Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 244778 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#169476 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't know. With out it (Time) you've got no Big Bang. Science claims time started 13.7 billion years ago. Where did it come from? What's it doing here? Where's it going? There was nothing then there was time and the Big Bang. And you call my belief a myth, you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God.
Oh I see now why you're an atheist!!
It's because you believe in NOTHING.
got it.
Once again, time doesn't 'come from' anything. That is because time has to be uncaused: causes require time.

One problem you seem to have is the whole notion of spacetime as a unit. That includes all of space and all of time as a single entity, spacetime. Because causes require time, which is part of spacetime, there can be no cause of spacetime as a whole. Furthermore, asking about 'before' the Big Bang is literally just like asking what is north of the north pole.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#169478 Jun 19, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, time doesn't 'come from' anything. That is because time has to be uncaused: causes require time.
One problem you seem to have is the whole notion of spacetime as a unit. That includes all of space and all of time as a single entity, spacetime. Because causes require time, which is part of spacetime, there can be no cause of spacetime as a whole. Furthermore, asking about 'before' the Big Bang is literally just like asking what is north of the north pole.
That was one of your more cogent posts. Since I just woke up and still not up to speed, maybe we can communicate for a change.

Perhaps you can get a glimpse of the esoterica I have been saying modern mat6h based physics has fallen in to as exemplified by this caused and uncaused thingy.

Time exists for us strictly because things appear to be in motion. Motion gives the means to measure time. Therefore, for you to analyze this universe, you can only do so relative to this motion, and a lot of supposition has been made about measuring points based upon our local observation of this motion. Relativity on a grand scale.

Anyhow, due to a relativity issue between my brain speed and universal time right now, I will just say that motion is THE force that set this universe in motion. This motion requires a cause. It may be north of the north pole, but it exists. It has to by the requirements of our own physics.

Our own physics reveals a process of expansion and growth that permeates our world. Little things, like seeds sprouting into life from chemical combinations. Those chemicals were assembled in a pattern "designed" to follow laws allowing for this expansion and animation to come forth. A seed is a singularity relative to the finished product.

You have read my frequent comparisons of the BB to a seed. This hot dense stuff it was supposed to have been is what you will see similar to seed imbibition when the seeds get watered. It starts the energy releases and raises the temp before expansion spreads the heat around.

The formation of this universe follows much the same pattern as components of it do creating what we call life and existence. Modern physics refuses to make that connection. They are stuck studying thingies instead of the overall process.

Seeds are caused and designed. We are all a bunch of glorified rutabagas.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169479 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was one of your more cogent posts. Since I just woke up and still not up to speed, maybe we can communicate for a change.
Perhaps you can get a glimpse of the esoterica I have been saying modern mat6h based physics has fallen in to as exemplified by this caused and uncaused thingy.
Time exists for us strictly because things appear to be in motion. Motion gives the means to measure time. Therefore, for you to analyze this universe, you can only do so relative to this motion, and a lot of supposition has been made about measuring points based upon our local observation of this motion. Relativity on a grand scale.
Anyhow, due to a relativity issue between my brain speed and universal time right now, I will just say that motion is THE force that set this universe in motion. This motion requires a cause. It may be north of the north pole, but it exists. It has to by the requirements of our own physics.
Our own physics reveals a process of expansion and growth that permeates our world. Little things, like seeds sprouting into life from chemical combinations. Those chemicals were assembled in a pattern "designed" to follow laws allowing for this expansion and animation to come forth. A seed is a singularity relative to the finished product.
You have read my frequent comparisons of the BB to a seed. This hot dense stuff it was supposed to have been is what you will see similar to seed imbibition when the seeds get watered. It starts the energy releases and raises the temp before expansion spreads the heat around.
The formation of this universe follows much the same pattern as components of it do creating what we call life and existence. Modern physics refuses to make that connection. They are stuck studying thingies instead of the overall process.
Seeds are caused and designed. We are all a bunch of glorified rutabagas.
Poor defeated creationist troll with no proof of god, trying desperately to lie about god.

Westcliffe, CO

#169480 Jun 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor defeated creationist troll with no proof of god, trying desperately to lie about god.
Poor deficient rutabaga seed that will never sprout.
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#169481 Jun 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't leave anything out. I was correcting the age of the flood.
I did that. Nothing left out.
Err...YES YOU DID!

Only a few very minor details.

Homo sapiens prototypes like:
Neanderthals? Cro-Magon?

Dinosaurs?

Fossils?

Tell us all about how these managed to EXIST, unknown to God?

