Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#166161 May 27, 2013
Please donate your time to people who suffer from head injuries like Dave here.

It's so sad and now dementia is compounding his condition :(
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>The self righteousness you and your fellows exhibit is beyond description.

Lexington, KY

#166162 May 27, 2013
Once again ditch digger, atheism is not believing in a god. Show observable proof and we can go from there.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist does to require a belief, the belief that deities don't exist.

Since that is NOT knowledge, it's belief, opinion, faith, trust, confidence, persuasion, credence, whatever you want to call it, it's not a fact that deities don't exist.

Lexington, KY

#166163 May 27, 2013
I do not believe in a personal god. Albert Einstein.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>How many religions and sects of them are there? A rather large variety, right? They even fight each other.

How many versions of atheism are there? Including the one claiming "science" as it basis.

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

You keep merrily marching on, now.

Lexington, KY

#166164 May 27, 2013
I often wonder if the ditch digger realizes how stupid he makes himself look on here.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That'd be a wee tad different...

But Redneck's lost his effing mind.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#166165 May 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Other than pour le sport?
I'll have to talk to HL. She never spanks gently.

Since: May 13

Hightstown, NJ

#166166 May 27, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Since FACTS are defined as...."A thing that is INDISPUTABLY the case" and since the existence of deities is certainly disputable, the by definition, it is a FACT that deities do not exits.
Since a FACT is......"A piece of information used as EVIDENCE" ( your lest favorite word) And since there is no EVIDENCE for deities, it become a FACT that deities do not exist.
You'd do well to try and really understand the following. I do understand that no amount of logic or reason can penetrate the damage that religion has done to your thought process, but give it a try.
"When considering any matter of philosophy, ask yourself ONLY what are the FACTS and what is the TRUTH that these FACTS bear out. NEVER let yourself be diverted either by what you WISH to believe, or by what you THINK would have been socially acceptable to believe, but look ONLY and SOLELY at what are the FACTS." Bertrand Russell
well, instead of quibbling over definitions, id say that absence of evidence is only evidence of absence when you should have more evidence tan what you have available. that being said, any argument for the existance of God makes the idea of his non existance anything but a fact. for example, if i arguend that moraals prove Gods existance, then the idea that there is no God is under despute, making his non existance anthing but a face by your terms. the term fact is used too loosely in this case.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#166167 May 27, 2013
Ray puelerico wrote:
<quoted text>
well, instead of quibbling over definitions, id say that absence of evidence is only evidence of absence when you should have more evidence tan what you have available. that being said, any argument for the existance of God makes the idea of his non existance anything but a fact. for example, if i arguend that moraals prove Gods existance, then the idea that there is no God is under despute, making his non existance anthing but a face by your terms. the term fact is used too loosely in this case.
There is no quibbling over definitions here. The definitions I gave for FACTS is not up for debate, those are simply what facts are.

Something is either true or it isn't, there is no third choice. What methodology do we use to determine wether something is true of not? Isn't it extremely important to ascertain whether something is true or not? Is not evidence one of the most important aspects of making that determination? Without evidence you have NOTHING. Without demonstrable facts, you have NOTHING. Until someone can produce evidence for the existence of God, until someone can produce anything factual about God, then all that is left is because of absents of evidence it is a fact that no God exists. Personal experiences, anecdotal testimony, the words in holy books, the belief by millions, none of these can be used as evidence. You are simply left with a belief, not a fact.

And morals do NOT prove the existence of God, morals are governed by man and the various societies of man.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#166168 May 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>The self righteousness you and your fellows exhibit is beyond description.
Yours isn't.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#166169 May 28, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to talk to HL. She never spanks gently.
Well, if that's how ya like it, nihil obstat...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#166170 May 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>How many religions and sects of them are there? A rather large variety, right? They even fight each other.

How many versions of atheism are there? Including the one claiming "science" as it basis.

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

Trying to organize atheists is like trying to herd cats.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#166171 May 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
pee wee and the stray cat shuffle bwhahahahahahahaha
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#166172 May 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
How many religions and sects of them are there? A rather large variety, right? They even fight each other.
-Albert Einstein
Once again you're too stupid to understand the context. Too bad you can't twist Einstein's thoughts. We do understand your religion has taught you to lie.

The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it.

We should be agnostic about those things for which there is no evidence. We should not hold beliefs merely because they gratify our desires for afterlife or immortality.

If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss then why are you wearing a seat belt?

You belong to the church - stay there

Location hidden

#166174 May 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they are very easy to route march. Not so easy for them to march in any sort of precision, though. Too many random firing neurons.

Location hidden

#166175 May 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you're too stupid to understand the context. Too bad you can't twist Einstein's thoughts. We do understand your religion has taught you to lie.
The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it.
We should be agnostic about those things for which there is no evidence. We should not hold beliefs merely because they gratify our desires for afterlife or immortality.
If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss then why are you wearing a seat belt?
You belong to the church - stay there
Your youthful and immature intellect is amusing.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#166176 May 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> pee wee and the stray cat shuffle bwhahahahahahahaha
Hey. You stole my laugh, you big yankee.

Might have to drive north and line you up.

Lexington, KY

#166177 May 28, 2013
Dave isn't going to like his chubby man bride doing that.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Hey. You stole my laugh, you big yankee.

Might have to drive north and line you up.

Lexington, KY

#166178 May 28, 2013
How many head injuries did it take you to get like this?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, they are very easy to route march. Not so easy for them to march in any sort of precision, though. Too many random firing neurons.
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#166179 May 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your youthful and immature intellect is amusing.
Wrong on both counts again Dave.

It's blatantly obvious you don't have anything to share except the tired old doctrines that you were brainwashed into. Not one post of any factual information.

We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake.

Which is why a complete maroon like yourself has nothing of value to share. Like I said before - stay in church- it's where you belong.

A religious person is a dangerous person. He may not become a thief or a murderer, but he is liable to become a nuisance. He carries with him many foolish and harmful superstitions, and he is possessed with the notion that it is his duty to give these superstitions to others.

That is what makes trouble. Nothing is so worthless as superstition.

Violence has come to be regarded by ever larger sectors of the population - as a legitimate instrument, indeed as the only instrument to change reality and achieve progress and development.

This, to put it simply, is religious madness.
You should seek help but frankly I think you're beyond it.

You display a persistent sense of inadequacy, a tendency to self-diminishment, and excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation.Booze is probably the only refuge left.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#166180 May 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>

Goedemorgen, ik hoop dat je een leuk weekend! IK heb een "beeld" voor u ... uw Internet vriend ...
http://www.google.com/search ?

q=california+gold+weed&tbm =isch&tbo=u&source=uni v&sa=X&ei=j8ekUa64CsTu rQGOx4HgBQ&ved=0CDYQsAQ &biw=1130&bih=709

Enjoy!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#166181 May 28, 2013
Hi Imhotep, Als die link niet word probeer deze eens ... lol Interessante kleuren!

http://www.brobible.com/life/slideshow/the-co... .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Tony Rome 1,111,067
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 min Los Angeles 200,985
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 305,715
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 27,449
Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... 16 hr johnnyj 1
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••