff up..
LOL

Location hidden

#169450 Jun 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Um, no, the "big bang," which is rather erroneously titled, is the best explanation for the evidence, but the origin point is still up for much debate. Two different notions. His caricature representation of it was not accurate, thus, he made up the myth. Also known as a straw man fallacy.
Where did it come from?
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169451 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
God asked me if I knew what time it was. I said, "Yes, but not right now."

My watch is three hours slow and I can't fix it. So I'm going to move to LA.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#169452 Jun 18, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did it come from?
We don't know yet, no one does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min flack 1,156,162
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 min Bruin For Life 28,489
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Phil Donahue 307,105
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 11 hr Earthling-1 2,741
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 14 hr zubedaanur 693
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Fri best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web