Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164674 Apr 30, 2013
Some have stopped buying the snake oil unlike who...
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, that means you spent tones of money on it then. According to your religious background'(s)..
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#164675 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im moving forward with great speed, and well off i might add. Accomplished that without a science book, dufec.. Its you who should get educated and learn how to communicate on a civil level, other than that of a self absorbd arrogant prick behind a computer screen tapping a key board!
<quoted text>
Really? we went to the moon? Surely you dont believe that do ya??:> That was staged in hollywood..... You should try reading the only BOOK worth reading, Holy Bible... It will take you above and beyond the moon. It's you who remain willfully ignorant, a fool. Those who are ignorant let them remain ignorant, so please carry on..
<quoted text>
Knowledge abounds but wisdom is rare. Hats off to the science world, they have done many great things. So get ur panties out of a wadd.
So....They "staged" the moon landing? You might to ask yourself how the mirrors they use for laser measurements got on the surface of the moon.

The bible is the only book worth reading?...really? Why would I want to read a book that condones slavery and rape? You do realize how immoral the bible is right? If the bib is truly the word of God, then he/she/it is a cruel murdering fanatic. Here is what is contained in your "The only book worth reading" Genocide, rape, slavery, blood sacrifice, laws that require a rape victim to marry her rapist, the wonton murder of little babies, and the destroying of unborn fetuses. All of these are present i the bible. Care to try a refute any of this?.....No I didn't think so. Its a book written by frighten old men, a book with NO original manuscripts, a book written by multiple authors, many can't even agree on timelines and events. A book that has been translated to the point were any original meaning is lost. Now let me hear you make a feeble attempt to defend this immoral holy book.

Lexington, KY

#164676 Apr 30, 2013
The bible says disease is caused by demons.... Imagine the lives Jesus would have saved if he had commanded people to cover their mouth and nose when sneezing.
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, that means you spent tones of money on it then. According to your religious background'(s)..

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164677 Apr 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
Because Mac said fundies "don't know the first effin' thing about their bible. Or science. Or debate."

That's a baseless claim

Location hidden

#164678 Apr 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The details will have to be worked out.
But I'm glad you're with the program.
You weren't a while back, were you?
If you're implying that I'm for any kind of amnesty for illegals, you're wrong.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#164679 Apr 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Same old lame ass tactic eh!!! When confronted with absolutely no argument, try turning it around and ask for someone to prove a negative. It has been explained to you time and time again that anyone with any intelligence at all, KNOWS that the person with the POSITIVE claim shoulders the burden of proof. For most of us Bertrand Russell's celestial teapot analogy put an end to that argument years ago, guess you didn't get the memo, how embarrassing for you!!!! Every time you take this tact your idiot meter spikes. It must suck to have no argument for the existence of your demon God, and have to resort to idiotic ploys!!!!!
You should have been here for the "Prove you have hands" cycle. Laughed my ass off!

Location hidden

#164680 Apr 30, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Same old lame ass tactic eh!!! When confronted with absolutely no argument, try turning it around and ask for someone to prove a negative.
What 'negative' would you like me to prove?

Location hidden

#164681 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Did your god walk with Adam and Eve? Did he wrestle with Jacob and even injure his leg while rolling on the ground with him? Does he not speak to people and have back and forth conversation with them? Show his glory to them?
I could go on but obviously you have idea what I am talking about as your bible knowledge is elementary at best. So yes there are several passages stating your god is a supernatural being or entity.
So god is an entity not a mere emotion, unless you disagree with the bible?
<quoted text>
Before we can continue this, you're gonna hafta demonstrate where I said anything similar to "god is an emotion".

Go.

Knoxville, TN

#164682 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow,, thats a very young age to be aware of religion.. So you dont see a difference between having religion as to having a relationship with God?
I do, and if I believed there was a God, I'd pursue it. But I've lived a rather long time now, and looked for God in more ways than would even occur to most people. I honestly believe that if one existed, I would have found it. I hope you don't think you're going to enlighten me. Not gonna happen.

Location hidden

#164683 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Childish argument that I am surprised any adult would stoop to.
If a rambling man on the street said to give him all your money to build a weapon because giant ninja turtles will come and take over your city would you do it? If you said no and he shrieked that they exist unless you can prove they don't would you waste your time doing so? Of course not. Assertions made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Sorry that's just how the real world works.
Why not just show proof that your god exists it is your claim so either back it up with observable evidence or the atheist in on solid ground.
If unable to I accept your surrender.
<quoted text>
HA HA !!

You talk about ME being childish then you bring up ninja turtles?

Dude...

Knoxville, TN

#164684 Apr 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So eagle is also langoliers? Hmmm not surprised.
<quoted text>
Yes, he is.

Lexington, KY

#164685 Apr 30, 2013
When you made the god/love comparison.

You really suck at this don't you ditch digger?

Oh well thanks for the laughs!:)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Before we can continue this, you're gonna hafta demonstrate where I said anything similar to "god is an emotion".

Go.

Lexington, KY

#164686 Apr 30, 2013
I brought them up as a delusion that you would not waste your time in trying to disprove to a shrieking lunatic on the street yes.

Thank you for validating my point. Apology accepted.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA !!

You talk about ME being childish then you bring up ninja turtles?

Dude...

Lexington, KY

#164687 Apr 30, 2013
Rather sad how people need to make up dozens of screen names like that.

They take this little forum way too seriously.
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, he is.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#164688 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're implying that I'm for any kind of amnesty for illegals, you're wrong.
Make up your mind!

Yesterday you even discussed the details of the immigration reform that would satisfy you. Now you're not in favor of "any kind" of reform.

Is it something in the air over in Riverside? Or is your last cylinder pooping out?
Thinking

London, UK

#164689 Apr 30, 2013
Well... who do you think disagreed with discussing the square root of minus one?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Mac said fundies "don't know the first effin' thing about their bible. Or science. Or debate."
That's a baseless claim

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#164690 Apr 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Well... who do you think disagreed with discussing the square root of minus one?
<quoted text>
you're dumb

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164691 Apr 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I *really* hope you are joking. Yes, we went to the moon. The technology was there. The desire was there. The build up was there. The direction of the signals was there. The infrastructure was there.
Let's face it. If the moon landings were faked, the Soviet Union would have touted that to the world. They would have been able to tell from the direction of signals, just as *amateur* radio operators were.
Speaking of I learned in the early 60s the Russians bounced radio signals off the moon to fool us into thinking they had people orbiting the moon , and that they may have sent some cosmonauts to their death in the first attempts to put men in space
because they had no idea how to make a reentry work.
They say they even went as far as air brushing some of them out of pictures to cover it up. Brave Russian died and got not even the credit for it.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#164692 Apr 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What 'negative' would you like me to prove?
READ, the post again, and this time REALLY try and pay attention. I NEVER asked you to prove a negative!!!! Remember just how important COMPREHENSION is!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#164693 Apr 30, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, that means you spent tones of money on it then. According to your religious background'(s)..
What you posted here is pure projection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,125,385
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr R TRUTH 27,913
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr black man1 1,503
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr PieceMaker 448
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr sassyjm 306,223
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 17 Mary Downformore 201,187
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE