Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,481 - 159,500 of 224,019 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Imhotep

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Amazingly enough the theists just keep getting dumber.
<quoted text>
That's because they enter our forums with a holier than thou attitude.

These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!

What brings them to our forums to begin with?
You only have to read the nonsense that they post.

And what I find particularly hilarious...
They are perhaps the worst example of a Christian that any Christian church or congregation would want to claim.

They would actually have to attend Sunday preschool For remedial theology.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Are they?
To track down prey, avoid predators and find their way home in the dark, most bats depend on echolocation. They broadcast high-pitched sonar signals and listen for the echoes of sound waves bouncing off objects they’re looking for or obstacles in their path. Bats’ brains then process the auditory information within those echoes as visual maps.
Which gives some of them an advantage in night hunting.

Still not blind, nimrod.

You do know that one of the only two sub-orders of bats does NOT echolocate? And therefore relies on eyesight?

Sheesh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!
They are perhaps the worst example of a Christian that any Christian church or congregation would want to claim.
"These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!"

Your ability to form even a semi-rational thought would be proof any of those exist. I've known many asses that can carry on a more intelligent conversations than you.

Think you can do it?
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Which gives some of them an advantage in night hunting.
Still not blind, nimrod.
You do know that one of the only two sub-orders of bats does NOT echolocate? And therefore relies on eyesight?
Sheesh.
youd think they would google before claiming something...
quote wiki
Despite the tiny eyes and nocturnal lifestyle, none of the roughly 1,100 bat species is blind.
“All bats can see and all bats are sensitive to changing light levels because this is the main cue that they use to sense when it is (night time) and time to become active,” said Paul Faure, of McMaster University’s Bat Lab.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

MySe50 wrote:
Atheism requires as much faith as religion?
I don't know about that, but what I do know is too many times I've found both sides to be equally obnoxious in insisting others follow their beliefs.
I've had just as many atheists eager to preach at me and go into a frothroll about how there is no God, and I had better agree with them OR ELSE! Then I walk down the street and get the same thing in revese--i.e. someone in my face insisting God exists and I'd better agree with them OR ELSE!
To me they're two sides of the same coin--one's a bible thumper and the other is just an un-bible thumper. They're rude either way and I have yet to ever say, "Oh okay, I'll follow along like a good little sheeple and agree with you, just because you say I should."
atheism requiers no. belief,you silly,

I have never met any atheist trying to preach to me atheism,and rude one at that..
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!"
Your ability to form even a semi-rational thought would be proof any of those exist.

I've known many asses that can carry on a more intelligent conversations than you.
I guess it takes one to know one,eh?

LOL
Imhotep

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ability to form even a semi-rational thought would be proof any of those exist. I've known many asses that can carry on a more intelligent conversations than you.
Think you can do it?
Jesus walks into a hotel, tosses three nails on the front desk and says, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've laughed at you before.

Yeah I just remembered...

We know you are tired of being hassled by you're unreasonable parents.
Now is the time for action!
Move out and pay your own way while you still know everything!

Ray

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
you know,, its sad, but you are mostly right. most christians that come here have one of three attitudes. they want to argue, they have some kind of misguided feeling of rightiousness that makes them want to convert you, or they legit want to test their mettle. i happen to be a combo of the first and the last. lol
Ray

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

im new to this particular discussion and so ill make my point breif. i dont particularly believe that atheism takes more faith than theism. what i do believe is that like any thought system, one hits a philosophical foundation that often times requires faith in one form or another. so i would say that belief and non belief have a fairly equal level of faith in the mix. i can support that more if someone would like.
Imhotep

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
you know,, its sad, but you are mostly right. most christians that come here have one of three attitudes. they want to argue, they have some kind of misguided feeling of rightiousness that makes them want to convert you, or they legit want to test their mettle. i happen to be a combo of the first and the last. lol
Welcome to the forum Ray!

I am a Secular humanist.
My parents and most of my family were not religious. Religion seldom came up in conversation - And when did it was usually in a card game when Someone had a bad hand and mentioned 'God' as a expletive. ;)

After 911 things changed worldwide...
Not to mention the RCC's pedophilia problems, Again worldwide.

I live my life so that when my feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders, cowers in fear and says "OH For Christ's sake... he's awake!"

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>emotions aren't considered rational.
Spock?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youd think they would google before claiming something...
quote wiki
Despite the tiny eyes and nocturnal lifestyle, none of the roughly 1,100 bat species is blind.
“All bats can see and all bats are sensitive to changing light levels because this is the main cue that they use to sense when it is (night time) and time to become active,” said Paul Faure, of McMaster University’s Bat Lab.
Strange, innit?

Or perhaps not so much.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that is consistent about theists that come in here, is that when they find out they've been following a myth all their lives...

...instead of admitting it and using the knowledge wisely, they CHOOSE to Lie, Attack, Slander, Belittle, Propogandise.

Its the only characteristic they seem to consistently show - dishonesty.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Amazingly enough the theists just keep getting dumber.
<quoted text>
And you , a topix atheist, sit naked on your throne,pecker in one hand , liverwurst sandwich in the other. Have you considered going to New Zealand?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that is consistent about theists that come in here, is that when they find out they've been following a myth all their lives...
...instead of admitting it and using the knowledge wisely, they CHOOSE to Lie, Attack, Slander, Belittle, Propogandise.
Its the only characteristic they seem to consistently show - dishonesty.
I woke up a little constipated and grumpy, and then read this post by you. The chuckle relieved my constipation. Looks like a beautiful day out there now.

I know it isn't considered good form to laugh at the mentally disturbed, but the Creator does work in mysterious ways.

Thank you for your contribution to society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods."

Albert Einstein

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38516.htm...

Topix atheists are marooned morons creating their own world from going stir crazy.

Ego is all they have.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are probably very experienced at such. Quite a talent you have there.
Thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>What else is new? Clearly you missed the boat to "Intelligence Land".
Yeah.

I guess.
harpocrates

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you remain engaged in a courageous battle with literacy albeit profoundly challenged by fact, reality, reason and common sense.
Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum !
ah how well you recognize self. you know the old adage? it takes one to know one?

unlike you, i'm not asking you join yorself to any organization

your bias was projected in your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines with the terms religious nonsense and imaginary friend.

imhotep quote "1>Humanism respects all life." obviously not in your case; which negates anything you don't agree with; especially things that might be theistic.

imhotep quote "2>It has no bias based on religious nonsense." religious isn't exclusive to theism. it is basically doctrinal and can be sectarian in relation to a party, cult, person, or movement.

imhotep quote "3>It has created no laws based on religious nonsense" this is religious because it claims exclusivity; which is religious or cult like.

imhotep quote "4>It affirms decent human behavior without the need of an imaginary friend." decent isn't a term usually used by those who hold respect for someone who won't ape their every action, belief, or linguistic acrobatics.

you're a proselytizer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,079,011
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min Forum 305,076
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••