Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 257130 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#166365 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes like when Jesus told children at his feet the end of the world would come before some of them died.... Oops he failed miserably.
<quoted text>
nobody knows the end of time... please don't lie... 1 cor 2-14 sez you don't understand the word

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#166366 May 31, 2013
You mean it's up to me to self delude myself.

That's okay I would rather live in reality but enjoy your delusion all you wish.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its not up to me I already believe! its up to you to find GOD not everybody will...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166367 May 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're apparently a self confirmed Bible expert perhaps you can explain these verses?
TO WHAT PURPOSE WITH ANY LOVING GOD GIVE THIS ADVICE?
" Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock! "
-- Psalm 137.9.
Did Jesus lie or was it John?
ALL CHRISTIANS LIE THIS MUST BE HOW THEY LEARNED IT
" Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father."
--John 14.12
Come on Christians, let's see a few miracles – walking on water, perhaps, or raising the dead?!
Ignorant or lying angel?
ANGELS SHOULD GET EVERYTHING PERFECT
"The Lord God shall give him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever and of his kingdom there shall be no end." – Luke 1.32.33.
Hmm. Did Jesus ever get to reign over the house of Jacob? NO!
Obedient slaves are righteous
SLAVERY IS AN ABOMINATION
"Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves ... obedience leads to righteousness?"
– Romans 6.16.
Simple-minded -
JEALOUS GOD ? YOU MUST BE KIDDING
"I am jealous over you ... I fear your minds be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
– 2 Corinthians 11.2-3.
"I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create EVIL. I the LORD do all these things."
– Isaiah 45.7.
Puerile God
"If ye will not give glory unto my name saith the LORD ... I will spread dung upon your faces."
– Malachi 2.2,3.
Making "every thought captive."
FEAR OF KNOWLEDGE
"For the weapons of our warfare are casting down imaginations ... and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."
– St Paul, 2 Corinthians 10.4,5.
Please provide your most godly biblical answer.
Allah willing - yours in Christ - Shalom - HariKrishna!
get in a good sunday school.. and ask your dumb questions!!!! you need help in understanding the holy word of our lord Jesus Christ... get help and not on topix

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166368 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That's okay I would rather live in reality but enjoy your delusion all you wish.
<quoted text>
thanks liberty!!!! I will...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166369 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is not in your heart, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Like I have the power to have God log on to this blog. God the Father is spirit, not flesh and blood. He is the light that people see when their spirits are departing this world for their judgment. Don't fret, little lost one ... you'll be seeing it one day! Have a good one ... ya hear!?

Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#166370 May 31, 2013
I always have a great one laughing at you pitiful deluded people. You sheep are meant to be herded.

Thanks for the laughs puppet.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If God is not in your heart, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Like I have the power to have God log on to this blog. God the Father is spirit, not flesh and blood. He is the light that people see when their spirits are departing this world for their judgment. Don't fret, little lost one ... you'll be seeing it one day! Have a good one ... ya hear!?

Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166371 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> If God is not in your heart, no amount of proof will satisfy you. Like I have the power to have God log on to this blog. God the Father is spirit, not flesh and blood. He is the light that people see when their spirits are departing this world for their judgment. Don't fret, little lost one ... you'll be seeing it one day! Have a good one ... ya hear!?
Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie
Oh great, another religious liar with no proof of god, high on cocaine and with access to keyboard.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166372 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
i wold like you to support each of your claims as a historian and take into account culture, lifestyle, historical data before you assert that each of these statements you are making is valid in the way you are putting it. all one has to do to dismiss this poorly made slavery argument is to understand how things worked back then.
I see you like to twist and spin it as you go. Apologetics at it's finest.

Location hidden

#166373 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Science can't tell you if its gonna rain in three days
Even your hallucinated god can't tell you that. But as you probably say, the devil is in the details.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166374 May 31, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
also, one more thing. do you know what roman law was when it came to slaves? runaway, you die. harbor a slave, you die. free too many slaves, you get punished. so would it have been moral of paul to harbor a slave and get both him and the slave killed? mind you, paul asked him to return, and gave a letter pleading for his forgiveness, and also stating that he would take care of things for him. so in this case, paul did whaat was best given his situation. second, jesus didnt mention anything about slaves becase for as much as jesus said things that riled up the crowd of his time, he was very keen on not getting into political issues before the time was right, because the last thing you want to do is upset the roman law. second, slavery or some form of slavery was common during all timeperiods in all parts of the world. the lack of slavery in any given part of the world does not negate anything that ive said seeing as that it is just a side pointand does not further your argument.
Soooo, basically you're saying that Jeebus, Son of GAWD had no cajones?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166375 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! you can't
No more than you can disprove the invisible pink unicorn that lives in my back yard....putz.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166376 May 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of text but no proof of god. Let the liars continue..
Yes, first one has to assume that the bible is true and then one can pick and choose, interpret and reinterprate. It seems that the man Jesus (whom he can't even prove the existance of) was more than content to just go with the flow and not upset the status quo. For a son of an "Almighty God", he seems rather timid and bland don't you think?
Joe dugooder

Spencer, MA

#166377 May 31, 2013
Everybody believes in god!

