Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,910)

Showing posts 158,181 - 158,200 of223,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Well... who do you think disagreed with discussing the square root of minus one?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Mac said fundies "don't know the first effin' thing about their bible. Or science. Or debate."
That's a baseless claim

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Well... who do you think disagreed with discussing the square root of minus one?
<quoted text>
you're dumb

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I *really* hope you are joking. Yes, we went to the moon. The technology was there. The desire was there. The build up was there. The direction of the signals was there. The infrastructure was there.
Let's face it. If the moon landings were faked, the Soviet Union would have touted that to the world. They would have been able to tell from the direction of signals, just as *amateur* radio operators were.
Speaking of I learned in the early 60s the Russians bounced radio signals off the moon to fool us into thinking they had people orbiting the moon , and that they may have sent some cosmonauts to their death in the first attempts to put men in space
because they had no idea how to make a reentry work.
They say they even went as far as air brushing some of them out of pictures to cover it up. Brave Russian died and got not even the credit for it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What 'negative' would you like me to prove?
READ, the post again, and this time REALLY try and pay attention. I NEVER asked you to prove a negative!!!! Remember just how important COMPREHENSION is!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, that means you spent tones of money on it then. According to your religious background'(s)..
What you posted here is pure projection.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What 'negative' would you like me to prove?
Prove leprechauns do not exist.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>

Heck I wish I could prove one did exist!
I have lots of straw :) lol

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck I wish I could prove one did exist!
I have lots of straw :) lol
That would be so cool. Rumple- however you spell it, I forgot.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be an atheist pastime?
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do exists.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that the starting point is the observation that there is a consistent sequence of layers and a corresponding consistent sequence of fossil animals, plants, molds, pollens, etc. Also, the observation that certain plants, animals, and/or chemical properties only appear in certain layers.
It is the consistent sequence that gives the *relative* dates: which things are older and which are younger. So even without absolute dates (exact ages), we can still see how species change over time, how geological processes work, etc. We can even use the characteristic fossils to get relative dates.
The absolute dates typically (not always) come from radioactive analysis of igneous layers. We can then use the relative dates obtained from the sequencing to get ranges of absolute dates for the other layers.
Now, a person working *today*, after all the hard work of finding the sequences, finding the characteristic fossils, finding the absolute dates, etc has been done, can look at a particular layer and the fossils in it and get a pretty reliable date. More accuracy can be had if there are local igneous layers that can be dated more accurately.
So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is a difference: having a religion is having a set group of people that tell you what to do. Having a relationship with God is having an imaginary friend.
I agree with your first statement, but of course we will just have to agree to disagree with your last one...:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I *really* hope you are joking. Yes, we went to the moon. The technology was there. The desire was there. The build up was there. The direction of the signals was there. The infrastructure was there.
Let's face it. If the moon landings were faked, the Soviet Union would have touted that to the world. They would have been able to tell from the direction of signals, just as *amateur* radio operators were.
Yes of course i was joking.. it was sarcasm toward the rude and non-civil poster...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?
Yes.

All species are transitional.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Who would win in a fight to the death Jesus or Q?
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>So during this research, do you guys find any signs of evolutionary transition taking place with the fossils?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Gandalf.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Then why can't the smartest in science create an offspring between species that can reproduce?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Hmm, ok.

Are they documented records of this transition? As in fish to land animal, etc etc... You know the ones Darwin spoke of?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why can't the smartest in science create an offspring between species that can reproduce?
Huh?

Is that some sort of requirement?

Sez who?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus and Q are the same?, then both would loose..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,181 - 158,200 of223,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••