Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164700 Apr 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that the starting point is the observation that there is a consistent sequence of layers and a corresponding consistent sequence of fossil animals, plants, molds, pollens, etc. Also, the observation that certain plants, animals, and/or chemical properties only appear in certain layers.
It is the consistent sequence that gives the *relative* dates: which things are older and which are younger. So even without absolute dates (exact ages), we can still see how species change over time, how geological processes work, etc. We can even use the characteristic fossils to get relative dates.
The absolute dates typically (not always) come from radioactive analysis of igneous layers. We can then use the relative dates obtained from the sequencing to get ranges of absolute dates for the other layers.
Now, a person working *today*, after all the hard work of finding the sequences, finding the characteristic fossils, finding the absolute dates, etc has been done, can look at a particular layer and the fossils in it and get a pretty reliable date. More accuracy can be had if there are local igneous layers that can be dated more accurately.
So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?

Location hidden

#164701 Apr 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is a difference: having a religion is having a set group of people that tell you what to do. Having a relationship with God is having an imaginary friend.
I agree with your first statement, but of course we will just have to agree to disagree with your last one...:)

Location hidden

#164702 Apr 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I *really* hope you are joking. Yes, we went to the moon. The technology was there. The desire was there. The build up was there. The direction of the signals was there. The infrastructure was there.
Let's face it. If the moon landings were faked, the Soviet Union would have touted that to the world. They would have been able to tell from the direction of signals, just as *amateur* radio operators were.
Yes of course i was joking.. it was sarcasm toward the rude and non-civil poster...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164703 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?
Yes.

All species are transitional.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164704 Apr 30, 2013
Who would win in a fight to the death Jesus or Q?
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?

The Borderland of Sol

#164705 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Gandalf.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#164706 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Then why can't the smartest in science create an offspring between species that can reproduce?

Location hidden

#164707 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Hmm, ok.

Are they documented records of this transition? As in fish to land animal, etc etc... You know the ones Darwin spoke of?

The Borderland of Sol

#164708 Apr 30, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why can't the smartest in science create an offspring between species that can reproduce?
Huh?

Is that some sort of requirement?

Sez who?

Location hidden

#164709 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus and Q are the same?, then both would loose..

Lexington, KY

#164710 Apr 30, 2013
Not one of the options although that would be a good fight between two fictional characters :)
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Gandalf.

Lexington, KY

#164711 Apr 30, 2013
But they're not so answer the question which fictional person would win in a fight to the death Jesus or Q?
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>If Jesus and Q are the same?, then both would loose..
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

#164712 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
Is that some sort of requirement?
Sez who?
The ones that try to make the argument that if you can't quantify, test and reproduce it in a lab, then it is just hot air!

That's who!

The Borderland of Sol

#164713 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
Are they documented records of this transition? As in fish to land animal, etc etc... You know the ones Darwin spoke of?
Yes, for Bog's sake! Do you know NOTHING?

Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164714 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
They signed in before they took off cross country?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164716 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, ok.
You are a transitional form. Every living thing is. You don't know what evolution is because you waste more time trying to deny it than study it, if you knew anything about it, you'd not post something as stupid as you just did.

Location hidden

#164717 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a transitional form. Every living thing is. You don't know what evolution is because you waste more time trying to deny it than study it, if you knew anything about it, you'd not post something as stupid as you just did.
Really?/ I am aware i and all species transform over time. I can see that daily..

Well be so kind as to enlighten me then??

Since people like you and many others think man kind has ''evolved''!!! And in fact they would be dated records of fossils that prove this transition correct???

So what is the ''Theory of Evolution''??

Location hidden

#164718 Apr 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, for Bog's sake! Do you know NOTHING?
Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KurTiX4FDuQXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Funny, but obviously you are down playing the question...

Btw they even have flying fish too,, imagine that huh!!

Location hidden

#164719 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But they're not so answer the question which fictional person would win in a fight to the death Jesus or Q?
<quoted text>
Your question is flawd, Jesus is real to me.

Best you ask an Atheist that question if ya want a response thats satisfactory..

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164720 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?/ I am aware i and all species transform over time. I can see that daily..
Well be so kind as to enlighten me then??
Since people like you and many others think man kind has ''evolved''!!! And in fact they would be dated records of fossils that prove this transition correct???
So what is the ''Theory of Evolution''??
Yes since the first Archaic Homo sapiens distinct differences have been identified. The first Homo Sapiens had larger thicker bones, thicker skulls, they tended to be shorter in general and brain mass is shrinking though intelligence is rising. They also tended to be more muscular and had bigger teeth. 30,000 ya today man was slightly different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 55 min IBdaMann 2,657
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 55 min RC Hotstuff 1,153,042
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 28,358
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Country Girl 306,951
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr JAX 201,148
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web