Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,117)

Showing posts 162,321 - 162,340 of223,314
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a extremely bad dream.
He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.
What cartoon did you see that in?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
No it was a Jewish judge in the OT. I guess you have never read it.
<quoted text>
If it's in there I'm sure I've read it but it escapes me. I concentrate on the Law and the Prophets. You're also blaming God for the actions of human beings. We are like God in that we have free will. When one human being murders another, it's not Gods' fault.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Saying "wrong" doesn't make me incorrect. If the future is known, it cannot change, for if it can change, then it is not known.
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What cartoon did you see that in?
;)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
have you noticed how mad atheists are all the time?
yes

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>have you noticed how mad atheists are all the time?
No.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying "wrong" doesn't make me incorrect. If the future is known, it cannot change, for if it can change, then it is not known.
God knows all

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian, Skeptic and do not accept any of their doctrine. Every time a Christian invents a new theology, they have to rewrite the bible to fit their delusions. The bible (OT) is the word of God and the most accurate English translation is the OKJV. All the other English versions are Christian interpretations.
I don't believe you

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true at all. When you look at your past, choices that were made, did you have freedom of choice? Yes, but no matter how many times you look at the past choices they remain the same. You now do not have freedom of choice over your past, but you still had freedom of choice then. Choice is a now thing, not past and not future.

Here is a game: Move your hand up or down, keep changing. The second after you have moved it in the chosen direction, change your mind. Go faster. Not faster enough, faster. Darn, you never seem to catch up to the choice you made.
Good.

So there is no omniscient god.

Congratulations.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The first Christians were told they needed to literally eat Jesus' body and drink his blood to be "saved". God does not approve of human sacrifice and the consumption of blood is expressly forbidden. Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips". It's a sin to even speak the name of another god.
Catholics believe in transubstantiation.

I.e., the host eaten at communion is the ACTUAL body of Christ and the wine is the ACTUAL blood of Christ.

Cannibals.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There's no such thing as freedom of choice in a universe governed by an omnipotent, omniscient deity.
you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I agree with you atheist are not good peeps

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
So there is no omniscient god.
Congratulations.
what does the bible say? thats the true word

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god and you are mentally ill. Atheists will never follow your hateful cult.
You must be psychic, Miss Cleo. How can you tell what goofy atheist will do??????

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

In that case the bible says God deceived the prophet Jeremiah.

That's the true word.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what does the bible say? thats the true word

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, I used to think that you were just a goofball, but now it seems you are legitimately crazy. Are you so scared of death that you have to invent these afterlife fantasies? Do you really think you're going to become a roving EM ball after you die, free to "possess" people and live through them?
I had a dress rehearsal for it. Not scared as you think, but aware of what happens. You are the one in total ignorance.

Read up on your laws of conservation of matter and energy. You claim your consciousness is but a result of mass and energy being channeled in a particular manner. A personalized nuclear and EM signature. You claim to understand physics. Do a little thinking.

You can see the body laying there, a collection of mass with the energy it channeled switched off. Dead mass, so to speak. You may have experienced the energy that carcass emanated before it switched off. That EM signature is what animated it. You can see the carcass, but you can't see the energy that was there. It collapsed.

Life dies too quick for it to be strictly a material phenomenon. A level is reached, a switch is thrown, and the body is dead meat. Your belief would require a very long time for the mass to quit producing and channeling energy, and thus consciousness.

I've mentioned space being the ground state of this material world, mass being just a foam blown up in it. Collapsing the foam just sends it somewhere else.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a dress rehearsal for it. Not scared as you think, but aware of what happens. You are the one in total ignorance.
Read up on your laws of conservation of matter and energy. You claim your consciousness is but a result of mass and energy being channeled in a particular manner. A personalized nuclear and EM signature. You claim to understand physics. Do a little thinking.
You can see the body laying there, a collection of mass with the energy it channeled switched off. Dead mass, so to speak. You may have experienced the energy that carcass emanated before it switched off. That EM signature is what animated it. You can see the carcass, but you can't see the energy that was there. It collapsed.
Life dies too quick for it to be strictly a material phenomenon. A level is reached, a switch is thrown, and the body is dead meat. Your belief would require a very long time for the mass to quit producing and channeling energy, and thus consciousness.
I've mentioned space being the ground state of this material world, mass being just a foam blown up in it. Collapsing the foam just sends it somewhere else.
Failed antiscience liar-troll with no proof of god babbling on endlessly about his hallucinated cult bullsh*t.

Already been confronted about having no proof of god whatsoever.

Dave believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossil arent really there.

Only an idiot denies evolution - physical evidence.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Failed antiscience liar-troll with no proof of god babbling on endlessly about his hallucinated cult bullsh*t.
Already been confronted about having no proof of god whatsoever.
Dave believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossil arent really there.
Only an idiot denies evolution - physical evidence.
The world would be a blissful place if everyone had your mind.

Find a museum of old cars or computers or most examples of technology. Tear them apart and see how they were assembled. You will see evolution.

Now search for the original factory and designers.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>God knows all
Then nothing can change, that means no free will.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
In that case the bible says God deceived the prophet Jeremiah.
That's the true word.
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 20 go read it again!!!! 1cor 2-14 says you don't understand the word... this proves it... I love it when a atheist quotes scripture that he don't believe... stay off them gay atheist sites boy you hear me... thats all I need is a atheist preaching the HOLY WORD OF GOD TO BRO. CLOWNIE... why lord??? I told you Clownie they were dumb!!! You did LORD... again you told me the truth...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,321 - 162,340 of223,314
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghost 1,073,300
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr DAVID27 304,948
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Bruin For Life 26,614
Draft pick breakdown: PJ Hairston Fri a onlooker 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 10 Sophia 7
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••