Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
158,681 - 158,700 of 226,394 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165233 May 12, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on the pay.
I can fix or drive anything.
And lift most things.
How about spirits?

Can you lift those?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#165234 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Not really. The typical topix atheist is a pseudo intellectual. The definition of a typical topix atheist includes but is not limited to the following succinct description, a perfidious rote learned obstreperous prevaricator.
With just enough intelligence to fancy themselves such.

Location hidden

#165235 May 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill, dude!
Surf's up and the chicks are hot.
http://www.viewzone.com/rv2013.html

The surf may really be up soon.

Cowabunga!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#165236 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, atheists adhere to the doctrine of dishonesty and speciousness. That's just a small sampling of their tenets. You may have even noticed most typical topix atheists post responses using the word "we".
Really, maybe you could give some examples of this rampant atheist dishonesty.

Location hidden

#165237 May 12, 2013
Spring may have finally sprung in the Plains. The hummingbirds are here, the trees are green, and I have a veritable plethora of pretty birds gathering at my feeders. One odd thing this year, though. Some of the birds are ravenous for sweets. They have taken to hitting the hummingbird feeders to get a drink. With 3 bird baths close by. These are some dirty birds. Never seen them so obsessed with sugar water.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165238 May 12, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, maybe you could give some examples of this rampant atheist dishonesty.
Its axiomatic, if you've been reading the thread.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165239 May 12, 2013
The ontological argument for god which you spammed hundreds of times on here has been easily destroyed and can just as easily be used against the proposition of god's existence.

Again you cannot assign attributes and deeds to this god until you have demonstrated said god exists. Presupposing god exists does not count.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>So you reject ontology?

You see no value in discussing ontology?

In fact it is of such little import in your mind it only deserves mockery?

Does not that show a limit to your intelligence when you consider ontology not worth discussing?

----------

I was actually engaging in an epistemological argument however...

:-)

Lexington, KY

#165240 May 12, 2013
So you do not even know what atheism is. Until you have that basic understanding no intelligent conversation can be had with you.
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>So every tenet of atheism is proven?

That is in interesting arbitrary claim you have made there....

Lexington, KY

#165241 May 12, 2013
Is that what you call shoving food in your mouth at the buffet? Using the fork to lift all the fried food in?

Lol!
Buck Crick wrote:
...the forklift was a let-down, in more ways than one.

Lexington, KY

#165242 May 12, 2013
Head injury geezer is back on his original screen name!

How goes it Dave? Chopped off anymore of your fingers lately?

Hope not
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>With just enough intelligence to fancy themselves such.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#165243 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its axiomatic, if you've been reading the thread.
In other words, you were being dishonest.

Carry on.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165244 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, atheists adhere to the doctrine of dishonesty and speciousness. That's just a small sampling of their tenets. You may have even noticed most typical topix atheists post responses using the word "we".
Well, since what you stated is not a doctrine, then you have demonstrated that you are a liar.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165245 May 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since what you stated is not a doctrine, then you have demonstrated that you are a liar.

Not just a liar, but a egotistical projecting fundamentalist christian liar, who has little moral compass or ability to question religious dogma. There is more to his fallacy but this is enough to disdain and reject the diatribes of the Bongo philosophy.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165246 May 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
here cod lady
ten·et
[ten-it; British also tee-nit] Show IPA

noun
any opinion, principle, doctrine, dogma, etc., especially one held as true by members of a profession, group, or movement
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165247 May 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just a liar, but a egotistical projecting fundamentalist christian liar, who has little moral compass or ability to question religious dogma. There is more to his fallacy but this is enough to disdain and reject the diatribes of the Bongo philosophy.
youre rejected, but youre used to that
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165248 May 12, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you were being dishonest.
Carry on.
seems you are unless you can prove there is no God or that atheism does not require faith. You just don't know , poor sap.

Lexington, KY

#165249 May 12, 2013
Atheism is just not believing in gods. That is all it means no matter how much you stamp your feet retard.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>here cod lady
tenĀ·et
[ten-it; British also tee-nit] Show IPA

noun
any opinion, principle, doctrine, dogma, etc., especially one held as true by members of a profession, group, or movement

Lexington, KY

#165250 May 12, 2013
The existence of god is the theistic claim so it is on them to provide the case for his existence.

Sorry that's how the real world works.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>seems you are unless you can prove there is no God or that atheism does not require faith. You just don't know , poor sap.
Eurythmics

Prosperity, SC

#165251 May 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Awwww some christhole is talking to himself :))
<quoted text>
Why are all of you atheists such deplorable and mean people?
Eurythmics

Prosperity, SC

#165252 May 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The existence of god is the theistic claim so it is on them to provide the case for his existence.
Sorry that's how the real world works.
<quoted text>
Another belly-aching, angry, hopeless atheist trying to place his burdens on the peace-filled and joyful Christians.

I pity you as I watch you scurry and scramble with your anger and hopelessness, atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,100,617
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,467
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 27,092
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••