Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#165902 May 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof - address the point you stupid f*ck.
Now run away creationist, and come back when nobody's looking to spam your sh*t all over again and get embarrassed once again, making more atheists.
"...address the point you stupid f*ck."

In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the Troll uttering the phrases.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165903 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a little off, it's $170 billion in total, it's "only" $73 billion they spend on health care....
The expenditure of the [Roman Catholic] Church is estimated as $170 billion in 2010. Of this, 57% was spent on health-care networks, 28% on colleges and universities, 6% on dioceses, parishes and schools, and 2.7% on charitable activities.
http://www.banneroftruth.org/pages/articles/a...
http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx...
===
Now that's just the RCC, which is roughly half of Christianity.....
Wanna combine ALL of Christianity?
Wanna name one single atheist group that donates $73 BILLION dollars?
No?
Imagine that.
Are mother teresa brand "lie on the ground while we talk about jesus 'til you die" services included in 'health care?'

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165905 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So 43,000 different Christian religions all claiming they and only they have it right is fine? It seems if Jesus was real and cared there should only be 1.
Learn to google.
<quoted text>
LMMFAO! It seems as though you just learned to google.

For days you've been crying about the "60,000" versions of Christianity.

Now it's "43,000".....

HA HA HA !!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165906 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Racist bigot right wingers like you tend to gravitate towards the likes of Bush.
So you voted against him?
The overwhelming majority of Bush's backers were Christian. I notice you ran away from Christians standing in the way of medical advancements and all the lives lost to that. You also are still unable to name another group of people called by the racist term you used to describe Latinos.
Since you keep cowering from that I accept your surrender as I so often have to do for your failures.
<quoted text>
You're an assumptive, bigoted bastard like my grandpa was. He hated all black people for no reason other than they were black. He knew none of them, but presumed to know them all.

For your information, I did not vote for Bush.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165907 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Paying off the victims of Priest rape figures in heavily into that number I noticed.
You didn't catch that did you ditch digger?
Oh well you're always good for a laugh!
<quoted text>
Its about 3% spent on court and you ignore the 88% that they spend on people....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165908 May 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, since all Christians are suspicious of the doctrinal purity of the guy in the next pew, there are nearly 2 billion different Christian cults-of-one.
So the atheists say.

But with that logic, that means there's over 6 billion different flavors of chocolate.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#165909 May 23, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"...address the point you stupid f*ck."
In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the Troll uttering the phrases.
is that what your doctor told you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165910 May 23, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:

First, the facts.
The current most charitable individuals in the United States, based on “Estimated Lifetime Giving,” are:
1) Warren Buffett (atheist, donated $40.785 billion to “health, education, humanitarian causes”)
2) Bill & Melinda Gates (atheists, donated $27.602 billion to “global health and development, education”)
The RCC (JUST the RCC) did more than that....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165911 May 23, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Are mother teresa brand "lie on the ground while we talk about jesus 'til you die" services included in 'health care?'
No. They didn't charge for those.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#165912 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So the atheists say.
But with that logic, that means there's over 6 billion different flavors of chocolate.
How do you figure that?

And even if it were true, why would I care?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165913 May 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>How do you figure that?
You think that because there are 2 billion Christians, each one with their own mind, that means there are "2 billion different Christian cults-of-one".

Everyone's taste buds are different, too. And I'm assuming not everyone on earth has eaten chocolate, so I left the number at 6 billion...

So with your logic, there are 6 billion different flavors of chocolate....

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded :)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165914 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that because there are 2 billion Christians, each one with their own mind, that means there are "2 billion different Christian cults-of-one".
Everyone's taste buds are different, too. And I'm assuming not everyone on earth has eaten chocolate, so I left the number at 6 billion...
So with your logic, there are 6 billion different flavors of chocolate....
If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded :)
Christians aren't allowed to own a brain.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165915 May 23, 2013
My background is mathematics and statistics.

In just a few years of posting here I saw the number of christian sects rise from ~38,000 to ~41,000.

You must admit that is an extraordinary increase in a religion that is around two millennia old.

If you're at 43,000 sects now, and your religion's fracturing is accelerating, you may well break 60,000 sects long before 2030.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMMFAO! It seems as though you just learned to google.
Now it's "43,000".....
HA HA HA !!!!
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165916 May 23, 2013
I guess it only depends on whether the chocolate was mixed by waterfall.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>How do you figure that?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165917 May 23, 2013
Link?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Its about 3% spent on court and you ignore the 88% that they spend on people....

Lexington, KY

#165918 May 23, 2013
I hate nobody thanks. Sorry you were the one who made the racial slur like a bigot not me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're an assumptive, bigoted bastard like my grandpa was. He hated all black people for no reason other than they were black. He knew none of them, but presumed to know them all.

For your information, I did not vote for Bush.

Lexington, KY

#165919 May 23, 2013
I notice you cowered away from my question. If Jesus existed and cared shouldn't there only be one? Instead of thousands of Christian denominations all with different teachings and requirements shouldn't he allow just one?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>LMMFAO! It seems as though you just learned to google.

Now it's "43,000".....

HA HA HA !!!!

Lexington, KY

#165920 May 23, 2013
Link?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The RCC (JUST the RCC) did more than that....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165921 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Link?
Zelda?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165922 May 23, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I notice you cowered away from my question. If Jesus existed and cared shouldn't there only be one? Instead of thousands of Christian denominations all with different teachings and requirements shouldn't he allow just one?
<quoted text>
If there was only one, then the atheist idea that there is no free will would be true.

But since there are so many different forms of Christianity (amongst other religions and non-religions), that shoots out your idea, now doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 min Cowobunga 201,150
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,153,055
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 58 min budd 2,658
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 28,358
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Country Girl 306,951
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web