Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,521 - 159,540 of 225,731 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you should be ashamed! mac
Okay.
Is striking a six-momth-old okay, or not?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
xianity is EVIL wrote:
atheism requiers no. belief,you silly
j <quoted text>
pay attention Bucko,,I know its hard for ya
Atheism requiers no belief ,I dont worship god,I dont believe in god,ergo atheist,,,
does some god exist,dunno.. ergo agnostic
btw
your god doesnt
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
spread the word
Atheist does to require a belief, the belief that deities don't exist.

Since that is NOT knowledge, it's belief, opinion, faith, trust, confidence, persuasion, credence, whatever you want to call it, it's not a fact that deities don't exist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.
Yes.

But if course, the "striking" but been done very gently.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.
NEVER, but there are possible cases that it could be necessary. I pushed the baby out the way of the speeding car.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
You mean like nerf batting the hell out of you?

dun nuh na nah dun nuh na nah POW! BLAM!

Batman!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and quite proud of it.
You should've paid more attention Mr. Nelson.
Cherry picking Einstein is always a mistake.
“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years:
"One strength of the Communist system ...is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
-Albert Einstein
I particularly like this one - taken from a letter Einstein wrote shortly before he died....
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."
Another feeble attempt to associate Einstein with religion
Shall I explain for you?
Let's let Einstein do the talking shall we
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein
"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein
"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein
And I saved the best for last... LOL
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein
How many religions and sects of them are there? A rather large variety, right? They even fight each other.

How many versions of atheism are there? Including the one claiming "science" as it basis.

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

You keep merrily marching on, now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> NEVER, but there are possible cases that it could be necessary. I pushed the baby out the way of the speeding car.
Ok, so which is it? "NEVER" or "when it's necessary"??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nerf batting the hell out of you is sometimes necessary./\;;/\:)
Ray

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nerf batting the hell out of you is sometimes necessary./\;;/\:)
lol your response is awesome.:)
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
lol you are hilarious. i like a lot of your jokes, and i mean that litterally. you are very right, the RCC has to answer for the pedophelia, and the muslims have to answer for 9/11. and by answer i mean they must account for the actions and properly deal with these issues. im not particularly religious, although i am a christian. im here because i find very reasonable complants about religions, and i want to better myself by challenging my world view. even if i discuss with passion, im still here to be friendly and just increase my knowledge. by the way, i tweeted that jesus joke, it was pretty funny.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

You can learn a lot here.

But some irreligious posters may pick on you and I would advise you just ignore them.

Whether we agree or not it's really not important.
We each learn something from the other.

And since you enjoy your like I do I think you'll find this one a classic get ready to tweet it!

Wilson's Nails

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

Need more? Here you go!

The drunk in the cathedral

A drunk staggered down the main street of the town. Somehow he managed to make it up the stairs to a cathedral and into the entrance, where he crashed from pew to pew, finally making his way to a side aisle and into a confessional.

A priest had observed all this, and figured the fellow needed some help, so he entered his side of the confessional. After the priest sat there in deathly silence, he finally asked, "May I help you, my son?"

"I dunno," came the drunk's voice from behind the partition. "You got any paper on your side?"

Yours in Christ - Allah willing - Shalom!
Ray

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
You can learn a lot here.
But some irreligious posters may pick on you and I would advise you just ignore them.
Whether we agree or not it's really not important.
We each learn something from the other.
And since you enjoy your like I do I think you'll find this one a classic get ready to tweet it!
Wilson's Nails
Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.
Need more? Here you go!
The drunk in the cathedral
A drunk staggered down the main street of the town. Somehow he managed to make it up the stairs to a cathedral and into the entrance, where he crashed from pew to pew, finally making his way to a side aisle and into a confessional.
A priest had observed all this, and figured the fellow needed some help, so he entered his side of the confessional. After the priest sat there in deathly silence, he finally asked, "May I help you, my son?"
"I dunno," came the drunk's voice from behind the partition. "You got any paper on your side?"
Yours in Christ - Allah willing - Shalom!
lmbo!!!!!!!! im dying! that is awesome! i havent laughed like this in a while.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you beat your wife anymore?
Do you have a wife anymore?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
What's the point of gently striking somebody?

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in performing a heart massage, maybe?
The redneck says he spanked a six-month-old to discipline him.

Give me a break.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you spanked a six-month-old to discipline him.

Own it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a wife anymore?
Hahahahaha.

Just the buttercups.

No pussywillows.

:)

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> NEVER, but there are possible cases that it could be necessary. I pushed the baby out the way of the speeding car.
That'd be a wee tad different...

But Redneck's lost his effing mind.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, RR is striking a six-month-old.

You don't want to risk killing a baby.

RR is very considerate.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, absent the speeding car - do you REALLY not get this?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than pour le sport?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••