Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#169220 Jun 17, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean....never mind! U ain't changed much! That's a good thing!;-)
@Aura...u so sweet!!:-)
Hi, Clem.
Thinking

London, UK

#169221 Jun 17, 2013
Clunt's misusing Matthew 5:11. The text favours him only if he is abused because of jesus.

I throw abuse at Clunt because he asked for it, and because he's dumb anyway.

So Matthew 5:11 doesn't apply - like it did anyway!
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
"And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him.
Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision."
Excuse me, but what the eff is that?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#169222 Jun 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
"And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him.
Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me.
So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision."
Zippers and male mutilation.

How it all started.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#169223 Jun 17, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard the part about asking for forgiveness to get into heaven. Are you saving up all your horror for your death bed? Because of course you can't keep repeating your sin, that of not turning the other cheek. You can't ask for forgiveness then get back on Topix and keep insulting people. You can't wait for your death bed, then ask God for forgiveness, as you know what you do is wrong, yet you keep doing it. Do you think your fooling your God?
If your an example of someone who loves Jesus Christ all Mighty then I'm not buying.
God set aside one day a year to make atonement for our sin. This includes remorse, confession, restitution, and change. We are to afflict our souls (bodies) with fasting and ask God for forgiveness. If we do all of these things and we haven't committed a deadly sin, we'll be forgiven.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169224 Jun 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You haven't read it right, DK Clunt.
<quoted text>
thanks again!!!!!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169225 Jun 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Clunt's misusing Matthew 5:11. The text favours him only if he is abused because of jesus.
I throw abuse at Clunt because he asked for it, and because he's dumb anyway.
So Matthew 5:11 doesn't apply - like it did anyway!
<quoted text>
Oh yes! keep it up I love it!!! 1 cor 2-14 says you don't understand the holy word of GOD! your dumb AZZ posts proves this! once again proving the holy word of GOD ALMIGHTY TO BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

YEA THINKING

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169226 Jun 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God set aside one day a year to make atonement for our sin. This includes remorse, confession, restitution, and change. We are to afflict our souls (bodies) with fasting and ask God for forgiveness. If we do all of these things and we haven't committed a deadly sin, we'll be forgiven.
what about the next day? Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169227 Jun 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
Im not gonna explain the bible to you mac, because you don't believe me or anything about the bible! I could go over scripture for years and you would BOO the hell outta of it...

trust me mac!!!!! LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169228 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Im not gonna explain the bible to you mac, because you don't believe me or anything about the bible! I could go over scripture for years and you would BOO the hell outta of it...
trust me mac!!!!! LOL
That is the normal reaction to lying creationist bullsh*t from an online clown.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169229 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what about the next day? Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father

What , you got to eat him or something?
You prolly enjoy that part.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169230 Jun 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What , you got to eat him or something?
You prolly enjoy that part.
you're sick and very evil! satan owns your soul

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169231 Jun 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the normal reaction to lying creationist bullsh*t from an online clown.
that is one pitiful post! if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch... You hear me boy

Yours Truly

Bro. Clownie atheist stomper and all around good guy

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169232 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're sick and very evil! satan owns your soul
Your imagination is a f*cked up place. Glad we atheists dont share it...

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#169233 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're sick and very evil! satan owns your soul
You don't take the sacrament?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#169234 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what about the next day? Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father
Right now, it doesn't matter who your god is. The wicked go to hell and the righteous go to heaven. Nobody can die for your sin except you. Nobody can go to hell for you if that's what you deserve.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169235 Jun 17, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your imagination is a f*cked up place. Glad we atheists dont share it...
We atheist??? You mean you demons? LOL youse atheist are some dumb peeps!!!
One day I was walking down the beach with
some friends when someone shouted,
"Look at that dead bird!"
a poor dumb atheist looked up at the sky and said,"Where?"

YEP YEP what bunch of go getters.... LORD GOD ALMIGHTY WHEN YOU COME BACK TO GET YOUR PEOPLE! DON"T LET ME BE HANGING OUY WITH THESE CHUMPS!PRAISE BE TO GOD!
CunningLinguist

Lady Lake, FL

#169236 Jun 17, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:11-12
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
THANKS BUDDY FOR YOU HELP
WELCOME! PTL!

Therefore speak I to them in parables ... lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.--Matthew 13:13-15

God came from Teman .... He had horns coming out of his hand .... Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at his feet.--Habakkuk 3:3-5

IS THIS WHY YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME IN YOUR ROOM, ALONE?
HORNY HANDS?

PS: PULEEZE provide me more of you're Xtian straight lines.
LMAO to the power of 10!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#169237 Jun 17, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>I will accept facts not opinions, opinions are like buttholes, we all have one
And most of them stink.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169238 Jun 17, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Right now, it doesn't matter who your god is. The wicked go to hell and the righteous go to heaven. Nobody can die for your sin except you. Nobody can go to hell for you if that's what you deserve.
Yes it does matter who your GOD is! The bible says no one is righteous! we all are wicked! JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY......

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169239 Jun 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You don't take the sacrament?
yes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,221,117
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 309,692
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr tom wingo 29,669
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 hr TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web