Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256538 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#165419 May 15, 2013
Thousands at least. They really had no choice until recently and even now Christholes make demands on what religious symbols can and can't be used on a fallen soldier's own headstone.

Disgusting.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Back in what day?

What soldiers didn't want a cross headstone?

Scottsburg, IN

#165420 May 15, 2013
Your racist posts tell the story. We can clearly see how flawed so called Christian morality is with your behavior.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"No doubt"?!?

To whom, you?!

HA !

You're clueless, dude.

Scottsburg, IN

#165421 May 15, 2013
Who is GLM?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Just playing GLM's "prove it with a link" game.

He hasn't...

The guys such a moron, you can't take anything he says at face value.

Scottsburg, IN

#165422 May 15, 2013
Exactly and all easy enough to see on any search engine. I guess dishonesty is required when the facts are against you as we see daily with the religious posters here.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is no religion
Jodi Arias:Mormon
O.J. Simpson:Christian
OK City bomber:Catholic
Newtown killer:Catholic
Colorado Shooter:Christian converted to Islam
Columbine school shooters:Christian/Jewish
Obama isn't a chriminal and he's a Christian
Jeff Dahmer:Christian
False
Hitler:Catholic

Scottsburg, IN

#165423 May 15, 2013
Who is GLM?

Shoveling in stupidity as usual eh?

I guess it's your last ditch effort? Lmfao!

Get any splinters from the shovel today grunt?:))
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Huh...

You know what's strange? 7 hours ago, GLM posted:

"Links showing these people were/are atheists?

You will be unable to provide them so we will go ahead and laugh at you okay?"

Hmmm... But he won't be asking you the same.

Imagine that.
Lincoln

United States

#165424 May 15, 2013
A small group of protesters gathered outside the Loudoun County Government Center this afternoon to show their opposition to a Christian group reserving the county board room.
The Chapel of the Holy Spirit, a local church, reserved the board room for a 90-minute service commemorating National Day of Prayer.
The protesters, led by Rick Wingrove, the capital area director for American Atheists, said the church group that reserved the board room is attempting to blur the line between church and state.
"We're not hear to trash on anyone's religion," Wingrove said. "This is about keeping church and state separate. It would be more appropriate if this was held in a church."
Brian Burton, a member of the Salvation Army who attended the prayer service, greeted the protestors on his way in.
"I was civil; they were civil," he said, adding, "They have a right to be here as much as we do."
Any non-profit group can reserve the board room, according to Anna Nissinen, Loudoun County's public information officer. Groups that want to reserve the space must sign an agreement to comply with the regulations for public use of facilities and grounds. There is no fee to reserve the room.
Upon learning that any non-profit group can hold a meeting in the county board room, Wingrove said the local chapter of American Atheists are planning to do just that.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165425 May 15, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
i just googled
Did you wipe afterward?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165426 May 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Thousands at least. They really had no choice until recently and even now Christholes make demands on what religious symbols can and can't be used on a fallen soldier's own headstone.
Disgusting.
<quoted text>
Oops, I meant GML (you).

Now answer, you chicken shit.

Back in what day?

Scottsburg, IN

#165427 May 15, 2013
Poor guy gets so angry on here! Lmfao!

Digging all those ditches has made him a miserable person. If only he had spent more time in a classroom instead of in the heat with a shovel in hand.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, I meant GML (you).

Now answer, you chicken shit.

Back in what day?

Scottsburg, IN

#165428 May 15, 2013
Stealing other people's work again without providing credit?

