Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,924)

Showing posts 158,461 - 158,480 of223,117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure your most creative abilities are dedicated to your ego enlargement.
The judgemental creationist piece of sh*t with no proof of god returns.
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, you are a racist bigot atheist, who does not even know that Imhotep was a black Israelite formerly known as Joseph.
Joseph

Name means the one who comes in peace
Was one of twelve siblings)
You're correct I don't know anything about Imhotep except...

The Upper Egyptian Famine Stela, dating from the Ptolemaic period, bears an inscription containing a legend about a famine of seven years during the reign of Djoser. Imhotep is credited with having been instrumental in ending it. One of his priests explained the connection between the god Khnum and the rise of the Nile to the king, who then had a dream in which the Nile god spoke to him, promising to end the drought.

These dreams are another factor which has led some scholars to associate Imhotep with the Biblical figure of Joseph.

A papyrus from the ancient Egyptian temple of Tebtunis, dating to the 2nd century AD, preserves a long story in the demotic script about Imhotep. King Djoser plays a prominent role in the story, which also mentions Imhotep's family; his father the god Ptah, his mother Khereduankh, and his little-sister Renpetneferet. At one point Djoser desires the young Renpetnefereret, and Imhotep disguises himself and tries to rescue her. The text also refers to the royal tomb of Djoser by which the Step Pyramid must be meant. An anachronistic detail is a battle between the Egyptian and Assyrian armies where Imhotep fights an Assyrian sorceress in a duel of magic.

In Ancient Egypt, Imhotep was considered to be an example of "personality cult" of Kemet, the notion that a person can be deified after his death and become some sort of a special intercessor for the living. Nonetheless, the conditions of Imhotep’s death are unknown. The mystery behind his death is amplified as his disappearance coincided with the disappearance of all his medical texts and architectural manuscripts. His tomb has never been found.

In addition, despite his major impact on Ancient Egyptian architecture and field of medicine, even ancient historians failed to write about him, which adds to his mystery. What makes this mystery somewhat ironic is that the name "Imhotep" in Ancient Egyptian language translates to “He who came in peace,” underlining the way he came into the world, made his impact, and left it in peace taking all his genius work with him. However, Imhotep became even more famous with his death and was worshipped for 2,000 years afterwards. Because of the mystery behind his death, he was considered as a demi-god. In Greek mythology, Asclepius was the god of medicine, therefore, Imhotep was often associated with him. Some even believed that he was Asclepius himself. Only statues made of him remained which referred to his genius mind and served to illustrate his existence on earth. After his death, he was known to be responsible for the use of columns and monumental stone in Egyptian architecture and considered to have fully advanced ancient Egyptian medicine.

Nevertheless, he slowly turned into a legend and then a myth.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently didn't read the article. Or my comment on it.
All you need to do is proof the god you're lying about. Thats all you need to do. We don;t need to do anything.

That's called the burden of proof: "if you hallucinate it, you have to prove t before anyone pays you any attention"
Imhotep

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Sir, you are a racist bigot atheist, who does not even know that Imhotep was a black Israelite formerly known as Joseph.
Joseph
Second in command under Pharoah
Lived to be 110 years of age
Great architect and builder
Stored up corn during 7 yrs of plenty
Saw seven years of famine - fed people
Interpreter of dreams
Built pyramids & palaces
Zaphnath-paaneah- Over physicians
Instituted a income tax of one fifth
Married into the Priesthood of On
Knowledge of astrology
Coat of many breadths/colors (pas)=wide tunic)
A poet and educated medical writer
Overseer of public works
Legendary history
Name means to add, increase, to join or gather together
Was one of twelve siblings
Imhotep
Second in command under Pharoah Djoser
Lived to be 110 years of age
Great architect and builder
Stored up corn during 7 yrs of plenty
Saw seven years of famine - fed people
Interpreter of dreams
Built the Step Pyramid & palaces
Was a physician
Instituted a income tax of one fifth
Married into the Priesthood of On
Knowledge of astrology
coat of many breadths/colors (pas)=wide tunic)
----------
A poet and educated medical writer
Overseer of public works
Legendary history
Name means the one who comes in peace
Was one of twelve siblings)
Joseph?

Like those of the Jewish writer Josephus, the works of the ancient historians Pliny, Suetonius and Tacitus do not provide proof that Jesus Christ ever existed as a "historical" character.

Pliny the Younger, Roman Official and Historian (62-113 CE)

Tacitus, Roman Politician and Historian,(c. 56-120 CE)

Suetonius, Roman Historian (c. 69-c. 122 CE)

When addressing the mythical nature of Jesus Christ, one issue repeatedly raised is the purported "evidence" of his existence to be found in the writings of Flavius Josephus, the famed Jewish general and historian who lived from about 37 to 100 CE.

In Josephus's Antiquities of the Jews appears the notorious passage regarding Christ called the "Testimonium Flavianum" ("TF"):

"Now, there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works,--a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day."

The are: No sculptures, no drawings, no markings in stone, nothing written in his own hand; and no letters, no commentaries, indeed no authentic documents written by his Jewish and Gentile contemporaries, Justice of Tiberius, Philo, Josephus, Seneca, Petronius Arbiter, Pliny the Elder, et al., to lend credence to his historicity."