Www.newdrivewaypaving.com

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166378 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do and no you don't.
Sorry, Clownie but you, like millions before, have proven yourselves to be constant liars. No one should believe a proven constant liar.
You are doing more harm to Christianity than any non-believer ever could.
Please continue. With your help, Christianity will go the way of the Clan of the Cave Bear.
He's almost as good as the Westborro Baptist Church at making people draw back at the foolishness of religion.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166379 May 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, another religious liar with no proof of god, high on cocaine and with access to keyboard.
Wrong again, Sapphire! Yours truly comes from a long line of intelligent beings, that God put on the face of the Earth to keep the low-life losers, heathen scumbags, and brainless twits like you
from hurting themselves. and you're in that category! Also, standing up to moral decadence, and twisted stupidity.

Bro. Clownie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166380 May 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He's almost as good as the Westborro Baptist Church at making people draw back at the foolishness of religion.
Stop being such a whiner/cry-baby

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166381 May 31, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
No more than you can disprove the invisible pink unicorn that lives in my back yard....putz.
WOW you're dumb

Since: May 13

Trenton, NJ

#166382 May 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes I deleted your apologetic opinion piece that is completely devoid of fact.
Bottom line on today's secular society we find the practice of owning another human being as a slave is abhorrent and detestable. The god in your bible myth thought that a person owning another person is fine.
He says you can beat them, just so long as they can stand up after two days. Now think about that. Just think about that. As a kid you were probably in some fights right? Both of you probably messed up, roughed up, bleeding noses bruises everywhere. Still most likely both of you were able to get up and go home. Now imagine how cruel and vicious a beating would need to be to require two days of rest before you can stand up again as the bible days is okay? Barbaric!
The bible clearly says you can have sex with a female slave. Rape.
The bible even says how to go and buy slaves from other countries and they are your slaves for life as are any children they have. You even admit these slaves really had no rights.
I could go on and on but the bottom line is your god happily allowed for life long slavery, you can beat them, rape them, own and sell or use their children, even Jesus and Paul ordered slaves to obey their human master and return to them. There is no historical context that makes these barbaric practices okay.
In the time of Jesus many cultures and countries did not allow slavery. These people did just fine without slaves. I guess they just has better morals and a hold book that never mentioned slavery was approved by their god.
<quoted text>
3 quick points because it your asserting claims rather than supporting them logically, and appealing to the peronal dislike of the thing rather than dealing with it within the cultural context as well as within the logic.

1. my argument is factual, i not once have to appeal to emotion or anything you cant look up yourself to describe the way things were. what your argument consists of is a projection of your morals on top of that historical information of how things were. now the problem with your argument is that you dont interact with the history or the culture, ou merely take the cultural ideas we have now and push it ontop of the culture. and that doensnt work given the fac t that you havent even described the moral framework you have.

2. a beating doesnt have to be vicious for someone to end up almost dying or for them to die. there are people who get hit with one punch and they die because of being hit in a certain place or way. ive personally been in fights where people get knocked out in one hit, let alone some of the damage thats done.

3. again, your argument lacks foundation to defend the claims its making. are you telling me, that no matter what the shape or form or culture of the time, slavery is the same in all aspects? because since you lack the desire to even defend your views beyond your personal dislike of how things are persented to you, i have to ask background questions to even understand where your views are coming from. you havent even presented any historical data to back up your claims that people got allong without slavery. all cultures at some point or another had slavery in some way, shape, or form.

im not really serious in dealing with your post because it seems to me like your objections are little more than personal dislike. your not really relating it to anything. i know your an intelligent person, no doubt, but you have to form your arguments better than just personal dislikes of the wording. you need factual, historical comparisons.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#166383 May 31, 2013
MESSAGE FROM Bro. Clownie TO ALL ATHEISTS: Hurry up and band together to fight Bro. Clownie the Anointed. The inept atheist morons that are posting on this thread right now, are making you dip-sticks look almost intelligent. Hurry up now, as those intelligent challenged twits need all the help they can get. And, Clownie the Anointed looks up toward Heaven and says to God, "Is this all the moronic atheists have"? And, God in his majestic voice says to the Anointed one, "I did warn you that you would be facing some of My worst rejects". "Yes you did, Lord!... my bad!"

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#166384 May 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong again, Sapphire! Yours truly comes from a long line of intelligent beings, that God put on the face of the Earth to keep the low-life losers, heathen scumbags, and brainless twits like you
from hurting themselves. and you're in that category! Also, standing up to moral decadence, and twisted stupidity.
Bro. Clownie
If the above post is an example of your faith, you can keep it. Nothing says xtian love like namecalling.

So much for the "moral majority".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,432,813
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min zef 311,896
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 42 min donaldtrump 10,106
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,403
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web