Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#166125 May 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.
Do you think striking a six-month-old is appropriate?
Only in performing a heart massage, maybe?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#166126 May 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.
Do you think striking a six-month-old is appropriate?
Do you beat your wife anymore?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#166127 May 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in performing a heart massage, maybe?
CPR?

I'll buy that.

The Borderland of Sol

#166128 May 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Dave.

Bless your knotty little head - are you STILL trying?
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166129 May 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> And you , a topix atheist, sit naked on your throne,pecker in one hand , liverwurst sandwich in the other. Have you considered going to New Zealand?
you reveal more about Yourself then you realize Dumbo...LOL
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166130 May 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you ask

wanna watch?
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#166131 May 27, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you reveal more about Yourself then you realize Dumbo...LOL
Do tell , you insolent porcupine?
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166132 May 27, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
atheism requiers no. belief,you silly

j
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know that gods aren't real?
Huh... I thought that was your belief...
pay attention Bucko,,I know its hard for ya

Atheism requiers no belief ,I dont worship god,I dont believe in god,ergo atheist,,,

does some god exist,dunno.. ergo agnostic
btw
your god doesnt
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

spread the word
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166133 May 27, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Do tell , you insolent porcupine?
youre lonely masturbator without friends dreaming about some far away paradise..

your post is called a Projection,,google it LOLOLOLOL
Imhotep

Charlotte, NC

#166134 May 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods."
Albert Einstein
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38516.htm...
Topix atheists are marooned morons creating their own world from going stir crazy.
Ego is all they have.
I find you unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and quite proud of it.

You should've paid more attention Mr. Nelson.
Cherry picking Einstein is always a mistake.

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
Albert Einstein

- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years:
"One strength of the Communist system ...is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
-Albert Einstein

I particularly like this one - taken from a letter Einstein wrote shortly before he died....

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

Another feeble attempt to associate Einstein with religion

Shall I explain for you?

Let's let Einstein do the talking shall we

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein

"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein

And I saved the best for last... LOL

"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#166135 May 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, Clownie.
It's a direct response to that quarter-wit's post.
Tell me, do YOU think striking a six-month-old is appropriate?
you should be ashamed! mac

The Borderland of Sol

#166136 May 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you should be ashamed! mac
Okay.
Is striking a six-momth-old okay, or not?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#166138 May 27, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
xianity is EVIL wrote:
atheism requiers no. belief,you silly
j <quoted text>
pay attention Bucko,,I know its hard for ya
Atheism requiers no belief ,I dont worship god,I dont believe in god,ergo atheist,,,
does some god exist,dunno.. ergo agnostic
btw
your god doesnt
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
spread the word
Atheist does to require a belief, the belief that deities don't exist.

Since that is NOT knowledge, it's belief, opinion, faith, trust, confidence, persuasion, credence, whatever you want to call it, it's not a fact that deities don't exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#166139 May 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.
Yes.

But if course, the "striking" but been done very gently.

Location hidden

#166140 May 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.
NEVER, but there are possible cases that it could be necessary. I pushed the baby out the way of the speeding car.

Location hidden

#166141 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
But if course, the "striking" but been done very gently.
You mean like nerf batting the hell out of you?

dun nuh na nah dun nuh na nah POW! BLAM!

Batman!

Location hidden

#166142 May 27, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I find you unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and quite proud of it.
You should've paid more attention Mr. Nelson.
Cherry picking Einstein is always a mistake.
“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
Albert Einstein
- Albert Einstein, Out Of My Later Years:
"One strength of the Communist system ...is that it has some of the characteristics of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion."
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
-Albert Einstein
I particularly like this one - taken from a letter Einstein wrote shortly before he died....
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."
Another feeble attempt to associate Einstein with religion
Shall I explain for you?
Let's let Einstein do the talking shall we
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." ~Albert Einstein
"Thus I came...to a deep religiosity, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of 12. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached a conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true.... Suspicion against every kind of authority grew out of this experience...an attitude which has never left me." ~Albert Einstein
"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." ~Albert Einstein
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." ~Albert Einstein
And I saved the best for last... LOL
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
-Albert Einstein
How many religions and sects of them are there? A rather large variety, right? They even fight each other.

How many versions of atheism are there? Including the one claiming "science" as it basis.

-Albert Einstein

You keep merrily marching on, now.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#166143 May 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> NEVER, but there are possible cases that it could be necessary. I pushed the baby out the way of the speeding car.
Ok, so which is it? "NEVER" or "when it's necessary"??

Location hidden

#166144 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so which is it? "NEVER" or "when it's necessary"??
Nerf batting the hell out of you is sometimes necessary./\;;/\:)
Ray

Hightstown, NJ

#166146 May 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nerf batting the hell out of you is sometimes necessary./\;;/\:)
lol your response is awesome.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Kathwynn 307,075
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,155,834
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 4 hr best bet 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr Earthling-1 2,738
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin For Life 28,455
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 18 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 23 hr Bently 201,187
More from around the web