Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,321 - 159,340 of 226,389 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165915 May 23, 2013
My background is mathematics and statistics.

In just a few years of posting here I saw the number of christian sects rise from ~38,000 to ~41,000.

You must admit that is an extraordinary increase in a religion that is around two millennia old.

If you're at 43,000 sects now, and your religion's fracturing is accelerating, you may well break 60,000 sects long before 2030.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO! It seems as though you just learned to google.
For days you've been crying about the "60,000" versions of Christianity.
Now it's "43,000".....
HA HA HA !!!!
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165916 May 23, 2013
I guess it only depends on whether the chocolate was mixed by waterfall.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>How do you figure that?
And even if it were true, why would I care?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165917 May 23, 2013
Link?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Its about 3% spent on court and you ignore the 88% that they spend on people....

Lexington, KY

#165918 May 23, 2013
I hate nobody thanks. Sorry you were the one who made the racial slur like a bigot not me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're an assumptive, bigoted bastard like my grandpa was. He hated all black people for no reason other than they were black. He knew none of them, but presumed to know them all.

For your information, I did not vote for Bush.

Lexington, KY

#165919 May 23, 2013
I notice you cowered away from my question. If Jesus existed and cared shouldn't there only be one? Instead of thousands of Christian denominations all with different teachings and requirements shouldn't he allow just one?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>LMMFAO! It seems as though you just learned to google.

For days you've been crying about the "60,000" versions of Christianity.

Now it's "43,000".....

HA HA HA !!!!

Lexington, KY

#165920 May 23, 2013
Link?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The RCC (JUST the RCC) did more than that....

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165921 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Link?
Zelda?

Location hidden

#165922 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I notice you cowered away from my question. If Jesus existed and cared shouldn't there only be one? Instead of thousands of Christian denominations all with different teachings and requirements shouldn't he allow just one?
<quoted text>
If there was only one, then the atheist idea that there is no free will would be true.

But since there are so many different forms of Christianity (amongst other religions and non-religions), that shoots out your idea, now doesn't it?

Lexington, KY

#165923 May 23, 2013
I accept your surrender.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Zelda?

Location hidden

#165924 May 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
My background is mathematics and statistics.
In just a few years of posting here I saw the number of christian sects rise from ~38,000 to ~41,000.
You must admit that is an extraordinary increase in a religion that is around two millennia old.
If you're at 43,000 sects now, and your religion's fracturing is accelerating, you may well break 60,000 sects long before 2030.
<quoted text>
Why do you call them 'sects'?

Have you ever bothered to really find out why there are so many?

The statistic of Christian denominations takes into consideration cultural distinctions of denominations in different countries, so there is overlapping of many denominations. Although many of the are exactly the same, they still wanna be unique. I don't know why.

There are really only three basic types of Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox. All the other 41,000-ish are offshoots of those three and have the same basic core beliefs.

Location hidden

#165925 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I accept your surrender.
<quoted text>
Seriously?

Because I didn't repost the link I just gave you yesterday, 2 whole pages ago? Is your ADD that bad?

Ok, here(again):

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...

Lexington, KY

#165926 May 23, 2013
No it would show a solidarity and unity on the so called Christian beliefs and path to heaven.

What with there being thousands of Christian denominations alone and each one claiming they and they alone have it right it creates mass confusion so badly it's hilarious. It would be like if we had thousands of theories of gravity.

The bible says god sent these prophets and performed magic tricks oops miracles to clearly demonstrate the proper way and keep his people on the right path. Even for minor variations god throws a fit. Yet now we have thousands of Christian denominations alone and all of them teaching much different things from each other and god shrugs his shoulders and allows it?

If so he either doesn't exist, doesn't care about billions choosing the wrong christian denomination or the bible lied.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If there was only one, then the atheist idea that there is no free will would be true.

But since there are so many different forms of Christianity (amongst other religions and non-religions), that shoots out your idea, now doesn't it?

Location hidden

#165927 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No it would show a solidarity and unity on the so called Christian beliefs and path to heaven.
What with there being thousands of Christian denominations alone and each one claiming they and they alone have it right it creates mass confusion so badly it's hilarious. It would be like if we had thousands of theories of gravity.
The bible says god sent these prophets and performed magic tricks oops miracles to clearly demonstrate the proper way and keep his people on the right path. Even for minor variations god throws a fit. Yet now we have thousands of Christian denominations alone and all of them teaching much different things from each other and god shrugs his shoulders and allows it?
If so he either doesn't exist, doesn't care about billions choosing the wrong christian denomination or the bible lied.
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I think that God wouldn't care if there's three or 300 or 3 million different denominations, so long as we worship Him I think He be happy. That's what He wants, and that's what He's getting.

What's the problem?

Lexington, KY

#165928 May 23, 2013
In that case you have never read the bible. Start there ditch digger, you are so ignorant.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, but I think that God wouldn't care if there's three or 300 or 3 million different denominations, so long as we worship Him I think He be happy. That's what He wants, and that's what He's getting.

What's the problem?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165929 May 24, 2013
Not really.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call them 'sects'?
The statistic of Christian denominations takes into consideration cultural distinctions of denominations in different countries, so there is overlapping of many denominations. Although many of the are exactly the same, they still wanna be unique. I don't know why.
There are really only three basic types of Christian, Roman Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox. All the other 41,000-ish are offshoots of those three and have the same basic core beliefs.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165930 May 24, 2013
So why is your all powerful god supposedly so obsessed with bottoms?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I think that God wouldn't care if there's three or 300 or 3 million different denominations, so long as we worship Him I think He be happy. That's what He wants, and that's what He's getting.
What's the problem?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165931 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem?
You keep lying about god with out presenting any evidence.

When asked for evidence, you attack atheists and scientists instead of manning up and admitting that you're a dishonest, wholly innefective liar here to spread your ignorant hate-cult.

Lexington, KY

#165932 May 24, 2013
Not really is being very kind. There are Christian churches that believe and teach doctrines that are night and day different.
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Not really.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#165933 May 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Not really is being very kind. There are Christian churches that believe and teach doctrines that are night and day different.
<quoted text>
Agree. Hence fundies will think that christians in other churches will go to hell.

More liberal christians will think that they are all the same. Of course it doesnt add up, cause you would think the same God would give a consistent message. As I pointed out to Muq, it is within the power of an all powerful God, to implant the same gospel message to everyone across every time and place, so everyone could understand clearly what is the correct religion. As this doesnt happen is proof of God being imaginary.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#165934 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you call them 'sects'?

And radically different peripheral beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min GOP R Idiots 1,100,503
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 49 min PEE PEE PETE 27,087
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 305,456
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••