Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
159,241 - 159,260 of 226,243 Comments Last updated 25 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165826 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Provide observable proof for god and I could feasibly do that.
Damn you suck at this!
<quoted text>
For the 800th, GML.

I can't.

That's between you and God.

Location hidden

#165827 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are leprechaun believers trying to force people to observe their rituals and beliefs in public?
Aawwww..... Has pity poor GML been FORCED to watch people pray?

I'm so sorry for your trauma. Anything I can do?

LMAO!

Location hidden

#165828 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No you always ran away from this fact and you know it. It is true and I have never seen a Christian show how this is incorrect.
The onus is on you, pal. You're the one with the claim:

"Christianity states a non Christian can kill his family, go to prison, convert to Christianity and go to heaven"

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165829 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, babe. It was a joke. I apologize if I offended you.
Not really, I didn't realize it was a joke is all and was going to use it as an example, but if it was a joke, meh.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165830 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But an assumption nonetheless....
Yes, it's a safe and sane assumption though considering the lack of evidence. Never once have I stated there can be no god, but until I see actual, verifiable, demonstrable evidence, not just a "feeling" by anyone, including myself, I will not accept it as fact, that is what a skeptic is, we doubt everything until we can see analyze the evidence for ourselves. You seem to be assuming that I am simply denying your god, that's not it, I deny all the gods proposed by humans thus far. One day someone may discover something that is a god out there, and present verifiable and demonstrable evidence for it, then I will accept it as fact. Until then, it is nothing but mythology.

Location hidden

#165831 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's a safe and sane assumption though considering the lack of evidence. Never once have I stated there can be no god, but until I see actual, verifiable, demonstrable evidence, not just a "feeling" by anyone, including myself, I will not accept it as fact, that is what a skeptic is, we doubt everything until we can see analyze the evidence for ourselves. You seem to be assuming that I am simply denying your god, that's not it, I deny all the gods proposed by humans thus far. One day someone may discover something that is a god out there, and present verifiable and demonstrable evidence for it, then I will accept it as fact. Until then, it is nothing but mythology.
Huh...

I wonder what the skeptic in you says about Zeus or black holes or jealousy.....(Things with no evidence of)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165832 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh...
I wonder what the skeptic in you says about Zeus or black holes or jealousy.....(Things with no evidence of)
Zeus is a god, same rules apply to it as do your god.

Black holes are a catch phrase anyway to describe something that is "missing," actually. Ignore the Hollywood crap about them, utter nonsense.

Emotions we have already demonstrated how evidence for those is obtained, putting aside the completely arbitrary definitions of them.

Location hidden

#165833 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus is a god, same rules apply to it as do your god.
Black holes are a catch phrase anyway to describe something that is "missing," actually. Ignore the Hollywood crap about them, utter nonsense.
Emotions we have already demonstrated how evidence for those is obtained, putting aside the completely arbitrary definitions of them.
Wait a tic!

If black holes are only Hollywood incarnations, explain how Flash Gordon made it to Mongo....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#165834 May 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'll be 20 on Tuesday.
Happy birthday...tomorrow!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#165835 May 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, HairyBetty.

I didn't even know.

Both my parents ran away before I was born.

...maybe because I snatched a pack of Camels out of her lap.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165836 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a tic!
If black holes are only Hollywood incarnations, explain how Flash Gordon made it to Mongo....
Now that was funny, a though it is not based on what I said exactly, it was still funny.

Location hidden

#165837 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was funny, a though it is not based on what I said exactly, it was still funny.
Aw.

I get tired of the circular discussions, gotta throw in a cog every now & then.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165839 May 20, 2013
Looks like ditch digger needs to do some research before making a jackass out of himself again.

Lmfao!

Thanks for the laughs!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There's not 60,000 versions of Christianity so how could there be "many more"??

Lexington, KY

#165840 May 20, 2013
I = is. Shall I start pointing out all of your errors? That would be a full time job.

Okay stop being a pussyassbitch changing the subject, name another group of people your racist term is used towards.

I guess you were busted in your Christian racism and are in desperation mode trying to change the subject.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"I actually a British term"?!

O_o

What?

Is that the genius atheist showing off again?

Lexington, KY

#165841 May 20, 2013
So you were wrong, it's okay we are used to that.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>For the 800th, GML.

I can't.

That's between you and God.

Lexington, KY

#165842 May 20, 2013
Rituals and beliefs that threaten the lives of millions each year when forced upon others.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Aawwww..... Has pity poor GML been FORCED to watch people pray?

I'm so sorry for your trauma. Anything I can do?

LMAO!

Lexington, KY

#165843 May 20, 2013
So you are claiming Jesus doesn't forgive all? Wow you don't even understand your own religion ditch digger.

So you are wrong as usual, thanks for the laughs idiot!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>The onus is on you, pal. You're the one with the claim:

"Christianity states a non Christian can kill his family, go to prison, convert to Christianity and go to heaven"

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#165844 May 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Aero.

I don't really feel any different but I do have cramps. Luckily, I bought myself some tampons for my birthday.

It all works out.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#165845 May 21, 2013
From my atheist perspective i dont think about religion,its not a part of my life,i just dont care so no faith required,religion is just a non issue.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#165846 May 21, 2013
I've filled you a virtual hot water bottle.
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Aero.
I don't really feel any different but I do have cramps. Luckily, I bought myself some tampons for my birthday.
It all works out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,099,784
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min Big Sky 305,444
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••