It seems they have been forgotten by the religious, but those nasty bones and fossils do present a major problem in your fairy tale don't they?

A brief time-line would be appreciated.

I nice essay explaining to the forum, how each different iteration of Homo sapiens racial type occurred, and why thy BuyBull fails to mention it?

Miner49

Webster Springs, WV

#169482 Jun 19, 2013
"you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God."

So who created God?

He must have been created or else he came from NOTHING.
LNC Llin

United States

#169483 Jun 19, 2013
Post in French if you can not understand English!
ESOL classes
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169484 Jun 19, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
ESOL classes
<quoted text>
OK
If you insist...

Vous êtes parmi les personnes les plus stupides que j'ai rencontré dans ce forum.

Dépourvu de raison de bon sens vivant dans un monde imaginaire.

Vous êtes un bouffon classique.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169485 Jun 19, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
"you've got all of everything coming from NOTHING. At least I have it being created by God."
So who created God?
He must have been created or else he came from NOTHING.
He/She is NOTHING!
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169486 Jun 19, 2013
LNC Llin wrote:
ESOL classes
<quoted text>
This may be easier...

Usted es uno de los más estúpidos conocí gente en este foro.

Desprovisto de la razón de sentido común que viven en un mundo de fantasía.

Eres un payaso clásico.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#169487 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that, Oscar. You're just posing.
Not very good.
Oh dear, I've disappointed the muddle-headed narcissist.

Bummer.
LNC Llin

United States

#169488 Jun 19, 2013
FYI Right Wing in America

Gov. Bobby Jindal signed 35 bills into law Monday afternoon, including two pieces of education legislation that will change how public schools administer the ACT and handle prayer in schools. Since the session ended June 6, Jindal has signed 294 bills into law.

The governor gave final approved to state Rep. Katrina Jackson's House Bill 724, which would allow students to gather before and after school and during "non-instructional" times of the day. It also allows attendance by school employees, parents and community members.

He also signed into law a piece of legislation that would prohibit schools from administering the ACT to students with disabilities who are not pursuing a regular high school diploma. Senate bill 127, sponsored by Gary Smith, D-Norco, is identical to one signed by the governor last week.

Under both pieces of legislation, student will still have to take the tests if their individual education plan calls for it or if the student's parents choose to "opt in" their child for the testing.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/0...

San Francisco

#169489 Jun 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Probably you already know of this movie.
It's your mention of Deepak Chopra that made me think of it.
http://www.stormmovie.net
<quoted text>
LOL! No, I had never seen that before. It was awesome!

Thanks for sharing that. Maybe Dave will watch it too.

San Francisco

#169490 Jun 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you and what are you doing in Oscars body?
LOL
Trust me, if I was going to borrow a body, it would not be Oscar's. He didn't take very good care of it, unfortunately.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169491 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor deficient rutabaga seed that will never sprout.
You're fooling nobody. You been in this forum before, unable to produce any evidence, been very hateful towards posters here and then you dissapeared when you got publically humiliated.

And now you are back again to repeat the cycle, same as Buck, Educated What, Lincoln, dollarbills (he's f*cked off for now)

You are not original and are converting nobody towards the verified stupidity that is the cult of creationism.

Go home and save your energy.

Westcliffe, CO

#169492 Jun 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fooling nobody. You been in this forum before, unable to produce any evidence, been very hateful towards posters here and then you dissapeared when you got publically humiliated.
And now you are back again to repeat the cycle, same as Buck, Educated What, Lincoln, dollarbills (he's f*cked off for now)
You are not original and are converting nobody towards the verified stupidity that is the cult of creationism.
Go home and save your energy.
Wow!!

How wrong you are. How revealing of your inability to grasp reality.

I'm not here to convert you. I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.

I must express my appreciation to you for helping me in such an endeavor. Couldn't have done it without you.

San Francisco

#169493 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to prove what a mindless boob and quivering mass of random firing neurons you are.
And yet, ironically, with that as your goal you reveal yourself to be that very thing.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#169494 Jun 19, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He likes to throw the first stone.....Eye'n sheye, how are u?
Oops, Eye'm sheye;0)
Eye do good, how about you?

Westcliffe, CO

#169495 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, ironically, with that as your goal you reveal yourself to be that very thing.
Hmmm...

I see I struck a nerve and something jumped.

How skeptical of you.

San Francisco

#169496 Jun 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
I see I struck a nerve and something jumped.
How skeptical of you.
Well, as usual, you see many things which simply aren't there. Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,262,717
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 34 min ritedownthemiddle 6,462
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr tom wingo 29,848
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web