Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256083 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165504 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that not one of you has proven me wrong?
Because we're not arrogant asses that think we could possibly know what 2 billion people think.

You are.

Why is it that you've never proven yourself right?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165505 May 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
92,955,807.3 miles, short a billion less billions.
Thanks, Aura.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165506 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The comment you made about Mexicans amongst others... Even you aren't this stupid but being purposely obtuse.
Google up obtuse because I doubt you know what it means ditch digger.
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about Mexicans.

That's your own racism mingling with my joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165507 May 16, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was one 'true god' why is there 30,000+ of them?
Who cares? We all worship God. That's all that matters.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165508 May 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahahah. "According to god's will" is a cop out and you know it.
If you can't show evidence, why bother posting?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165509 May 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't ask for evidence, you asked for proof that prayers were not answered. Perhaps you live in some parallel universe in which the starving children were fed with manna and quail delivered from heaven, but in the real world, they died slow agonizing deaths of starvation, by the tens of thousands, in spite of millions of prayers going up in their behalf. We have only three choices - we have proof here that either the prayer were not answered, or we have proof that this God is the capricious unfeeling bastard child of the gods of Poverty and War.
Or we could allow that there is no God entity that actively involves itself in human affairs.
I opt for #3. The other two choices are too horrific to contemplate.
Again. How do you know those prayers aren't answered?

A: You don't. You assume.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165510 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability for you to operate a computer better than makes you smarter than me at that, and at that only.
Funny that I can build a house better than you.
Funny that I can change a truck's clutch better than you.
Funny that I build a dresser better than you.
Etc, etc.
Does that make me smarter than you or you smarter than me?
Nope.
I highly doubt you can do all that better than I can. I mean, let's say I don't actually know any of that, I can google it any way and find the answers you think you know. I know what a lathe is, and how to use it, as well as a belt sander and a bandsaw. I know how internal combustion engines work, because I have taken them apart and rebuilt them. But hey, you know it all.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#165511 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? We all worship God. That's all that matters.
No.

You don't worship tens of thousands of deities.

I just don't worship one more.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#165512 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again. How do you know those prayers aren't answered?
A: You don't. You assume.
You asked for proof that prayers are not answered. You assume we received an answer.

Q: What answer then did God give to the pleas of millions of Christians to relieve the suffering of these tens of thousands of children?

A: No. Let 'em die, but not too quickly. First, they must suffer.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#165513 May 16, 2013
You actually used the racist derogatory term for them when saying you had them work for you, a racist term which I will not repeat.

You know you posted this racist bigotry no matter how obtuse you pretend to be.

I wonder what your Jesus would say about your racist behavior? Best hope he doesn't exist.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say anything about Mexicans.

That's your own racism mingling with my joke.

Scottsburg, IN

#165514 May 16, 2013
Your bible says mere worship is not enough, one must worship and believe correctly or be doomed. With over 60,000 different Christian faiths alone there can be no hope even if the bible was correct. Interesting that god, should he exist, not get all the believers on the same page.

So for thousands of years even most believers would be doomed for hell.

Either he doesn't care or doesn't exist, which is more likely you think?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares? We all worship God. That's all that matters.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165515 May 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you can do all that better than I can. I mean, let's say I don't actually know any of that, I can google it any way and find the answers you think you know. I know what a lathe is, and how to use it, as well as a belt sander and a bandsaw. I know how internal combustion engines work, because I have taken them apart and rebuilt them. But hey, you know it all.
That it's exactly the response I expected from you. Do you know how many people I've had to correct because they don't know anything about building anything, but they googled it and watch the YouTube video and all of a sudden thought that they could do it. Then someone like me has to come along behind them and fix all the mistakes or, more often, start from scratch and just do it for them.

Good luck with that. Because you can't build a dresser with a YouTube video...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165516 May 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
You don't worship tens of thousands of deities.
I just don't worship one more.
If you properly read my post, you would've seen that I did not post that we worship gods, I posted that we worship God.

