Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255511 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#164909 May 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Me neither, but when I go to the local store to get the fresh croissants in, I can't buy a bottle of wine for Sunday lunch.
If there has to be one day where it is harder to buy alcohol, make it Monday or Tuesday. Why f**k up Sunday?
<quoted text>
They legalized Sunday alcohol sales in the next county and in the town limits of my county, but not in my county , stupid blue laws.
They go back to the horse and buggy days when they used to horse whip people and it was illegal to wash a horse in a tub on Sunday
or wear a gun in church. Public hangings and witch burnings allowed.
Elstupido christard laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law

Sorta like Sharia laws , imposed by religifruitstards.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164910 May 3, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep your self rightous, "i havent broken any laws of the land crap'' attitude..
I was wondering if you had the nerve to show up again, looks like i was right, cant fix stupidity..
i would recomend you staying out of the "cat nip"...
For the last 10 years of my life, basically since I became an adult, I have not broken any laws.
Thinking

Salisbury, UK

#164911 May 3, 2013
The thing is I don't need to buy alcohol on a Sunday before 10am, it's just one of those "hangovers" from a previous age. Especially since regular church attendance in the UK has dropped to just 6%.

Some great statistics here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_...
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
They legalized Sunday alcohol sales in the next county and in the town limits of my county, but not in my county , stupid blue laws.
They go back to the horse and buggy days when they used to horse whip people and it was illegal to wash a horse in a tub on Sunday
or wear a gun in church. Public hangings and witch burnings allowed.
Elstupido christard laws.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law
Sorta like Sharia laws , imposed by religifruitstards.
Thinking

Salisbury, UK

#164913 May 3, 2013
The policeman's mother?
Adam wrote:
Copmuter...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164914 May 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The policeman's mother?
<quoted text>
"Kopmutter"...

I'll buy that!

Laffin.
YTube

AOL

#164916 May 3, 2013

p r o o f_____1.5 BIL MUSLIMS SHORTLY TO DIE

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#164917 May 3, 2013
Muslims die all the time! Some from old age or disease, children raped to death, some from being suicide bombers.
YTube wrote:

p r o o f_____1.5 BIL MUSLIMS SHORTLY TO DIE

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#164918 May 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Muslims die all the time! Some from old age or disease, children raped to death, some from being suicide bombers.
<quoted text>
Some survive, despite being shot in the head...

http://www.google.com/imgres...
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#164919 May 4, 2013
Its important that interlopers like poster of the year, Buck, Dave, and the famous Bobloblah continue to repudiate and expose deviant prevaricating atheists.
Imhotep

Silver Springs, FL

#164920 May 4, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, BobBlowjob.
U R Welcome ButtCrack

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164921 May 4, 2013
BobLblah wrote:
<quoted text>04May13.....One thing for sure 'snatcher', and that is that you Really & Truly know how to spell BobLoblah while you spell 'Catcher' with a 1. Who in da hell spells 'catcher' with a 1...!!!

BobLoblah has been inside your schidt-for-brains for so long now that you haven't had a goot sleep for a long, long dime.

ALL 'Real' good members know BobLoblah and ALL 'evil' ones know BobLoblah even more.

Now, shove your head backUP inside your arseHole where it belongs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Wassatta, blah blah?

You get banned?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164922 May 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>It should be boob?
Bobble, as in bobble head.

Scottsburg, IN

#164923 May 4, 2013
Sad. You have to pity the people who suffer because of religion.
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Some survive, despite being shot in the head...

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Scottsburg, IN

#164924 May 4, 2013
Ya his other screen name was banned so he had to make a new one.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Wassatta, blah blah?

You get banned?

Lamar, CO

#164926 May 4, 2013
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/04/con...

Interesting article.

A Topix atheist takes his last breath. Ah..it is time for the big sleep.

Except he isn't sleepy.

Laying there in darkness and total isolation from the physical world outside for that sleep to come.

All the while neural circuits are disintegrating in his body and his mind, which of course includes his consciousness. Which is on its way to extinction.

Chemical decompostion. Random neuron firings. That lovely balanced brain they had, when alive, is now breaking down randomly. Would be nice if the terror circuits get broke before the higher intellect does.

Being just a product of meat, their consciousness WAS comprised of input signals from everywhere on their body working on that core of the brain circuitry. Flashes of what would have been pain injecting spurious signals within it. No more balance and self control. Scatterbrained.

Waiting.

Waiting.

A never ending nightmare.

It would never occur to evolution to provide you with a self thrown switch to ease your death.

Scottsburg, IN

#164927 May 4, 2013
I didn't see anything there about topix atheists perhaps your Alzheimer's created that?

Still threatening people with eternal hell gramps? Stick to using that line at church it will only get laughter here :)
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscie nce/2013/04/consciousness-afte r-death

A never ending nightmare..

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#164928 May 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Interesting article.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Laying there in darkness and total isolation from the physical world outside for that sleep to come.
All the while neural circuits are disintegrating in his body and his mind, which of course includes his consciousness. Which is on its way to extinction.
Chemical decompostion. Random neuron firings. That lovely balanced brain they had, when alive, is now breaking down randomly. Would be nice if the terror circuits get broke before the higher intellect does.
Being just a product of meat, their consciousness WAS comprised of input signals from everywhere on their body working on that core of the brain circuitry. Flashes of what would have been pain injecting spurious signals within it. No more balance and self control. Scatterbrained.
Waiting.
Waiting.
It would never occur to evolution to provide you with a self thrown switch to ease your death.
Evolution did. They're called endorphins.

Lamar, CO

#164929 May 4, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution did. They're called endorphins.
Uh huh.

Endorphins shut out some of the pain and sensations. Kind of works on an intact brain that has blood pumping.

It stops pumping when you are dying. In fact, most things tend to stop their normal processes in such an event.

Dead bodies are notorious for not being animated and a certain lack of interactiveness between the body and the mind.

Your brain portion, your consciousness center, is a little pool of quivering chemicals within the greater mass breaking down randomly.

Little pools of oxygen throughout the body and the brain, chemical processes, and the accompanying neural activity, which all add up to your physical consciousness. All falling apart piecemeal. Uncontrolled thinking. Memory banks being flushed. No escape for a physical consciousness.

Not an organized shutdown. But YOU will be the center of it. And the one affected.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#164930 May 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Interesting article.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Waiting.
Waiting.
When you get to the bottom of things they usually paint quite a different picture.

"Parnia's belief is backed up by his experience at the margin of life and death in intensive care units for the past two decades – he did his training at Guy's and St Thomas' in London – and particularly in the past five years or so when most of the advances in resuscitation have occurred.

*Those advances – most notably the (drastic cooling of the corpse to slow neuronal deterioration and the monitoring and maintenance of oxygen levels to the brain)– have not yet become accepted possibilities in the medical profession. Parnia is on a mission to change that."

Note the *()

What this doctor has realized , is there is a larger window of successfully bringing a person back from clinical death without resulting in a person in a vegetative state due to brain damage.
Nothing suggests supernatural, it does suggest that memory does not degrade terribly if the blood /brain cooling methods are used
and more time is allowed in getting the patient to respond to treatments and restarting the patients heart.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/apr/06...

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#164931 May 4, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Interesting article.
Except he isn't sleepy.
Waiting.
Waiting.
You had me worried, dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,395,119
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,856
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,289
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Junket 311,338
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web