Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165295 May 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say you swallowed a lizard?
I shot a big assed alligator in the head, chopped off his tail...and ate it.
It's messed up we don't have Komodo Dragons here I'd really like to hunt them. Nasty as they are, they appeal to me the dangerous types.
It's almost even fair, teeth and claws against light armor piercing rounds and cold steel sharp as a razor. I only fear fear itself.
Manny is the man!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165296 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't answer the question you can always skip the post.
Or you can respond like you did and show your ignorance.
It's your choice.
Says the twit who runs in fear when asked for proof of god.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#165297 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very closed-minded for a "freethinker".
Typical.
Because you don't know, "made in His image" is not referring to physical appearance...
The only close minded person here is the one that doesn't believe in evolution - fact of life that any doctor can confirm for you with a simple dna test.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165298 May 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the twit who runs in fear when asked for proof of god.
I've answered that question a thousand times and a dozen times TO YOU.

It ain't my fault you're a moron.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165299 May 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:

The only close minded person here is the one that doesn't believe in evolution
HA HA !!!

Where's all the athibots telling you evolution isn't something you 'believe' in??

Imagine that...
fact of life that any doctor can confirm for you with a simple dna test.
Hey Mr SmartPants.... "Any doctor" can't perform DNA tests.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165300 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA !!!
Where's all the athibots telling you evolution isn't something you 'believe' in??
Imagine that...
<quoted text>
Hey Mr SmartPants.... "Any doctor" can't perform DNA tests.
Geesh Ricky Retardo , maybe some people don't believe in everything like you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165301 May 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Geesh Ricky Retardo , maybe some people don't believe in everything like you.
No shit, Sherlock.

But every time I call evolution a belief, I get berated.

But when one of your own does it, it's quietly ignored.

Way to "freethink"!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165302 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock.
But every time I call evolution a belief, I get berated.
But when one of your own does it, it's quietly ignored.
Way to "freethink"!

Freethinking usually involves questioning the dogma of religion.
Somehow religious nuts saying freethinking , just doesn't quite say it.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#165303 May 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock.
But every time I call evolution a belief, I get berated.
But when one of your own does it, it's quietly ignored.
Way to "freethink"!
Just so you don't continue to loo absolutely stupid, here's some FACTS for ya. The Theory of Evolution is the backbone of ALL biological research. There is MORE EVIDENCE (see, when you have evidence you don't need a belief) for evolution than there is for the Theory of gravity, than for the idea that all things are made from atoms, or Einstein's theory of relativity. The theory of evolution is the finest scientific theory ever devised.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165304 May 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Just so you don't continue to loo absolutely stupid, here's some FACTS for ya. The Theory of Evolution is the backbone of ALL biological research. There is MORE EVIDENCE (see, when you have evidence you don't need a belief) for evolution than there is for the Theory of gravity, than for the idea that all things are made from atoms, or Einstein's theory of relativity. The theory of evolution is the finest scientific theory ever devised.
Don't even try.

You're dealing with a dumbass redneck.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165305 May 13, 2013
Pray about it in church.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I do.

The Trinity Shamrocks are rated in the top 10 of high school football nearly every year.

Those damn catholics can tackle.

I also believe in Sacred Heart. They lost to Trinity last year, though.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165306 May 13, 2013
Humans existed before Jesus? Wow just wow...

Since Jesus didn't walk the earth as a man RR has admitted god can be killed on a stick. Come Armageddon all Satan needs is a stick and some nails loaded up on an iron chariot :))
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is not a man, first if all.

Secondly, we were made in God's image long before Jesus.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165307 May 13, 2013
No it is a description of your god.... Sad you can't put that together.

I guess that's why you dig ditches for a living.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>See, everyone?

It's the atheists that believe in wizards that live in the sky...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165308 May 13, 2013
Well said but then again he believes Noah for millions of animals on a boat.

Ditch digger is funny like that.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Freethinking usually involves questioning the dogma of religion.
Somehow religious nuts saying freethinking , just doesn't quite say it.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#165309 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try.
You're dealing with a dumbass redneck.
But one with a point--sort of. EVERY idea should be subjected to scrutiny. When any are sacrosanct, dogma sets in. Neither the ToE nor the BB theories are immune to this, but that scrutiny must be motivated by logic, reason, and empiricism, not by objections based on conflicts with authority, tradition, or such other dogmas as religious tenets. The latter is the reason that theists' attacks on science fail every time.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165310 May 13, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
But one with a point--sort of. EVERY idea should be subjected to scrutiny. When any are sacrosanct, dogma sets in. Neither the ToE nor the BB theories are immune to this, but that scrutiny must be motivated by logic, reason, and empiricism, not by objections based on conflicts with authority, tradition, or such other dogmas as religious tenets. The latter is the reason that theists' attacks on science fail every time.
I agree completely.

But we have been going around in circles here for a long time.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#165311 May 13, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
But one with a point--sort of. EVERY idea should be subjected to scrutiny. When any are sacrosanct, dogma sets in. Neither the ToE nor the BB theories are immune to this, but that scrutiny must be motivated by logic, reason, and empiricism, not by objections based on conflicts with authority, tradition, or such other dogmas as religious tenets. The latter is the reason that theists' attacks on science fail every time.
Many theists are doing the science every day.

Atheists and materialists who operate most of science are capable of utilizing dogma every bit as much as theists.

It occasionally results in firings and lawsuits.

Not to mention falsification of data.

See: Peppered Moth

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#165312 May 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try.
You're dealing with a dumbass redneck.
You talkin' to me?

'Cause you look like you're talkin' to me!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165313 May 13, 2013
So you finally admit most scientists are non believers.

Thank you
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists and materialists who operate most of science.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165314 May 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You talkin' to me?
'Cause you look like you're talkin' to me!
Nah, you're much better than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min THE DEVIL 1,223,920
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 min tom wingo 29,720
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 41 min State the Obvious 309,752
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web