Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#166067 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
When have I said I was a topix atheist? You're going to have to dig that post up Dave.
Now I am an atheist because I see there is no observable evidence whatsoever for the theist's claim of a god.
Dave certainly I would out score you on an IQ test or a scored debate.... Easily.
We can see this by your inability to answer my question, let alone factually prove me wrong on anything.
<quoted text>
Poor GML. His view on the world is so far back in that cave he can't see nothing unless it walks in.

Your first sentence makes you a Topix atheist. If you can't see it, it don't exist.

However, those with more developed minds have an awareness that goes beyond the visible, and can understand the intricacies of creations. Which then leads to us being creations. You are stuck on our just popping into existence.

I would have no problem getting into MENSA. Several tests over the years makes that door wide open to me.

I have not been trained in formal debate. That is something for kids to play with. If you didn't understand my point, and such caused me a problem, I would just remove you and keep moving on. I am an evolved man.

Poopsie, start barking one yip per second. In over 220 years, if you don't get real hoarse, you would have yipped for each person alive in the world today. That is a lot of people. Very few of whom that are impressed with your talents, or have reason to believe you know a damned thing. For one, they are busy with their own lives, and base it upon their own perceptions.

It is funny about Topix atheists. They think a formal education equals intelligence and wisdom. Not so unless they are used to further learning. Otherwise, they are just trying to buy the stairway to heaven. Even though they believe their passing poop will leave some mark on mankind and make it better. It won't happen, the shoes will return it to the dust.

Does it bother you knowing that one, at the least, of those poor Filipinos you help has more on the mental ball than you do?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#166068 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Topix atheist. Dumb and proud of it, and eager to show it off.

Hey, Peewee, do you know what the difference between you and a redneck plumber is?

His knowledge is more useful than what you know, and people listen to him. He is much more important to society than you.

But that won't stop your incessant yapping.
I missed the punch line.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#166069 May 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor GML. His view on the world is so far back in that cave he can't see nothing unless it walks in.
Your first sentence makes you a Topix atheist. If you can't see it, it don't exist.
However, those with more developed minds have an awareness that goes beyond the visible, and can understand the intricacies of creations. Which then leads to us being creations. You are stuck on our just popping into existence.
I would have no problem getting into MENSA. Several tests over the years makes that door wide open to me.
I have not been trained in formal debate. That is something for kids to play with. If you didn't understand my point, and such caused me a problem, I would just remove you and keep moving on. I am an evolved man.
Poopsie, start barking one yip per second. In over 220 years, if you don't get real hoarse, you would have yipped for each person alive in the world today. That is a lot of people. Very few of whom that are impressed with your talents, or have reason to believe you know a damned thing. For one, they are busy with their own lives, and base it upon their own perceptions.
It is funny about Topix atheists. They think a formal education equals intelligence and wisdom. Not so unless they are used to further learning. Otherwise, they are just trying to buy the stairway to heaven. Even though they believe their passing poop will leave some mark on mankind and make it better. It won't happen, the shoes will return it to the dust.
Does it bother you knowing that one, at the least, of those poor Filipinos you help has more on the mental ball than you do?
How I wish I could experience life through your eyes for just a moment.

Location hidden

#166070 May 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We should urge Dave not to play around with dangerous machinery, especially the wood chippers and Bush hogs.
But truly anything sharp and pointy , we wouldn't want to have to clean him up from all over everything.
One of the criteria for me buying this place is the lack of trees in the yard. Thus no more need for chainsaws, wood chippers, and bush hogs.

BTW, sharp tools cause less accidents than dull tools. A few moments putting an edge on something can preclude months, years, or a lifetime wishing you had.

However, Old Dave is getting wiser and more selective assessing the risks in what he thinks just has to be done.

Location hidden

#166071 May 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the punch line.
You are probably very experienced at such. Quite a talent you have there.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#166077 May 26, 2013
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Bats are blind...
They are?
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

#166078 May 26, 2013
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>So, are you in mourning. Will you marry a rat now and keep your dead hamster wife in a cage?
I refuse to argue with complete idiots.
They attempt to reduce me to their level then - Beat me with experience.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166081 May 26, 2013
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>That would be called masochism and would require you to beat yourself.
Try something original and don't steal stuff that 'I" created.
Your mom wanted a girl, so she beat you until there was nothing there.
When your dad saw you peeing sitting down, he looked down and said "that's my girl".
projection no doubt

is that why you like dressing up as a girl Chunkyboy!?

the name change doesnt fool anyone,,LOLLOL

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#166082 May 26, 2013
Did someone hit the communion wine a bit too hard today? Try this again in English okay?

Thanks
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Found it. post#166064
I think you are confused. An IQ test is not a measure of how many your got wrong.......and not answering you is a sign of your inability to create something that needs to be challenged.

Honestly GML, I can not recall a single post of yours, other than this one I am posting in regards to. You see, you are forgettable.

Lexington, KY

#166083 May 26, 2013
Sorry Dave your nursing home edition readers digest insults only make yourself look lame.