So that's your church I guess?
Lincoln wrote:
A small group of protesters gathered outside the Loudoun County Government Center this afternoon to show their opposition to a Christian group reserving the county board room.
The Chapel of the Holy Spirit, a local church, reserved the board room for a 90-minute service commemorating National Day of Prayer.
The protesters, led by Rick Wingrove, the capital area director for American Atheists, said the church group that reserved the board room is attempting to blur the line between church and state.
"We're not hear to trash on anyone's religion," Wingrove said. "This is about keeping church and state separate. It would be more appropriate if this was held in a church."
Brian Burton, a member of the Salvation Army who attended the prayer service, greeted the protestors on his way in.
"I was civil; they were civil," he said, adding, "They have a right to be here as much as we do."
Any non-profit group can reserve the board room, according to Anna Nissinen, Loudoun County's public information officer. Groups that want to reserve the space must sign an agreement to comply with the regulations for public use of facilities and grounds. There is no fee to reserve the room.
Upon learning that any non-profit group can hold a meeting in the county board room, Wingrove said the local chapter of American Atheists are planning to do just that.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#165429 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that with such passion and vigor. As if you know you're telling the truth.
Provide evidence for your assertion.
Or admit it's your opinion.
<quoted text>
More assumption with zero evidence?
<quoted text>
Dunno, I've never been brainwashed.
<quoted text>
Like you tell yourself that prayers are never answered?
<quoted text>
You would know.
<quoted text>
Yes it is. Nice design, huh?
<quoted text>
Price it. You weren't there, I was.
<quoted text>
Thanks, I do try.
There is no evidence (I love how you hate that word) that pixie dust is real, because of LACK OF EVIDENCE werewolves are not real, beside anecdotal testimony and personal experiences, which NEVER count as evidence, there is NO EVIDENCE that prayers are answered.

LOGIC 101.........Prayers are answered by God.....POSITIVE ASSERTION
There is no evidence for either God or that he answers prayers....This is NOT an assertion, only a positive statement is considered an assertion. All POSITIVE assertion require evidence...ready...set....GO!! !!

Something is either REAL, or it's NOT. I am not required to provide evidence that pixie dust is NOT real, I never asserted that is was. If you assert that pixie dust is real, you must provide the proof. Same with anything for which there is no evidence, that includes God.

Of course you've been brainwashed. You were born an Atheist. You were probably an atheists for about 3 or 4 years. Then someone started telling you about imaginary beings ( Angels, demons, God) and magical places ( Heaven, Hell, Purgatory) You were told over and over that these beings and places were real and ended up actually convinced that everything you were told was true. If you were told from the beginning, that all people shorter than you were evil and must be shunned, and ended up believing it, that is brainwashing. No different from imaginary beings and magical places.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#165430 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh..... Now it 'appears' to set in the west....
Huh...
Cuz yesterday you said "the sun sets in the west".
I'm glad you're thinking.
Finally.
So I'll take this as you not accepting the FACT that the sun sets in the West. By NOT accepting that fact, you must have an alternative. Care to share with us all were the sun actually sets if not the WEST?.........I can't wait to hear your alternate explanation..........Ready.... set....GO!!!!
Matt of Akron

United States

#165431 May 15, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, part of a scam is to try to make the people who buy it feel better about being gullible and stupid.
Scam being your atheism.
Matt of Akron

United States

#165432 May 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have no hatred, thanks. I love life and enjoy it to the fullest. I just like laughing and mocking you backwards idiots, fair enough?
Peace :)
<quoted text>
You just proved that atheists can NOT be good without God.

Scottsburg, IN

#165433 May 15, 2013
Why's that?
Matt of Akron wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved that atheists can NOT be good without God.

Scottsburg, IN

#165434 May 15, 2013
Oh Lincoln you changed your screen name again, sad your grammar didn't improve eh jackass?:))

Lmfao!
Matt of Akron wrote:
<quoted text>Scam being your atheism.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165435 May 15, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny the study on the opposite
Is atheism linked to autism? Controversial study points to  relationship between the two
People with 'mild' forms of autism are more likely to be atheists, according to a controversial new study - and more likely to shun organised religion in general......
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
So?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165436 May 15, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Jesus ring a bell?
You don't understand... jesus isn't god, but he is god! The triune, dude. Duh.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#165437 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you wipe afterward?
is that what you do ?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#165438 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>A "being"?!

O_o

It's a "man" with magical powers.

Please, GLM. Try.
Believe it or not, a man is a being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 1,417,193
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Into The Night 10,059
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr zef 311,595
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Trojan 32,323
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web