There's a difference, a big difference in God and gods.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165517 May 16, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You asked for proof that prayers are not answered. You assume we received an answer.
Q: What answer then did God give to the pleas of millions of Christians to relieve the suffering of these tens of thousands of children?
A: No. Let 'em die, but not too quickly. First, they must suffer.
Uh-huh...

You also claim to know what millions of Christians are praying for AND you claim to know how God responded to them?!

Are you f*cking kidding me?!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165518 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You actually used the racist derogatory term for them when saying you had them work for you, a racist term which I will not repeat.
You know you posted this racist bigotry no matter how obtuse you pretend to be.
I wonder what your Jesus would say about your racist behavior? Best hope he doesn't exist.
<quoted text>
Again, I didn't post anything about Mexicans.

I made a joke that had the word "Beaner" in it and you identified that as Mexican.

You're the one that turned a joke into something serious and you're the one who identified Mexicans as beaters.

That's your racism speaking, not mine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165519 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your bible says mere worship is not enough, one must worship and believe correctly or be doomed. With over 60,000 different Christian faiths alone there can be no hope even if the bible was correct. Interesting that god, should he exist, not get all the believers on the same page.
So for thousands of years even most believers would be doomed for hell.
Either he doesn't care or doesn't exist, which is more likely you think?
<quoted text>
Neither of those. The fact is you're ignorant of God and you're ignorant of the Bible. There's nothing I can do about that.

Scottsburg, IN

#165520 May 16, 2013
Tell it to the 60,000 different Christian religions that all say they and only they have it right.

Again for this god to allow such a wild variation on his so called word to go on for not a decade or a generation but thousands of years without correcting it? Either he doesn't care or doesn't exist.

Remember the bible clearly says believing is not enough if you are doing it incorrectly. 60,000 different Christian religions. Uh-oh!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Neither of those. The fact is you're ignorant of God and you're ignorant of the Bible. There's nothing I can do about that.

Scottsburg, IN

#165521 May 16, 2013
Name another group of people who work construction that go under that racist term? Oh and show proof to back it up.

Hurry up now bigot! Chop chop!

You can't and you know it. You were caught in your racism and are now being purposely obtuse.

Those Christian morals on display again I see.

Lol!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I didn't post anything about Mexicans.

I made a joke that had the word "Beaner" in it and you identified that as Mexican.

You're the one that turned a joke into something serious and you're the one who identified Mexicans as beaters.

That's your racism speaking, not mine.

Scottsburg, IN

#165522 May 16, 2013
You could make a YouTube video on how to dig a ditch.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That it's exactly the response I expected from you. Do you know how many people I've had to correct because they don't know anything about building anything, but they googled it and watch the YouTube video and all of a sudden thought that they could do it. Then someone like me has to come along behind them and fix all the mistakes or, more often, start from scratch and just do it for them.

Good luck with that. Because you can't build a dresser with a YouTube video...

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#165523 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
You also claim to know what millions of Christians are praying for AND you claim to know how God responded to them?!
Are you f*cking kidding me?!
Ok, I'll play. The fact that thousands of children were starving in Darfur was common knowledge, yet no Christians prayed to their God to alleviate their suffering? Is that it?

Ah, let's don't do that to the poor Christians. C'mon, I sat in churches and heard the prayers. As a Christian at the time, I went to mass events where the children were prayed for. I'm just giving my fellow humans the benefit of the doubt here. Surely we weren't the only people praying to a loving God about this travesty, striving to bring it to his wandering attention. But maybe you're right - maybe Christians in general really didn't give a sh!t. I don't want to believe it, but hey, you seem so certain.

As for how God responded, well, dude - whether "God" was placated with enough prayers or not, tens of thousands of kids still starved to death, didn't they? I mean, that's pretty much fact, ain't it?

Jesu Christo, no matter how we cut it, this "God" still comes out a bleeding ash-hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min moshx 1,405,492
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Trojan 32,308
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr ThomasA 311,496
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Wed IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web