Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,461 - 159,480 of 225,661 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Well Senile Dave for all your Grandpa Simpson like rambling I notice you were unable to answer my question....
Oh... the rambling was your way of trying to change the subject because your facts couldn't win out.
<quoted text>
Perhaps your questions are as inconsequential to my existence as you are?

Yip yip yap yap. Squirt.

Luckily Topix is self cleaning. Your expressions of self fade away in a while.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

When have I said I was a topix atheist? You're going to have to dig that post up Dave.

Now I am an atheist because I see there is no observable evidence whatsoever for the theist's claim of a god.

Dave certainly I would out score you on an IQ test or a scored debate.... Easily.

We can see this by your inability to answer my question, let alone factually prove me wrong on anything.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Topix atheist. Dumb and proud of it, and eager to show it off.

Hey, Peewee, do you know what the difference between you and a redneck plumber is?

His knowledge is more useful than what you know, and people listen to him. He is much more important to society than you.

But that won't stop your incessant yapping.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

That's a funny way of saying I have stumped you.

Banged your head into anything lately Dave?:))
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps your questions are as inconsequential to my existence as you are?

Yip yip yap yap. Squirt.

Luckily Topix is self cleaning. Your expressions of self fade away in a while.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'm just lucky I don't smoke or use that sort of machinery.
We should urge Dave not to play around with dangerous machinery, especially the wood chippers and Bush hogs.
But truly anything sharp and pointy , we wouldn't want to have to clean him up from all over everything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
When have I said I was a topix atheist? You're going to have to dig that post up Dave.
Now I am an atheist because I see there is no observable evidence whatsoever for the theist's claim of a god.
Dave certainly I would out score you on an IQ test or a scored debate.... Easily.
We can see this by your inability to answer my question, let alone factually prove me wrong on anything.
<quoted text>
Poor GML. His view on the world is so far back in that cave he can't see nothing unless it walks in.

Your first sentence makes you a Topix atheist. If you can't see it, it don't exist.

However, those with more developed minds have an awareness that goes beyond the visible, and can understand the intricacies of creations. Which then leads to us being creations. You are stuck on our just popping into existence.

I would have no problem getting into MENSA. Several tests over the years makes that door wide open to me.

I have not been trained in formal debate. That is something for kids to play with. If you didn't understand my point, and such caused me a problem, I would just remove you and keep moving on. I am an evolved man.

Poopsie, start barking one yip per second. In over 220 years, if you don't get real hoarse, you would have yipped for each person alive in the world today. That is a lot of people. Very few of whom that are impressed with your talents, or have reason to believe you know a damned thing. For one, they are busy with their own lives, and base it upon their own perceptions.

It is funny about Topix atheists. They think a formal education equals intelligence and wisdom. Not so unless they are used to further learning. Otherwise, they are just trying to buy the stairway to heaven. Even though they believe their passing poop will leave some mark on mankind and make it better. It won't happen, the shoes will return it to the dust.

Does it bother you knowing that one, at the least, of those poor Filipinos you help has more on the mental ball than you do?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Topix atheist. Dumb and proud of it, and eager to show it off.

Hey, Peewee, do you know what the difference between you and a redneck plumber is?

His knowledge is more useful than what you know, and people listen to him. He is much more important to society than you.

But that won't stop your incessant yapping.
I missed the punch line.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor GML. His view on the world is so far back in that cave he can't see nothing unless it walks in.
Your first sentence makes you a Topix atheist. If you can't see it, it don't exist.
However, those with more developed minds have an awareness that goes beyond the visible, and can understand the intricacies of creations. Which then leads to us being creations. You are stuck on our just popping into existence.
I would have no problem getting into MENSA. Several tests over the years makes that door wide open to me.
I have not been trained in formal debate. That is something for kids to play with. If you didn't understand my point, and such caused me a problem, I would just remove you and keep moving on. I am an evolved man.
Poopsie, start barking one yip per second. In over 220 years, if you don't get real hoarse, you would have yipped for each person alive in the world today. That is a lot of people. Very few of whom that are impressed with your talents, or have reason to believe you know a damned thing. For one, they are busy with their own lives, and base it upon their own perceptions.
It is funny about Topix atheists. They think a formal education equals intelligence and wisdom. Not so unless they are used to further learning. Otherwise, they are just trying to buy the stairway to heaven. Even though they believe their passing poop will leave some mark on mankind and make it better. It won't happen, the shoes will return it to the dust.
Does it bother you knowing that one, at the least, of those poor Filipinos you help has more on the mental ball than you do?
How I wish I could experience life through your eyes for just a moment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We should urge Dave not to play around with dangerous machinery, especially the wood chippers and Bush hogs.
But truly anything sharp and pointy , we wouldn't want to have to clean him up from all over everything.
One of the criteria for me buying this place is the lack of trees in the yard. Thus no more need for chainsaws, wood chippers, and bush hogs.

