Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164713 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
Are they documented records of this transition? As in fish to land animal, etc etc... You know the ones Darwin spoke of?
Yes, for Bog's sake! Do you know NOTHING?

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164714 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
Are they documented records of this transition? As in fish to land animal, etc etc... You know the ones Darwin spoke of?
They signed in before they took off cross country?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164716 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
You are a transitional form. Every living thing is. You don't know what evolution is because you waste more time trying to deny it than study it, if you knew anything about it, you'd not post something as stupid as you just did.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164717 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a transitional form. Every living thing is. You don't know what evolution is because you waste more time trying to deny it than study it, if you knew anything about it, you'd not post something as stupid as you just did.
Really?/ I am aware i and all species transform over time. I can see that daily..

Well be so kind as to enlighten me then??

Since people like you and many others think man kind has ''evolved''!!! And in fact they would be dated records of fossils that prove this transition correct???

So what is the ''Theory of Evolution''??

Location hidden

#164718 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, for Bog's sake! Do you know NOTHING?
Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KurTiX4FDuQXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Funny, but obviously you are down playing the question...

Btw they even have flying fish too,, imagine that huh!!

Location hidden

#164719 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But they're not so answer the question which fictional person would win in a fight to the death Jesus or Q?
<quoted text>
Your question is flawd, Jesus is real to me.

Best you ask an Atheist that question if ya want a response thats satisfactory..

Location hidden

#164720 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?/ I am aware i and all species transform over time. I can see that daily..
Since people like you and many others think man kind has ''evolved''!!! And in fact they would be dated records of fossils that prove this transition correct???
Yes since the first Archaic Homo sapiens distinct differences have been identified. The first Homo Sapiens had larger thicker bones, thicker skulls, they tended to be shorter in general and brain mass is shrinking though intelligence is rising. They also tended to be more muscular and had bigger teeth. 30,000 ya today man was slightly different.

Location hidden

#164721 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
A transitional species was hypothesized, it was discussed where it would be located, about what time period it existed and what it would look like. It took 5 years to find it, but using the knowledge of evolution and the prediction was perfect, the creature existed exactly as was thought. The creature that bridged between fish and amphibian was found.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/news...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164722 Apr 30, 2013
Jesus and Q are both works of fiction.

What one character is to you is irrelevant in this case. Personally I think Q would destroy him in under a minute and be ruling heaven and hell by lunch.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Your question is flawd, Jesus is real to me.

Best you ask an Atheist that question if ya want a response thats satisfactory..

Location hidden

#164723 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Jesus and Q are both works of fiction.
What one character is to you is irrelevant in this case. Personally I think Q would destroy him in under a minute and be ruling heaven and hell by lunch.
<quoted text>
Q being the curious miscreant but not a murderer, would enjoy toying with the son of god, to humiliate but not to destroy him. What would be a comical play would be to throw Q , nomad , Khan, and Jesus together in a debate with Spock as the mediator.

Lawrenceville, GA

#164724 Apr 30, 2013
Lol that would be epic!

Well Q has killed before remember that tornado he dropped on that Q couple's heads? Lol!

Still it would be an epic debate :)
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Q being the curious miscreant but not a murderer, would enjoy toying with the son of god, to humiliate but not to destroy him. What would be a comical play would be to throw Q , nomad , Khan, and Jesus together in a debate with Spock as the mediator.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164725 Apr 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>

The first Homo Sapiens had larger thicker bones, thicker skulls, they tended to be shorter in general and brain mass is shrinking...
Sounds like typical Auburn football recruits.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#164726 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
How much do you know about fossils? If you want to know more, the Wikipedia article on them is a good place to start. It is very detailed for a relatively short work, and the references, suggestions for further reading, and external links provide access to more detailed studies if you want to delve into them at a more detailed level. Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#164727 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are so many excellent articles describing the Theory of Evolution that are just a google away that asking anyone here to write a new one is not all that realistic. Again, Wikipedia is a good starting point. Avoid sites that are set up to refute the theory, though, as they distort the data. Conservapedia is probably the least useful source on the web.

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#164728 May 1, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why can't the smartest in science create an offspring between species that can reproduce?
Because Mother Nature isn't stupid.

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#164729 May 1, 2013
Here's an idea why don't you get your God to prove he is real by creating an offspring between two species that can reproduce????(as above)

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164731 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?
One big problem many people have is that speciation tends to be messy. It is fairly common for a single ancestor species to produce several different descendant species. Some of these will die out (go extinct) and some will survive. But, because they are so closely related it is difficult in many cases to figure out *exactly* which were the species that died out and which were the ones that survived because *their* descendants were different still.

This means that the fossil record is closer to a collection of family pictures with dates, but no identification of who is married to whom, who was who's child, etc. If some of those pictures get lost in a storm, it can be quite difficult to determine exact genealogy just from those pictures. But we *can* say that this is a family that has changed over the generations.

So, yes, we do see evolutionary transitions. The best evidence for higher level transition is for fish to amphibian, reptile to mammal, dinosaur to bird. But we can also follow different lines of descent in the dinosaurs, or in different lines of mammals, or in snails, or in insects, or in horses, or in camels, or in.....

But it will be very difficult to know whether, say, archaeopterix was the ancestor of all modern birds or whether a closely related species from about the same time and having the same ancestor was. There is no question that it was closely related to that common ancestor, though.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#164732 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you see *individuals* change daily. You do not see species change daily. Evolution is about *populations* changing.
Correct. Here's a good starting point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
Here's a good starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164733 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not evolution, that's aging.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
A genetic change of the population. Meaning, tiny differences that add up, like hair color, skin color, etc. The genetic traits are more successful are passed to the next generation, the failed one do not. What you are looking for, the corcoduck, would destroy the theory of evolution and pretty much every theory in biology.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#164734 May 1, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is flawd, Jesus is real to me.
There are various ways in determining if something is real or not. What methodology do you use to determine if something is real? Maybe you mean Jesus is real because that is simply what you believe but realize that in fact he is only something imagined. Yes, I'm sure thats it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TSM 1,111,128
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 47 min Crambulay 200,987
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Brian_G 305,709
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Bruin For Life 27,449
Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... Mon johnnyj 1
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••