In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed.

All of these historians were born well after the alleged events.

'Hearsay' is not 'evidence' for a reason!

Caesar by comparison is easily verified.

Next? LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is proof the god you're lying about. Thats all you need to do. We don;t need to do anything.
That's called the burden of proof: "if you hallucinate it, you have to prove t before anyone pays you any attention"
You are wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you. This is real life, not a debate class. You must be very young, or developmentally disadvanataged.

You gotta prove things for yourself. It is your ass when you get planted, no one else's.

Youngblood, there are many things you go through in life you don't understand or even agree with because of social necessities and pressures. Like going to war, or havinga job you hate so you can eat, Your death will remove you from those influences.

You are viewing existence as a trained monkey.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Was it your birth control pills?:)
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, Mr liberty guy, u were never good to me to start with but then u were very nice to me. Sorry, I flipped at u, as u can see, i've been having a crazy day today! I got out my car and my pills fell down the gutter, u know, it happens sometimes! SORRY!!! u have the right to punish me anyway u want (please have mercy)!!:-(

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

No Dave we read it, it's just we have not suffered the same head injuries you have and so we don't accept life after death rubbish.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You evidently didn't read the article. Or my comment on it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that Hiding, Happy Lesbo, River Tam, Kittenkoder and Christianity is Evil are not considered women in your life? Because if so, please step back and re-check your surroundings. Now, a real man, not you, would give a woman who regularly contains herself, Clementia, space and tolerance. It always amazes me how people measure out their judgment.
None of those women are IN MY LIFE numbnuts.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you. This is real life, not a debate class. You must be very young, or developmentally disadvanataged.
You gotta prove things for yourself. It is your ass when you get planted, no one else's.
Youngblood, there are many things you go through in life you don't understand or even agree with because of social necessities and pressures. Like going to war, or havinga job you hate so you can eat, Your death will remove you from those influences.
Actually this is your *life in a debate class.
Now take off your shoes and stfu and listen ,

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Was it your birth control pills?:)
<quoted text>
Yh, the invisible imaginary ones, u numpty!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All those things you listed, if you don't understand them, you are simply too stupid to live.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure your most creative abilities are dedicated to your ego enlargement.
Being creative is something you should probably not comment on since it is a totally foreign concept for you. I'm sure Renoir, Stravinsky, Holst, Wagner, Ellington, Evans, would all tell you the same.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I think Dave expects everyone to blindly accept his dithering. My grandpa is like that. If he says the sky is made of cheese it has to be made of cheese.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Actually this is your *life in a debate class.
Now take off your shoes and stfu and listen ,

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Lol! Was just asking. What kind of pills did you lose?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Yh, the invisible imaginary ones, u numpty!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Was just asking. What kind of pills did you lose?
<quoted text>
The invisible imaginary ones, i just told u! Do u even listen to me?

I didn't really lose any pills, i made that part up, i was just playing with u. What i have done is lost my watch like that tho, but never any pills. I suppose i would have to have pills in the first place so that i can lose them, that would make sense.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Oh okay.

Sorry about the watch was it an expensive one? I had a Rolex once but sold it for a profit lol!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>The invisible imaginary ones, i just told u! Do u even listen to me?

I didn't really lose any pills, i made that part up, i was just playing with u. What i have done is lost my watch like that tho, but never any pills. I suppose i would have to have pills in the first place so that i can lose them, that would make sense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh okay.
Sorry about the watch was it an expensive one? I had a Rolex once but sold it for a profit lol!
<quoted text>
lol.

Some things r more valuable than money, in the mind!

My grandfather got it me from Dubai, it was very unique and i was very attached to it. But i've lost a lot of things, so u get use to it.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Oh it was a family memento. Sorry about the loss
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>lol.

Some things r more valuable than money, in the mind!

My grandfather got it me from Dubai, it was very unique and i was very attached to it. But i've lost a lot of things, so u get use to it.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Abusive Christian get's caught red handed abusing and even threatening people with sock accounts on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2013/04/consciousness-afte r-death
Interesting article.
A Topix atheist takes his last breath. Ah..it is time for the big sleep.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Laying there in darkness and total isolation from the physical world outside for that sleep to come.
All the while neural circuits are disintegrating in his body and his mind, which of course includes his consciousness. Which is on its way to extinction.
Chemical decompostion. Random neuron firings. That lovely balanced brain they had, when alive, is now breaking down randomly. Would be nice if the terror circuits get broke before the higher intellect does.
Being just a product of meat, their consciousness WAS comprised of input signals from everywhere on their body working on that core of the brain circuitry. Flashes of what would have been pain injecting spurious signals within it. No more balance and self control. Scatterbrained.
Waiting.
Waiting.
A never ending nightmare.
It would never occur to evolution to provide you with a self thrown switch to ease your death.
Well, if you subscribe to the gene centered view of evolution, the pain, or lack thereof, of death becomes totally irrelevant. Probably still irrelevant even if you don't subscribe to that view. But I think you knew that, and just couldn't help yourself after you thought up that great line.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,461 - 158,480 of223,117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,071,997
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min katie 304,894
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 13 hr Sophia 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••