Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169068 Jun 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There's no such thing as freedom of choice in a universe governed by an omnipotent, omniscient deity.
you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169069 Jun 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I agree with you atheist are not good peeps

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169070 Jun 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
So there is no omniscient god.
Congratulations.
what does the bible say? thats the true word

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169071 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as god and you are mentally ill. Atheists will never follow your hateful cult.
You must be psychic, Miss Cleo. How can you tell what goofy atheist will do??????

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#169073 Jun 16, 2013
In that case the bible says God deceived the prophet Jeremiah.

That's the true word.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what does the bible say? thats the true word

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#169074 Jun 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, I used to think that you were just a goofball, but now it seems you are legitimately crazy. Are you so scared of death that you have to invent these afterlife fantasies? Do you really think you're going to become a roving EM ball after you die, free to "possess" people and live through them?
I had a dress rehearsal for it. Not scared as you think, but aware of what happens. You are the one in total ignorance.

Read up on your laws of conservation of matter and energy. You claim your consciousness is but a result of mass and energy being channeled in a particular manner. A personalized nuclear and EM signature. You claim to understand physics. Do a little thinking.

You can see the body laying there, a collection of mass with the energy it channeled switched off. Dead mass, so to speak. You may have experienced the energy that carcass emanated before it switched off. That EM signature is what animated it. You can see the carcass, but you can't see the energy that was there. It collapsed.

Life dies too quick for it to be strictly a material phenomenon. A level is reached, a switch is thrown, and the body is dead meat. Your belief would require a very long time for the mass to quit producing and channeling energy, and thus consciousness.

I've mentioned space being the ground state of this material world, mass being just a foam blown up in it. Collapsing the foam just sends it somewhere else.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169075 Jun 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a dress rehearsal for it. Not scared as you think, but aware of what happens. You are the one in total ignorance.
Read up on your laws of conservation of matter and energy. You claim your consciousness is but a result of mass and energy being channeled in a particular manner. A personalized nuclear and EM signature. You claim to understand physics. Do a little thinking.
You can see the body laying there, a collection of mass with the energy it channeled switched off. Dead mass, so to speak. You may have experienced the energy that carcass emanated before it switched off. That EM signature is what animated it. You can see the carcass, but you can't see the energy that was there. It collapsed.
Life dies too quick for it to be strictly a material phenomenon. A level is reached, a switch is thrown, and the body is dead meat. Your belief would require a very long time for the mass to quit producing and channeling energy, and thus consciousness.
I've mentioned space being the ground state of this material world, mass being just a foam blown up in it. Collapsing the foam just sends it somewhere else.
Failed antiscience liar-troll with no proof of god babbling on endlessly about his hallucinated cult bullsh*t.

Already been confronted about having no proof of god whatsoever.

Dave believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossil arent really there.

Only an idiot denies evolution - physical evidence.

Location hidden

#169076 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Failed antiscience liar-troll with no proof of god babbling on endlessly about his hallucinated cult bullsh*t.
Dave believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossil arent really there.
The world would be a blissful place if everyone had your mind.

Find a museum of old cars or computers or most examples of technology. Tear them apart and see how they were assembled. You will see evolution.

Now search for the original factory and designers.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169077 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>God knows all
Then nothing can change, that means no free will.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169078 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
In that case the bible says God deceived the prophet Jeremiah.
That's the true word.
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 20 go read it again!!!! 1cor 2-14 says you don't understand the word... this proves it... I love it when a atheist quotes scripture that he don't believe... stay off them gay atheist sites boy you hear me... thats all I need is a atheist preaching the HOLY WORD OF GOD TO BRO. CLOWNIE... why lord??? I told you Clownie they were dumb!!! You did LORD... again you told me the truth...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169079 Jun 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then nothing can change, that means no free will.
wrong again saphire!!!!! you have free will!!!! God just knows what choice you will make...fact!!!!! in your case you don't believe in GOD so what do you care...you can't out-witt the ALMIGHTY LORD

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169080 Jun 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is a lie... there is no evidence only lies
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169081 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>God knows all
Not really - he suffers from Alzheimer's
Which he himself created!
It appears he had little concerns about Cro-Magnon, Neanderthal or Piltdown Man - And those dinosaurs.
Were these his 1st mistakes?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#169082 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>evolution is a lie... there is no evidence only lies
That's right. God put all that faked evidence out there to fool us all. seems your god's middle name is Loki
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169083 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>evolution is a lie... there is no evidence only lies
---------- On A Lighter Note ----------

Re-posted from the original author:'Epicurus"

IF you believe in talking animals, witches, and miracles...

You have been infected and now have contracted the near fatal disease known as TERMINAL RELIGION.

Jesus Tourettes

Clownie suffers from a disease known as: Jesus Tourette syndrome

Although vocal and motor tics are the hallmark of Jesus Tourette syndrome, such other symptoms as the expression of socially inappropriate comments (INSULTS) or behaviors(HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE), obsessive compulsive disorder(GODDIDIT), attention deficit disorder(DENIAL OF FACTS), self-injuring behavior(IMAGINED THREATS OF HELL), depression(FAILURE TO CONVERT), and anxiety('What if I'm worshipping the wrong Saviour?') also appear to be associated with Jesus Tourette syndrome.
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#169084 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again saphire!!!!! you have free will!!!! God just knows what choice you will make...fact!!!!! in your case you don't believe in GOD so what do you care...you can't out-witt the ALMIGHTY LORD
It is impossible to out wit that which does not exist.
e.g. GODS

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169085 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again saphire!!!!! you have free will!!!! God just knows what choice you will make...fact!!!!! in your case you don't believe in GOD so what do you care...you can't out-witt the ALMIGHTY LORD
In which case, the choice has already been made, thus you cannot change it, thus there is no free will.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#169086 Jun 16, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Every lying atheist on here has a choice to wake up each day and either be good or evil. They choose evil every time.
And then they wonder why there are doomed for Hell.
So all atheists are evil?

Yawn.

You have no credibility.

Location hidden

#169087 Jun 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
In which case, the choice has already been made, thus you cannot change it, thus there is no free will.
The only free will is the decision to accept you are part of a process and go with it, enjoying the ride, or to deny it and be torn asunder.

Or something like that.

Location hidden

#169088 Jun 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So all atheists are evil?
Yawn.
You have no credibility.
Atheists are too stupid to be evil. That is why they are used as tools.

Satan has never been portrayed as dumb, only those who fall under his influence.

That was allegorical, but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,153,947
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Cowobunga 201,164
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 28,382
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 306,974
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 11 hr Roy the Boy 686
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Thu Earth inhabited 2,663
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web