Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,341 - 159,360 of 224,357 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Not really is being very kind. There are Christian churches that believe and teach doctrines that are night and day different.
<quoted text>
Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.

More liberal christians will think that they are all the same. Of course it doesnt add up, cause you would think the same God would give a consistent message. As I pointed out to Muq, it is within the power of an all powerful God, to implant the same gospel message to everyone across every time and place, so everyone could understand clearly what is the correct religion. As this doesnt happen is proof of God being imaginary.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you call them 'sects'?

Have you ever bothered to really find out why there are so many?

The statistic of Christian denominations takes into consideration cultural distinctions of denominations in different countries, so there is overlapping of many denominations. Although many of the are exactly the same, they still wanna be unique. I don't know why.

There are really only three basic types of Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox. All the other 41,000-ish are offshoots of those three and have the same basic core beliefs.
And radically different peripheral beliefs.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I agree. Most try to make god fit their existing lifestyles and prejudices.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Not really is being very kind. There are Christian churches that believe and teach doctrines that are night and day different.
<quoted text>

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep lying about god with out presenting any evidence.
When asked for evidence, you attack atheists and scientists instead of manning up and admitting that you're a dishonest, wholly innefective liar here to spread your ignorant hate-cult.
OMG dude, what is wrong with you?

I've honestly told you that I cannot provide evidence of God to you, only God can do that.

Yet you incessantly call me a liar...

Are you ok?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Thinking wrote:
So why is your all powerful god supposedly so obsessed with bottoms?
<quoted text>
What?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

spudgun wrote:

Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.
Who? What sects? What churches? What fundies?

Provide evidence for that claim.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Exactly and well said! If a god existed and cared he would not allow his followers to stray down the wrong path let alone thousands of wrong paths!

In the bible he felt the need to step in when people are shrimp but not for Christianity alone breaking up into thousands of different denominations!? Lol!
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.

More liberal christians will think that they are all the same. Of course it doesnt add up, cause you would think the same God would give a consistent message. As I pointed out to Muq, it is within the power of an all powerful God, to implant the same gospel message to everyone across every time and place, so everyone could understand clearly what is the correct religion. As this doesnt happen is proof of God being imaginary.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Certainly and many churches are night and day different from others. About the only thing they have in common is believing in Jesus.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Most try to make god fit their existing lifestyles and prejudices.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

And when done you cower away like a chump. Learn to google you ignorant c@cks@cker. Best get back to digging those ditches, that's more your speed.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Who? What sects? What churches? What fundies?

Provide evidence for that claim.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They didn't charge for those.
Yeah, the "patients" weren't charged. The money came from somewhere though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the "patients" weren't charged. The money came from somewhere though.
Tithes, donations, concerts, car washes, etc. They employ MANY types of fundraisers.

They gotta pay the bills somehow...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
And when done you cower away like a chump. Learn to google you ignorant c@cks@cker. Best get back to digging those ditches, that's more your speed.
<quoted text>
Tower away? What do you mean tower away?

I'm so sorry, your highness, that I didn't respond to you immediately and at the time of your choosing...

What the hell difference does it make if I respond to you in two seconds or two days?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
not necessarily. It could indicate a very inefficient or a sadistic God. or even an amoral one like a cat playing without a mouse - maybe unaware of the suffering it caused.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

I just started two threads - one about the god that is, and one about the god that definately is not. The others are all iffy, I think, though I do not believe in any of them.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Religion is ones personal choice, So therefore I can't give you a truthful response. But in my opinion anyone who takes time to focus their beliefs is a religion in itself :)

visit my blog:http://tinyurl.com/nmzfkn 7
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Why would an all powerful god be concerned about gay sex of a lower species? Is god hoping his mum doesn't see him crack one out?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

It must be because heaven is a big sausage fest. Not a single female angel in the bible... Think about it.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Why would an all powerful god be concerned about gay sex of a lower species? Is god hoping his mum doesn't see him crack one out?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

It says cower... Wow you are really desperate. Or are you seeing things wrong through your tears? No shame in you once again being stumped by your betters.

It happens all the time.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Tower away? What do you mean tower away?

I'm so sorry, your highness, that I didn't respond to you immediately and at the time of your choosing...

What the hell difference does it make if I respond to you in two seconds or two days?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
It must be because heaven is a big sausage fest. Not a single female angel in the bible... Think about it.
<quoted text>
Angels are sexless. I take it they are considered both or none. Maybe they're hermaphrodites?
White Trash Ho hater

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Christianity is based on death. It promises us eternal life in heaven, and reduces it's adherents to a bunch of forlock-tugging, self-pitying people who believe that they are "unworthy" because of their inherent sinfulness.
This philosophy completely overshadows the enjoyment of life.
What else does it do? It opresses women and denies them equality with men, it persecutes homosexuals and it terrifies little children like Curtis Lowe.
Wait a minute - there's more: It represses scientific research and promotes superstition and the worship of an imaginary god while all the time, condemning mortal man.
It's time that religion was kicked out of the public square and back where it belongs - in the minds of the ignorant and gullible.
try as much you want you possessed demon... Religion will never go away or be pushed to the side for freaks like you. Talk about intolerance your bunch of wackos are a bunch of cry babies and only want ppl to believe the way you all do. That will neverrrrrrrr happen hahaha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Flacks News 1,081,727
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 26,681
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr martinferrys 305,127
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... 21 hr engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Sat Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Jul 24 Dana McCarty 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••