Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165808 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A fact is a thing that is indisputably the case.
You claim that "god is a lie" as fact.
Supply evidence for your claim.
Nicely done, there may be hope for you yet. That was a positive claim, and you caught me on it, I cannot prove that your god is a lie, but your religion is based on many lies, thus, it is a valid assumption until proven otherwise.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165809 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Him"?
Oh, Koder.
Carry on.
Now you are being childish again, making an assertion with no evidence.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165810 May 20, 2013
Actually by now there are more. So how could there be so many variations all claiming to be the only one who is right? How could a god allow such a thing to go on for centuries?

I see you are unable to answer, not even a last ditch effort!

Lmfao!:))
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There isn't 60,000 Christian religions, so....

Lexington, KY

#165811 May 20, 2013
Again trying to deflect and change the subject. Chop chop I actually a British term you mouth breather.

Again show where your racist term is used to describe other people not just Mexicans. Hurry up now or fail again.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Chop chop? Are you talking shit about orientals now?

Dude...

Lexington, KY

#165812 May 20, 2013
Provide observable proof for god and I could feasibly do that.

Damn you suck at this!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA! Why are you looking to the theist for evidence of God?

Look to God for that.

Lexington, KY

#165813 May 20, 2013
Are leprechaun believers trying to force people to observe their rituals and beliefs in public? Are they trying to stop life saving medical procedures?

Once they start doing that I will.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Do you also not believe leprechauns are real?

Do you engage in daily arguments about their non-existence?

No?

Imagine that.

Lexington, KY

#165814 May 20, 2013
No you always ran away from this fact and you know it. It is true and I have never seen a Christian show how this is incorrect.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.

I've already explained it to you.

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#165815 May 20, 2013
I agree that atheism takes a lot of faith, except its faith in "it all happened somehow" rather than "a great powerful being we can't really understand created it all" – which by the way, makes a lot more sense to me than the 'somehow' theory. For one thing, whenever there is a genetic change-an aberration-it is a mutation, and always ends up in a negative result. Never in the advancement of the species (which is not the same as natural selection). I may not be able to understand He who we call God, but I can accept His existence!

Lexington, KY

#165816 May 20, 2013
Why assume a great and powerful being did it in the first place?
Jenji wrote:
I agree that atheism takes a lot of faith, except its faith in "it all happened somehow" rather than "a great powerful being we can't really understand created it all" – which by the way, makes a lot more sense to me than the 'somehow' theory. For one thing, whenever there is a genetic change-an aberration-it is a mutation, and always ends up in a negative result. Never in the advancement of the species (which is not the same as natural selection). I may not be able to understand He who we call God, but I can accept His existence!
Lincoln

United States

#165817 May 20, 2013
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court will revisit the issue of church-state separation and decide whether a town council can begin its monthly meetings with a prayer from a Christian pastor.

Thirty years ago, the court upheld a state legislature’s practice of beginning its session with a non-denominational prayer. The justices said that “to invoke Divine guidance on a public body entrusted with making laws” did NOT violate the 1st Amendment’s prohibition on an “establishment of religion.”

But since then, several lower courts have said that a city council or county board may violate the 1st Amendment if its opening prayers favor one religion only.

Last year, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York ruled that the town of Greece, near Rochester, had crossed the line by inviting Christian pastors to deliver nearly every opening prayer. While the town’s policy does not favor one religion, the court said, its practice has been to favor Christianity to the exclusion of other faiths.

“In practice, Christian clergy members have delivered nearly all of the prayers relevant to this litigation and have done so at the town’s invitation,” the appeals court said last year.

Lawyers for the town appealed to the Supreme Court, arguing that opening prayers at a town council are a standard practice in communities across the nation and do not violate the 1st Amendment.

The court said it will hear the case in the fall.

[Updated, 7:49 a.m. PDT May 20: Americans United for Separation of Church and State, which sponsored the lawsuit, urged the high court to affirm government neutrality on religion.

“A town council meeting isn’t a church service, and it shouldn’t seem like one,” said the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United.“Government can’t serve everyone in the community when it endorses one faith over others. That sends the clear message that some are second-class citizens based on what they believe about religion.”

LA Times

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#165819 May 20, 2013
You must have something to have faith in. What would Atheism have faith in?

Location hidden

#165820 May 20, 2013
Jenji wrote:
"I agree that atheism takes a lot of faith, except its faith in "it all happened somehow"

That makes NO sense. How can one have faith in "it all happened somehow?"

Location hidden

#165821 May 20, 2013
This is a silly topix anyhow. Have a great day!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165822 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are being childish again, making an assertion with no evidence.
Relax, babe. It was a joke. I apologize if I offended you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165823 May 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely done, there may be hope for you yet. That was a positive claim, and you caught me on it, I cannot prove that your god is a lie, but your religion is based on many lies, thus, it is a valid assumption until proven otherwise.
But an assumption nonetheless....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165824 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Actually by now there are more. So how could there be so many variations all claiming to be the only one who is right? How could a god allow such a thing to go on for centuries?
I see you are unable to answer, not even a last ditch effort!
Lmfao!:))
<quoted text>
There's not 60,000 versions of Christianity so how could there be "many more"??

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165825 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Again trying to deflect and change the subject. Chop chop I actually a British term you mouth breather.
"I actually a British term"?!

O_o

What?

Is that the genius atheist showing off again?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165826 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Provide observable proof for god and I could feasibly do that.
Damn you suck at this!
<quoted text>
For the 800th, GML.

I can't.

That's between you and God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165827 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are leprechaun believers trying to force people to observe their rituals and beliefs in public?
Aawwww..... Has pity poor GML been FORCED to watch people pray?

I'm so sorry for your trauma. Anything I can do?

LMAO!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165828 May 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No you always ran away from this fact and you know it. It is true and I have never seen a Christian show how this is incorrect.
The onus is on you, pal. You're the one with the claim:

"Christianity states a non Christian can kill his family, go to prison, convert to Christianity and go to heaven"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Choom Gang Soetoro 1,129,656
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 41 min Pearl Jam 306,370
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin Nation 27,982
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr PieceMaker 500
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr SpaceBlues 1,625
loan needed (Dec '13) Thu Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE