Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#168991 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, you tit.
Hummingbirds do NOT eat insects.
they will run insects away from the feeder! including other Hummingbirds.. they hate to share

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#168992 Jun 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>they will run insects away from the feeder! including other Hummingbirds.. they hate to share
Why are they christian?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#168993 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, you tit.
Hummingbirds do NOT eat insects.
You are quite mistaken. It is their primary diet. Little tiny bugs, though.

Location hidden

#168994 Jun 15, 2013
Mac, before you respond stupidly.

Maybe you are aware flowers, and thus nectar, is not always available?

You think they eat peanut butter while migrating?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#168995 Jun 15, 2013
Yes indeed, funny how all the atheist bashing he does and then comes to us asking for help.

Lol!

Senile old tard.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text><The Dave Nelson> "blaaaatherrr"

Location hidden

#168996 Jun 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes indeed, funny how all the atheist bashing he does and then comes to us asking for help.
Lol!
Senile old tard.
<quoted text>
"Us"?

Who is "us", GML?

Are you associating yourself with grownups with skills?

Location hidden

#168997 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You sayin a humming bird ate you before?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#168998 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.

You're correct, and I overstated the case.

They eat MOSTLY nectar.

http://howtoenjoyhummingbirds.com/what_do_hum...

Location hidden

#168999 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You sayin a humming bird ate you before?
You have to watch those fierce little critters.

They have a special like for imitation batmen, their brains being soft and easy to digest. And not too filling.

Location hidden

#169000 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
You're correct, and I overstated the case.
They eat MOSTLY nectar.
http://howtoenjoyhummingbirds.com/what_do_hum...
When they can get it.

I have heard that hummingbirds catch rides on Canada geese, but I don't believe it. I think they eat bugs on the way.

When they migrate they don't follow the flowers, they follow the bugs. The bugs are the first thing to show in Spring and the last to go in Fall.

The Rufous Hummingbird migrates from Mexico to Alaska. One of the longest bird migrations around.

I have an exceptional amount of house finches and two other larger species of bird hitting my hummer feeders hard this year. Strange, they haven't eaten fruit I have left out, but they love that sugar water. Must be some plant the drought and fires got last year isn't around much this year.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169001 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he was mistaken, some species of humming birds do eat insects, but not all, which makes you wrong now. You should have quit while you were ahead.

Location hidden

#169003 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to watch those fierce little critters.
They have a special like for imitation batmen, their brains being soft and easy to digest. And not too filling.

I like gummy batgirls myself, sweet and sour.

Location hidden

#169004 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he was mistaken, some species of humming birds do eat insects, but not all, which makes you wrong now. You should have quit while you were ahead.
Prolly the annoying bugs ,

Get out da way Hummy boy is com'min to da flowahz...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#169005 Jun 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Prolly the annoying bugs ,
Get out da way Hummy boy is com'min to da flowahz...lol
lol That put a funny mental image in my head, considering I love the animal centered movies like Zookeeper and Madagascar.

Location hidden

#169006 Jun 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I just knew you would show up and comment on this.

Show us which ones do not.

Location hidden

#169007 Jun 15, 2013
http://www.worldofhummingbirds.com/bugs.php

Hmmm, I will make one of those.

I love hummingbirds. They are the messengers of the gods.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#169008 Jun 15, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When they can get it.
I have heard that hummingbirds catch rides on Canada geese, but I don't believe it. I think they eat bugs on the way.
When they migrate they don't follow the flowers, they follow the bugs. The bugs are the first thing to show in Spring and the last to go in Fall.
The Rufous Hummingbird migrates from Mexico to Alaska. One of the longest bird migrations around.
I have an exceptional amount of house finches and two other larger species of bird hitting my hummer feeders hard this year. Strange, they haven't eaten fruit I have left out, but they love that sugar water. Must be some plant the drought and fires got last year isn't around much this year.
If you use hummingbird feeders, take them down September 1.
Otherwise the birds are apt to stay around too late, and starve on the way South.

Location hidden

#169010 Jun 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>If you use hummingbird feeders, take them down September 1.
Otherwise the birds are apt to stay around too late, and starve on the way South.
They leave when they want to leave. They know better than us, they have been doing it for a while.

I've watched them come and go for 10 years. Seems they all pack up and leave at the same time. They left late Sept last year. Had a straggler or two stop by and keep going. Have seen them all disappear overnight in late August. Have seen them come swarming in the Spring by the hundreds when I lived in their migration path. There are not enough flowers that early to support them.

There is a huge area around the Mexican border, and the Gulf of Mexico itself that are not known for an abundance of daffodils or other such flowers. They follow the stream and river beds when the winter runoff starts and the bugs start blooming, and spread out from there. Bugs start decreasing and they bug out.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#169013 Jun 15, 2013
Certainly my skills are above yours and for all your atheist bashing you sure are fast to beg help from atheists.

Hypocrite.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>"Us"?

Who is "us", GML?

Are you associating yourself with grownups with skills?

Location hidden

#169015 Jun 15, 2013
"Another of the untrue facts about hummingbirds: keeping your feeders out too long in the fall will upset the hummingbirds' normal migration pattern.

The hummingbird migration is causes by hormonal changes that take place within the hummingbird's body. These hormonal changes are triggered by the changing length of daylight. Since it is the shorter hours of daylight in the fall that causes the hummingbirds to migrate, you don't have to worry that keeping your feeders out too long in the fall will cause the birds to hang around and not migrate.

Many species of Hummingbirds that migrate to the United States must travel very long distances from Mexico and Central America to get here. Many Ruby-throated Hummingbirds must travel 2,000 miles to go from Panama to their destination in Canada.

One of the most incredible facts about hummingbirds is that this 2,000 mile journey will also include a 500 mile non-stop flight to cross the Gulf of Mexico."

http://howtoenjoyhummingbirds.com/

Wildfires and droughts and human denuding of the landscape affects the plant life more than the animal life. Plants are notorious for NOT running real fast. However, bugs are always around. I don't care what anyone says, bugs are the prime diet for hummingbirds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min forks_make_us_fat 1,126,434
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 59 min squeezers 458
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The_Box 306,257
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 27,929
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr LonePalm 1,525
Old UK WildCat Picture Signed by Adolph F.Rupp+... (Apr '07) 21 hr Local man 40
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Wed Geoscientist 50

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE