Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164998 May 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you. This is real life, not a debate class. You must be very young, or developmentally disadvanataged.
You gotta prove things for yourself. It is your ass when you get planted, no one else's.
Youngblood, there are many things you go through in life you don't understand or even agree with because of social necessities and pressures. Like going to war, or havinga job you hate so you can eat, Your death will remove you from those influences.
You are viewing existence as a trained monkey.
All those things you listed, if you don't understand them, you are simply too stupid to live.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#164999 May 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure your most creative abilities are dedicated to your ego enlargement.
Being creative is something you should probably not comment on since it is a totally foreign concept for you. I'm sure Renoir, Stravinsky, Holst, Wagner, Ellington, Evans, would all tell you the same.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#165000 May 5, 2013
I think Dave expects everyone to blindly accept his dithering. My grandpa is like that. If he says the sky is made of cheese it has to be made of cheese.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Actually this is your *life in a debate class.
Now take off your shoes and stfu and listen ,

Lexington, KY

#165001 May 5, 2013
Lol! Was just asking. What kind of pills did you lose?
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Yh, the invisible imaginary ones, u numpty!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#165002 May 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Was just asking. What kind of pills did you lose?
<quoted text>
The invisible imaginary ones, i just told u! Do u even listen to me?

I didn't really lose any pills, i made that part up, i was just playing with u. What i have done is lost my watch like that tho, but never any pills. I suppose i would have to have pills in the first place so that i can lose them, that would make sense.

Lexington, KY

#165003 May 5, 2013
Oh okay.

Sorry about the watch was it an expensive one? I had a Rolex once but sold it for a profit lol!
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>The invisible imaginary ones, i just told u! Do u even listen to me?

I didn't really lose any pills, i made that part up, i was just playing with u. What i have done is lost my watch like that tho, but never any pills. I suppose i would have to have pills in the first place so that i can lose them, that would make sense.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#165004 May 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh okay.
Sorry about the watch was it an expensive one? I had a Rolex once but sold it for a profit lol!
<quoted text>
lol.

Some things r more valuable than money, in the mind!

My grandfather got it me from Dubai, it was very unique and i was very attached to it. But i've lost a lot of things, so u get use to it.

Lexington, KY

#165005 May 5, 2013
Oh it was a family memento. Sorry about the loss
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>lol.

Some things r more valuable than money, in the mind!

My grandfather got it me from Dubai, it was very unique and i was very attached to it. But i've lost a lot of things, so u get use to it.

Lexington, KY

#165006 May 5, 2013
Abusive Christian get's caught red handed abusing and even threatening people with sock accounts on youtube.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165007 May 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2013/04/consciousness-afte r-death
Interesting article.
A Topix atheist takes his last breath. Ah..it is time for the big sleep.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Laying there in darkness and total isolation from the physical world outside for that sleep to come.
All the while neural circuits are disintegrating in his body and his mind, which of course includes his consciousness. Which is on its way to extinction.
Chemical decompostion. Random neuron firings. That lovely balanced brain they had, when alive, is now breaking down randomly. Would be nice if the terror circuits get broke before the higher intellect does.
Being just a product of meat, their consciousness WAS comprised of input signals from everywhere on their body working on that core of the brain circuitry. Flashes of what would have been pain injecting spurious signals within it. No more balance and self control. Scatterbrained.
Waiting.
Waiting.
A never ending nightmare.
It would never occur to evolution to provide you with a self thrown switch to ease your death.
Well, if you subscribe to the gene centered view of evolution, the pain, or lack thereof, of death becomes totally irrelevant. Probably still irrelevant even if you don't subscribe to that view. But I think you knew that, and just couldn't help yourself after you thought up that great line.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#165009 May 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Abusive Christian get's caught red handed abusing and even threatening people with sock accounts on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cgfftArz6wUXX
DA tends to spot stupid very well, and is not afraid to out people who are just scum. He's a gift to YouTube and the world.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#165011 May 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Buck, all we get from you any more are drive-by's.
Well, we're in control and have you detractors by the short hairs. We're on our way to improving your life while safeguarding your civil rights. Thank me later.
Never heard of the Gosnell dude. What'd he do wrong?
Although common in spoken english, "what'd" probably shouldn't be used in writing....

Can I say or write " How'd he do that?" instead of "How did he do that?" and "Why'd, When'd" instead of "Why did and When did?"

When'd??

Whatcha think?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165012 May 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cgfftArz6wUXX
OMG that dude's got no life.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#165013 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Although common in spoken english, "what'd" probably shouldn't be used in writing....
Can I say or write " How'd he do that?" instead of "How did he do that?" and "Why'd, When'd" instead of "Why did and When did?"
When'd??
Whatcha think?
Floccinaucilnihilpilificator.

I use those contractions, and others, in writing all the time.

So do you, don't you?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#165014 May 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobble, as in bobble head.
07May13.....Sticks and stones may break BobLoblah's bones, but names will Nevva hurt BobLoblah.

(Simon's - 50 ways to leave your lover)....and you may call me etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.....

Ps:....Looks like the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains still crawl out from underneath their rocks every now and then.

They still have NOT graduated above their one sentences and foul language and as hAtheists they are playing a 'losing' game.

Keep up the good verk,'Bongo'. You sure make these eeejits go screamin' off their schidt-filled skulls.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#165015 May 6, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>True. Religion isn't always what motivates such violence or terrorism. Religion certainly does nothing to inhibit it and religious divisions seem to encourage sectarianism.
<quoted text> Some were. Much violence has occurred due to religions beliefs, "holy land", and other gibberish held as sacred. Whoever heard of an atheist suicide bomber?
<quoted text>Spiritual people aren't obviously better or different than people like me who feel we have no spiritual side. We're all just human and the products of nature and nurture.
Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.
07May13.....ALL wars are fought over 'Land'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#165016 May 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No Dave we read it, it's just we have not suffered the same head injuries you have and so we don't accept life after death rubbish.
<quoted text>
We, as in typical topix atheist? You are a sordid deviant with over 17 thousand worthless vapid posts. A perfidious madman. All of you suffer from the head injury of foolish rebellion. The games in the next realm will begin, all in good time.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#165017 May 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When'd??
Whatcha think?
I took some Topixic license. You may do so as well.

When done on purpose, it's ok.

Catcher will respond to any other questions you or other posters may have regarding grammar.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165018 May 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Floccinaucilnihilpilif icator.
I use those contractions, and others, in writing all the time.
So do you, don't you?
I use why'd and how'd, but what'd and when'd? Naw.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#165019 May 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I took some Topixic license. You may do so as well.
When done on purpose, it's ok.
Catcher will respond to any other questions you or other posters may have regarding grammar.
"When done on purpose"

Ok, good.

When I type their instead of they're, it's on purpose and above correction from Catcher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,153,992
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 41 min LessHypeMoreFact 2,674
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 46 min Trojan 28,387
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014 201,167
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr The world is waiting 306,982
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 3 hr Roy The Boy 688
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web