You seem to think that age and head injuries automatically make what you have to say correct or meaningful. When you are able to present facts backing them up you have a case. When you don't have the facts you don't and end up just another dithering old fool.

Again I would certainly outscore you on an IQ test. For example...

You use the term topix atheists but are unable to demonstrate that this so called topix atheist even exists. I am not a topix atheist and have never identified myself as such. Do you mean atheists that post on topix by chance? Even then many of us are night and day different on many positions so even then your rants about topix atheists doesn't really make sense.

You seem to have problems even being coherent Dave. Work on that first okay old timer?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Poor GML. His view on the world is so far back in that cave he can't see nothing unless it walks in.

Lexington, KY

#166084 May 26, 2013
Bats are not blind you non English speaking reject!

Wow... Just wow...
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Bats are blind, so you would still be unable to see.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

#166085 May 26, 2013
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>That would be called masochism and would require you to beat yourself.
Try something original and don't steal stuff that 'I" created.
Your mom wanted a girl, so she beat you until there was nothing there.
When your dad saw you peeing sitting down, he looked down and said "that's my girl".
On a scale of 10 - I give it you a 2
because I've never seen a 1.

The vocabulary of a common swine - a little narcissistic juvenile that's thinks she is cute.

Yes indeed you are clearly defined.

“A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.”
— Charles B. Rogers

I find you unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and apparently quite proud of it.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

#166086 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bats are not blind you non English speaking reject!
Wow... Just wow...
<quoted text>
It's not her fault she studied from the encyclopedia Moronica.
MySe50

Orange, CA

#166087 May 26, 2013

I don't know about that, but what I do know is too many times I've found both sides to be equally obnoxious in insisting others follow their beliefs.

I've had just as many atheists eager to preach at me and go into a frothroll about how there is no God, and I had better agree with them OR ELSE! Then I walk down the street and get the same thing in revese--i.e. someone in my face insisting God exists and I'd better agree with them OR ELSE!

To me they're two sides of the same coin--one's a bible thumper and the other is just an un-bible thumper. They're rude either way and I have yet to ever say, "Oh okay, I'll follow along like a good little sheeple and agree with you, just because you say I should."

Lexington, KY

#166088 May 26, 2013
Amazingly enough the theists just keep getting dumber.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>It's not her fault she studied from the encyclopedia Moronica.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

#166089 May 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Amazingly enough the theists just keep getting dumber.
<quoted text>
That's because they enter our forums with a holier than thou attitude.

These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!

What brings them to our forums to begin with?
You only have to read the nonsense that they post.

And what I find particularly hilarious...
They are perhaps the worst example of a Christian that any Christian church or congregation would want to claim.

They would actually have to attend Sunday preschool For remedial theology.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#166090 May 26, 2013
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Are they?
To track down prey, avoid predators and find their way home in the dark, most bats depend on echolocation. They broadcast high-pitched sonar signals and listen for the echoes of sound waves bouncing off objects they’re looking for or obstacles in their path. Bats’ brains then process the auditory information within those echoes as visual maps.
Which gives some of them an advantage in night hunting.

Still not blind, nimrod.

You do know that one of the only two sub-orders of bats does NOT echolocate? And therefore relies on eyesight?

Sheesh.

Location hidden

#166091 May 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because they enter our forums with a holier than thou attitude.
These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!
What brings them to our forums to begin with?
You only have to read the nonsense that they post.
And what I find particularly hilarious...
They are perhaps the worst example of a Christian that any Christian church or congregation would want to claim.
They would actually have to attend Sunday preschool For remedial theology.
"These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!"

Your ability to form even a semi-rational thought would be proof any of those exist. I've known many asses that can carry on a more intelligent conversations than you.

Think you can do it?
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166092 May 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Which gives some of them an advantage in night hunting.
Still not blind, nimrod.
You do know that one of the only two sub-orders of bats does NOT echolocate? And therefore relies on eyesight?
Sheesh.
youd think they would google before claiming something...
quote wiki
Despite the tiny eyes and nocturnal lifestyle, none of the roughly 1,100 bat species is blind.
“All bats can see and all bats are sensitive to changing light levels because this is the main cue that they use to sense when it is (night time) and time to become active,” said Paul Faure, of McMaster University’s Bat Lab.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#166093 May 26, 2013
MySe50 wrote:
I don't know about that, but what I do know is too many times I've found both sides to be equally obnoxious in insisting others follow their beliefs.
I've had just as many atheists eager to preach at me and go into a frothroll about how there is no God, and I had better agree with them OR ELSE! Then I walk down the street and get the same thing in revese--i.e. someone in my face insisting God exists and I'd better agree with them OR ELSE!
To me they're two sides of the same coin--one's a bible thumper and the other is just an un-bible thumper. They're rude either way and I have yet to ever say, "Oh okay, I'll follow along like a good little sheeple and agree with you, just because you say I should."
atheism requiers no. belief,you silly,

I have never met any atheist trying to preach to me atheism,and rude one at that..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min EasyEed 1,129,654
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 36 min Pearl Jam 306,370
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin Nation 27,982
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr PieceMaker 500
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr SpaceBlues 1,625
loan needed (Dec '13) Thu Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE