Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165241 May 12, 2013
Is that what you call shoving food in your mouth at the buffet? Using the fork to lift all the fried food in?

Lol!
Buck Crick wrote:
...the forklift was a let-down, in more ways than one.

Lexington, KY

#165242 May 12, 2013
Head injury geezer is back on his original screen name!

How goes it Dave? Chopped off anymore of your fingers lately?

Hope not
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>With just enough intelligence to fancy themselves such.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#165243 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its axiomatic, if you've been reading the thread.
In other words, you were being dishonest.

Carry on.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165244 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, atheists adhere to the doctrine of dishonesty and speciousness. That's just a small sampling of their tenets. You may have even noticed most typical topix atheists post responses using the word "we".
Well, since what you stated is not a doctrine, then you have demonstrated that you are a liar.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165245 May 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since what you stated is not a doctrine, then you have demonstrated that you are a liar.

Not just a liar, but a egotistical projecting fundamentalist christian liar, who has little moral compass or ability to question religious dogma. There is more to his fallacy but this is enough to disdain and reject the diatribes of the Bongo philosophy.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165246 May 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
here cod lady
ten·et
[ten-it; British also tee-nit] Show IPA

noun
any opinion, principle, doctrine, dogma, etc., especially one held as true by members of a profession, group, or movement
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165247 May 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just a liar, but a egotistical projecting fundamentalist christian liar, who has little moral compass or ability to question religious dogma. There is more to his fallacy but this is enough to disdain and reject the diatribes of the Bongo philosophy.
youre rejected, but youre used to that
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165248 May 12, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you were being dishonest.
Carry on.
seems you are unless you can prove there is no God or that atheism does not require faith. You just don't know , poor sap.

Lexington, KY

#165249 May 12, 2013
Atheism is just not believing in gods. That is all it means no matter how much you stamp your feet retard.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>here cod lady
tenĀ·et
[ten-it; British also tee-nit] Show IPA

noun
any opinion, principle, doctrine, dogma, etc., especially one held as true by members of a profession, group, or movement

Lexington, KY

#165250 May 12, 2013
The existence of god is the theistic claim so it is on them to provide the case for his existence.

Sorry that's how the real world works.
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>seems you are unless you can prove there is no God or that atheism does not require faith. You just don't know , poor sap.
Eurythmics

Prosperity, SC

#165251 May 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Awwww some christhole is talking to himself :))
<quoted text>
Why are all of you atheists such deplorable and mean people?
Eurythmics

Prosperity, SC

#165252 May 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The existence of god is the theistic claim so it is on them to provide the case for his existence.
Sorry that's how the real world works.
<quoted text>
Another belly-aching, angry, hopeless atheist trying to place his burdens on the peace-filled and joyful Christians.

I pity you as I watch you scurry and scramble with your anger and hopelessness, atheist.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#165253 May 12, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them want to abuse you,
Some of them want to be abused by you.
Sweet dreams are made of this.

Thanks for the memories.

Lexington, KY

#165254 May 12, 2013
Wow you had to make yet another screen name!

Epic fail much?
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>Another belly-aching, angry, hopeless atheist trying to place his burdens on the peace-filled and joyful Christians.

I pity you as I watch you scurry and scramble with your anger and hopelessness, atheist.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165255 May 12, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> youre rejected, but youre used to that
I'm exceptional and exemplary, you are an infection and substandard example.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#165256 May 12, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know-- I never met any atheists as you describe.

On the other hand?

Why do you reject Thor? He's a god WORTH your respect.

In contrast to your dead-and-maggot-filled-jew.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165257 May 12, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Another belly-aching, angry, hopeless atheist trying to place his burdens on the peace-filled and joyful Christians.
Peace-filled? You mean like all the ones in prison? Yeah, that's not a "peace" anyone should want.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#165258 May 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> seems you are unless you can prove there is no God or that atheism does not require faith. You just don't know , poor sap.
Must I prove the non-existence of every single mythical god that has ever been worshipped or just the one you worship?

And I suppose you could save me some time since you must have already proven that all of those other gods except yours don't exist. Right?

We'll wait.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#165259 May 13, 2013
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe quite a few learned from that alleged "Good book "?

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

We can see you are still engaged in your courageous battle with literacy and mental health.

Perhaps one day, you will gain sufficient education to join the 21st Century.

Save a atheist from the lake of fire - answer these two questions! ;)

Provide evidence that your God is the only true God in a way that religions other than yours cannot do.

Provide evidence that your holy book is true in a way that religions other than yours cannot do with theirs.

Until this time, and it will be an eternity - you are only one of many religious cult members - each claiming more or less the same immortality or enlightenment as others.

"Religion is comparable to a childhood neurosis." ~Sigmund Freud
Thinking

Poole, UK

#165260 May 13, 2013
You're just another sock, talking co*k.
Eurythmics wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min DBWriter 1,220,568
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr OzRitz 5,303
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr John-K 309,688
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr tom wingo 29,642
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web