Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169153 Jun 16, 2013
saidI wrote:
Or it's just a load of rubbish, and didn't happen, but is a story a parable to make people frightened enough to believe in God.
I don't believe you! you sound real dumb

“Nature--The Only God We Need”

Since: May 13

Christianity :TheGreatest Evil

#169154 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're as nutty as a squirrel turd...
Hi, squirrel turd!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169155 Jun 16, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it would have to be sick, twisted, deluded people that believe in a God, that think there doing Gods work for him. That murder for their imagination, for some sick sense of imagined glory. Ancient people that knew know better, that were frightened when the earth shook, when the moon covered the sun, they did it.
The preceding ignorant post was submitted to the International Museum of Trolls on topix. It should elevate the poor, pathetic, atheist reject to number one contender in the Classless & Pure Garbage category, in this year's World's Major Troll competition. Congratulations!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#169156 Jun 16, 2013
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, squirrel turd!
Hey baby!!!!!!!!!! you turds can post with her, but thats it!!!!!!!!! we're boyfriend & girlfriend !!!! do you dukie balls hear me?????

#169157 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
In senile Dave's world 500 million years, 6000 years? Aw what's the difference?
Lol!
<quoted text>
Does *anyone* really pay any attention to what Dave Nelson says?

He's a dork!!

He sits around all day long, telling himself what an objective genius he is with all the answers to life's questions, wearing his mustard-stained Starfleet Uniform (blue shirt, of course) and wax-encrusted Spock ears, while squinting at his monitor with a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth (light up another, Dave, you'll "cure" yourself of your emphyzema sooner or later!), dropping ashes all over himself. He's so devoted to his ranting posts, he doesn't even take the time to get up to go to the bathroom; he just sits there, stewing in his own waste, writing posts that are interesting to no one but him.

Ick!!

#169158 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you! you sound real dumb
Posted with your usual "eloquence."

#169159 Jun 16, 2013
Whenever I suffer from insomnia, all I have to do is read a post or two of Dave Nelson, and I'm out like a light.

I guess he's not as useless as I thought.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169161 Jun 16, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though you are wrong about the freedom of choice issue, it's good to see you admit that God does indeed exist.
You're aware that one can speak hypothetically, right? And how am I wrong on free will?

Location hidden

#169162 Jun 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your god allowed Jephthah to sacrifice his daughter as a burnt offering to him.
<quoted text>
Who can blame him? Even god likes a good BBQ.

Location hidden

#169163 Jun 16, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Every lying atheist on here has a choice to wake up each day and either be good or evil. They choose evil every time.
And then they wonder why there are doomed for Hell.
And you wonder why we say that you are categorically immoral. Your religion of "love" makes you believe, even relish the notion of eternal torture for nonbelievers.

Location hidden

#169164 Jun 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a dress rehearsal for it. Not scared as you think, but aware of what happens. You are the one in total ignorance.
Read up on your laws of conservation of matter and energy. You claim your consciousness is but a result of mass and energy being channeled in a particular manner. A personalized nuclear and EM signature. You claim to understand physics. Do a little thinking.
You can see the body laying there, a collection of mass with the energy it channeled switched off. Dead mass, so to speak. You may have experienced the energy that carcass emanated before it switched off. That EM signature is what animated it. You can see the carcass, but you can't see the energy that was there. It collapsed.
Life dies too quick for it to be strictly a material phenomenon. A level is reached, a switch is thrown, and the body is dead meat. Your belief would require a very long time for the mass to quit producing and channeling energy, and thus consciousness.
I've mentioned space being the ground state of this material world, mass being just a foam blown up in it. Collapsing the foam just sends it somewhere else.
Ok dave. I will be gleefully awaiting your arrival in spirit form. Don't make me do anything too crazy.

Also, we are all in total ignorance of what comes after. To claim to "know" what happens after we die is the epitome of hubris.

Location hidden

#169165 Jun 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again saphire!!!!! you have free will!!!! God just knows what choice you will make...fact!!!!! in your case you don't believe in GOD so what do you care...you can't out-witt the ALMIGHTY LORD
Your idiocy is a wonder to behold.

Location hidden

#169166 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know this proves your ignorance of my faith? It all shows so much hate.
I don't know why the children of the corn hate so much? It's not like they are in hell already.
So you don't believe that jesus paid for your sins through brutal, torturous sacrifice?

Location hidden

#169167 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rule?
Not Gods that's for sure.
Erhm.. It's not "my rule," it's logic.

Location hidden

#169168 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called freedom of choice. It was Jephthah who made up the contract.
God did not say "ok Jephthah I will let you win your war but you must then offer your daughter to me as a burnt offering".
Nope it was Jephthah who said "Lord if you let me win this war I will offer up to you the first who walk out of my door when I return"
I would also point out that no where in the bible is this burnt offering of his Daughter ever carried out.
And the LORD was like... ok, cool?

Location hidden

#169169 Jun 16, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cambrian explosion was really the Cambrian extinction. The results if Noah's flood.
To make a fossil you must bury the dead fast else it just rots away.
There are jelly fish fossils from this Cambrian extinction. A pretty major event would be needed to make fossil all over the world of the same time period. We call it Noah's flood.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH HHAAAHAAHAHAHA dude come on you're gonna make me literally die from laughter.

Location hidden

#169170 Jun 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> So Noah's flood was 500 million years ago?
Do you know what that means?
Nobody was around to see it.
No, it was 6k years ago. You must remember that the devil tools around with our measurements.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#169172 Jun 17, 2013
Senile dog years :)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>BOO!!!:-p

It could be like dog years or something!

United States

#169174 Jun 17, 2013
It's what your bible says, are you saying the bible is incorrect?

Good start
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Prove she was burnt.

United States

#169175 Jun 17, 2013
Lol! Actually I just laugh at his senile dithering. He is always good for a laugh.
Diana La Strega Regina wrote:
<quoted text>Does *anyone* really pay any attention to what Dave Nelson says?

He's a dork!!

He sits around all day long, telling himself what an objective genius he is with all the answers to life's questions, wearing his mustard-stained Starfleet Uniform (blue shirt, of course) and wax-encrusted Spock ears, while squinting at his monitor with a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth (light up another, Dave, you'll "cure" yourself of your emphyzema sooner or later!), dropping ashes all over himself. He's so devoted to his ranting posts, he doesn't even take the time to get up to go to the bathroom; he just sits there, stewing in his own waste, writing posts that are interesting to no one but him.

Ick!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Julia 1,535,778
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 40 min Hot phart 33,097
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr silly rabbit 314,353
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web