Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164742 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't.
Nor would I bother trying.
Then based on your evidence for your god, you must also believe that leprechauns are real.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#164743 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First you'll have to provide evidence that they're both fictional.
Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass again.
There you go again, asking someone to prove a negative, WTF IS.....the matter with you? Why is logic such a foreign concept to you?????? Is that what happens when an imaginary thing touches you on the head,,,,,,all logic and reason become nonexistent?......yeah, I thought so!!!!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164744 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then based on your evidence for your god, you must also believe that leprechauns are real.
They never seem to get that.

*headdesk*

Ow.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164745 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?

To what evidence are you referring?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164746 May 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again, asking someone to prove a negative, WTF IS.....the matter with you? Why is logic such a foreign concept to you?????? Is that what happens when an imaginary thing touches you on the head,,,,,,all logic and reason become nonexistent?......yeah, I thought so!!!!!!
There you go again, assuming that providing evidence that Jesus is fictional is equivalent to proving a negative.

Hey man, GLM made the claim - that Jesus & Q are both fictional characters. The onus is on him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164747 May 1, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>They never seem to get that.
*headdesk*
Ow.
I await her response as the what evidence she is referring to....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#164748 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
To what evidence are you referring?
Eye witnesses. Since that's all you have is "personal testimony," same thing, you cannot deny one and assert the other is real.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#164749 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, assuming that providing evidence that Jesus is fictional is equivalent to proving a negative.
Hey man, GLM made the claim - that Jesus & Q are both fictional characters. The onus is on him.
Can you prove Q is fictional?

Since: Mar 11

Lawrenceville, GA

#164750 May 1, 2013
It makes you wonder why theists always work so hard to change the subject when non believers ask for proof of their god.

If the believer is unable to demonstrate observable proof, why not just admit it and submit that the atheist in on solid ground for not believing because of that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164751 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Eye witnesses. Since that's all you have is "personal testimony," same thing, you cannot deny one and assert the other is real.
Sure I can. I've never believed that leprechauns are real AND I have no personal eyewitness testimony regarding leprechauns AND I have no personal anecdotal evidence regarding leprechauns, I can safely say that to me leprechauns are not real.

I can say the exact opposite of God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164752 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove Q is fictional?
No. But I can't provide sufficient evidence showing that Q is a fictional character from a fictional television show. Do you have a point?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164753 May 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It makes you wonder why theists always work so hard to change the subject when non believers ask for proof of their god.
If the believer is unable to demonstrate observable proof, why not just admit it and submit that the atheist in on solid ground for not believing because of that?
We have, or at least I have. Countless times I've written on Topix that I cannot prove God to you, that that is something between you and God.

You just choose not to read that part.

Lexington, KY

#164754 May 1, 2013
No I understand it just fine but you can't compare emotions to a supernatural being that appeared in all his glory to millions of Jews at the base of a mountain and routinely spoke and performed miracles in their time of need.

Sorry it's like comparing apples to skyscrapers, it just doesn't work.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you didn't understand the analogy.

You're hopeless.

Lexington, KY

#164755 May 1, 2013
Because they like god are merely works of fiction.

Glad you agree, apology accepted.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I can't.

Nor would I bother trying.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#164756 May 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus and Q are both fictitious characters, he was just stating a fact. Now if you want to dispute these FACTS, then have at it!!!!

Lexington, KY

#164757 May 1, 2013
In both cases they are written by people wanting to entertain and tell a story. They both have supernatural powers that violate the laws of physics. Neither has been observed outside of their fictional stories, although you can meet and get autographs from actors who played the role.

The only difference being that people as far as I know do not pray to Q.

There is equal amounts of secular proof for a historical Q continuum as there is for Jesus of Nazareth. Perhaps 1000 years from now Q will be worshipped as a god?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>First you'll have to provide evidence that they're both fictional.

Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass again.

Lexington, KY

#164758 May 1, 2013
Yes and they tried to extract vengeance on Q after he was stripped of his powers. He even was going to sacrifice himself to save everyone on board the enterprise.

He went from being a god to a humble man who could be killed, and with no guarantee of his survival or continued existence he faced certain death. Jesus knew he was going to be resurrected in comparison.

As far as saviors go I say Q has to win! He had more to lose and still was ready to die for a group of people who totally hated him.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>He also messed with the Calamarain too much. I think he killed some of them.

Lexington, KY

#164759 May 1, 2013
Why can't you show observable evidence for god? Why did he seem to vanish as more and more people became literate?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>We have, or at least I have. Countless times I've written on Topix that I cannot prove God to you, that that is something between you and God.

You just choose not to read that part.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164760 May 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
No I understand it just fine but you can't compare emotions to a supernatural being that appeared in all his glory to millions of Jews at the base of a mountain and routinely spoke and performed miracles in their time of need.
Sorry it's like comparing apples to skyscrapers, it just doesn't work.
<quoted text>
See? You didn't understand.

I never compared emotions to God.

I compared the impossibility of proving either - especially on a forum like this.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164761 May 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Because they like god are merely works of fiction.
Glad you agree, apology accepted.
<quoted text>
Wrong again, scooter.

Unless you think you can prove God is a "work of fiction"......

You've been trying and trying and trying.

And getting nowhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,144,183
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min -Michelle- 306,600
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 28,249
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr Earthling-1 2,196
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 18 hr Star On 47 645
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Tue Mr bobo 145
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Nov 22 ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE