Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
158,601 - 158,620 of 226,293 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#165146 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So far, no atheist believes in wizards at all, that's what the christian religion believes in.
Actually wizards are possible, men such as Archimedes, Tesla, Edison to name a few were considered wizards.
Sorcery is different from wizardry.
John Browning was THE gun wizard.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165147 May 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually wizards are possible, men such as Archimedes, Tesla, Edison to name a few were considered wizards.
Sorcery is different from wizardry.
John Browning was THE gun wizard.
Yu are kind of stretching the imagination here. It's great to think of magic as "technology we don't understand" in existentialism, but that is not what the stories describe, they very clearly state that these "powers" defy the laws of nature. That is not "technology not yet understood" but opposing all of known science. Of course, this would be required if it was a supernatural event in any way. Though you are correct, Tesla and Edison would have been hung as witches if the christian leaders were allowed full power, and the bible was to be obeyed.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165148 May 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Or all the other mythological creatures in the bible?
<quoted text>
Giants really existed, you know that fake bone was real.

Location hidden

#165149 May 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yu are kind of stretching the imagination here. It's great to think of magic as "technology we don't understand" in existentialism, but that is not what the stories describe, they very clearly state that these "powers" defy the laws of nature. That is not "technology not yet understood" but opposing all of known science. Of course, this would be required if it was a supernatural event in any way. Though you are correct, Tesla and Edison would have been hung as witches if the christian leaders were allowed full power, and the bible was to be obeyed.
It's actually within the definitions.

Free Dictionary.

2. A skilled or clever person: a wizard at math.

Dictionary.com

Also, whiz, wiz,[wiz] Show IPA a person of amazing skill or accomplishment: a wizard at chemistry.

Websters

3.: a very clever or skillful person <computer wizards>

You being a coder are a wizard of sorts. I'll bring the stake you bring the marshmallows. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165150 May 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually within the definitions.
Free Dictionary.
2. A skilled or clever person: a wizard at math.
Dictionary.com
Also, whiz, wiz,[wiz] Show IPA a person of amazing skill or accomplishment: a wizard at chemistry.
Websters
3.: a very clever or skillful person <computer wizards>
You being a coder are a wizard of sorts. I'll bring the stake you bring the marshmallows. lol
lol, okay, I concede. GLM can bring the lighter fluid.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165151 May 10, 2013
Yes the fake bones are totally real as are photoshopped pictures.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Giants really existed, you know that fake bone was real.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165152 May 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of religion does NOT mean the freedom to ignore scientific facts and lie about atheists.
You believe that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs. Fine. Just keep your hallucinations out of civilised society and schools and everything is cool.
Keep your cult in your livingrooms and away from impressionable minds.
Thats as much freedom fraudulent cults deserve.
To be fair, the notion of a powerful wizard/beast master riding dinosaurs while spreading the gospel is pretty awesome.

Saint Albans, Australia

#165153 May 11, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
You must have something to have faith is. What is it that Atheism would have to have faith in?
What else do you religious people have faith in?
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165154 May 11, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all of you atheist wizards still pursuing your futile quest to prove a deity does not exist?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#165156 May 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Are all of you atheist wizards still pursuing your futile quest to prove a deity does not exist?
None of you have provided even a hint of evidence that your god exists, so .... we don't need to. We're just babbling about other things for fun until one of you brain-dead idiots actually provides something concrete.
TShos

Prosperity, SC

#165158 May 11, 2013
reagal wrote:
<quoted text>
Most atheists like you claim they have proof that God does not exist. As of yet, I see nothing but proof that He does exist. You are empty (and full of anger).
Atheists are evil people. I've never seen one show any type of love for their fellow man.
Atheists are angry, vile, vulgar, disruptive, mad, full of rage , bitter, ungrateful, disrespectful, unpatriotic, selfish, and self-serving PIGS.
TShos

Prosperity, SC

#165159 May 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
None of you have provided even a hint of evidence that your god exists, so .... we don't need to. We're just babbling about other things for fun until one of you brain-dead idiots actually provides something concrete.
Thanx for showing us how brain dead you are, you blind idiot. We will overlook your arrogance for today.
TShos

Prosperity, SC

#165160 May 11, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Are all of you atheist wizards still pursuing your futile quest to prove a deity does not exist?
Do you find it funny to watch atheists squirm in their weak faith in atheism??? Their fear is astonishing.
TShos

Prosperity, SC

#165161 May 11, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
what else are you atheists angry about? I bet nothing, because you only fear God, you angry demon worshipper..
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#165162 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are evil people. I've never seen one show any type of love for their fellow man.
Atheists are angry, vile, vulgar, disruptive, mad, full of rage , bitter, ungrateful, disrespectful, unpatriotic, selfish, and self-serving PIGS.
youre PROJECTING

google it

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#165163 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#165164 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx for showing us how brain dead you are, you blind idiot. We will overlook your arrogance for today.
Feel the godbot love.

Lexington, KY

#165165 May 11, 2013
Yet another screen name?
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>what else are you atheists angry about? I bet nothing, because you only fear God, you angry demon worshipper..

Location hidden

#165166 May 11, 2013
TShos wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy mothers day to you too.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#165167 May 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yet another screen name?
<quoted text>
What is it with godbots and socks?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min fetch almighty 1,099,942
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••