BTW, sharp tools cause less accidents than dull tools. A few moments putting an edge on something can preclude months, years, or a lifetime wishing you had.

However, Old Dave is getting wiser and more selective assessing the risks in what he thinks just has to be done.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the punch line.
You are probably very experienced at such. Quite a talent you have there.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Bats are blind...
They are?
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>So, are you in mourning. Will you marry a rat now and keep your dead hamster wife in a cage?
I refuse to argue with complete idiots.
They attempt to reduce me to their level then - Beat me with experience.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>That would be called masochism and would require you to beat yourself.
Try something original and don't steal stuff that 'I" created.
Your mom wanted a girl, so she beat you until there was nothing there.
When your dad saw you peeing sitting down, he looked down and said "that's my girl".
projection no doubt

is that why you like dressing up as a girl Chunkyboy!?

the name change doesnt fool anyone,,LOLLOL

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Did someone hit the communion wine a bit too hard today? Try this again in English okay?

Thanks
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Found it. post#166064
I think you are confused. An IQ test is not a measure of how many your got wrong.......and not answering you is a sign of your inability to create something that needs to be challenged.

Honestly GML, I can not recall a single post of yours, other than this one I am posting in regards to. You see, you are forgettable.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Sorry Dave your nursing home edition readers digest insults only make yourself look lame.

You seem to think that age and head injuries automatically make what you have to say correct or meaningful. When you are able to present facts backing them up you have a case. When you don't have the facts you don't and end up just another dithering old fool.

Again I would certainly outscore you on an IQ test. For example...

You use the term topix atheists but are unable to demonstrate that this so called topix atheist even exists. I am not a topix atheist and have never identified myself as such. Do you mean atheists that post on topix by chance? Even then many of us are night and day different on many positions so even then your rants about topix atheists doesn't really make sense.

You seem to have problems even being coherent Dave. Work on that first okay old timer?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Poor GML. His view on the world is so far back in that cave he can't see nothing unless it walks in.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Bats are not blind you non English speaking reject!

Wow... Just wow...
End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>Bats are blind, so you would still be unable to see.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

End of Times wrote:
<quoted text>That would be called masochism and would require you to beat yourself.
Try something original and don't steal stuff that 'I" created.
Your mom wanted a girl, so she beat you until there was nothing there.
When your dad saw you peeing sitting down, he looked down and said "that's my girl".
On a scale of 10 - I give it you a 2
because I've never seen a 1.

The vocabulary of a common swine - a little narcissistic juvenile that's thinks she is cute.

Yes indeed you are clearly defined.

A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.
Charles B. Rogers

I find you unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and apparently quite proud of it.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Bats are not blind you non English speaking reject!
Wow... Just wow...
<quoted text>
It's not her fault she studied from the encyclopedia Moronica.
MySe50

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

I don't know about that, but what I do know is too many times I've found both sides to be equally obnoxious in insisting others follow their beliefs.

I've had just as many atheists eager to preach at me and go into a frothroll about how there is no God, and I had better agree with them OR ELSE! Then I walk down the street and get the same thing in revese--i.e. someone in my face insisting God exists and I'd better agree with them OR ELSE!

To me they're two sides of the same coin--one's a bible thumper and the other is just an un-bible thumper. They're rude either way and I have yet to ever say, "Oh okay, I'll follow along like a good little sheeple and agree with you, just because you say I should."

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Amazingly enough the theists just keep getting dumber.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>It's not her fault she studied from the encyclopedia Moronica.
Imhotep

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Amazingly enough the theists just keep getting dumber.
<quoted text>
That's because they enter our forums with a holier than thou attitude.

These are people that believe snakes talk donkeys talk, wizards, angels, witches and devils you name it...exist!

What brings them to our forums to begin with?
You only have to read the nonsense that they post.

And what I find particularly hilarious...
They are perhaps the worst example of a Christian that any Christian church or congregation would want to claim.

They would actually have to attend Sunday preschool For remedial theology.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min PDUPONT 1,096,126
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Pearl Jam 305,390
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Bruin For Life 26,971
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••