Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164375 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting indeed.... You wrote:
"But I don't have complete trust that there is no god. I don't have complete trust that there are no leprechauns.
Just because I have seen equal evidence for both, I does not mean that I know that they don't exist."
Which is a statement of your faith. I didn't say anything about what your faith is, just that you posted a statement about it.
I don't understand, what is it you want me to debate you about when you post aboput your own faith about God and leprechauns?
Did we establish that faith was complete trust in someone or something?

Didn't I say that I do not have complete trust in a god or that there is no god? Ergo, I do not have faith.
christianity is EVIL

Lower Sackville, Canada

#164377 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>If you reject that there is a God, then God ordered no killing, it was just man deciding to kill. Now, if you accept as you claim that God ordered a killing, then you accept that He is Go and not a man. So, that his killing is even less so than you killing time or killing an ant. I am certain that the ant screams at you "murderer". Also, consider that you to God are another life form, like plants. So, each time you step on grass, the grass would scream " murderer, murderer".
On the other hand if you accept that animals and plants are here for our purpose, then you must accept that the giver of that purpose, God, put us here for his purpose.
The thing that you must know is this, God gives life and appoints the time. If you live to be 120, then so be it. If God decides that you are a waste of air and space, then your life may be cut-off at age 20. So, stop killing time, it may scream at you "murderer, murderer".
IF god interferes in your life in you can NOT have free will,..

can you prove god exist?

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164378 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Well really atheism requires more faith. They are foundationless and their rationale is so varied and inconsistent. Consider the entire basis of what they believe is based on wat they do not believe and that is based on what someone else believes. Imagine if you lost a million dollars in silver dollars and you chose to try not to find it, you refused to use a medal detector and although it was lost in Africa, you are in Europe trying to prove it is not lost. Basically atheists do not want to find something that if found would be priceless.
Exactly,,kinda like a thief hunting and searching for a policman!

christianity is EVIL

Lower Sackville, Canada

#164380 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Well really atheism requires more faith. They are foundationless and their rationale is so varied and inconsistent. Consider the entire basis of what they believe is based on wat they do not believe and that is based on what someone else believes. Imagine if you lost a million dollars in silver dollars and you chose to try not to find it, you refused to use a medal detector and although it was lost in Africa, you are in Europe trying to prove it is not lost. Basically atheists do not want to find something that if found would be priceless.
you dont seem to know anything about atheism

read and learn

www.atheists.org

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164381 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>If you reject that there is a God, then God ordered no killing, it was just man deciding to kill. Now, if you accept as you claim that God ordered a killing,
Say what?!?! I don't accept that there is a god who needs people to kill other people for it. I said that the christian/jewish/muslim god, according to the bible, demands that it's followers kill for it.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
then you accept that He is Go and not a man. So, that his killing is even less so than you killing time or killing an ant. I am certain that the ant screams at you "murderer". Also, consider that you to God are another life form, like plants. So, each time you step on grass, the grass would scream " murderer, murderer".
WTF? Are you trippin' on something?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
On the other hand if you accept that animals and plants are here for our purpose, then you must accept that the giver of that purpose, God, put us here for his purpose.
The thing that you must know is this, God gives life and appoints the time. If you live to be 120, then so be it. If God decides that you are a waste of air and space, then your life may be cut-off at age 20. So, stop killing time, it may scream at you "murderer, murderer".
Good job! You really had me going there. I thought for a moment that you were being serious! LOL! Good one!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164382 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Black holes have never been observed, only their supposed effects.
The very same thing we can say about tornado's and the sun but it doesn't make them any less real.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164384 Apr 28, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where has God asked or demenaded Christians to kill in the NT?
Thats easy to descern for most.
You like many others, are trying to apply the OT with the NT..
The context here is that this was towards the beginning of Jesus' ministry; Jesus was now ready to give more detailed teaching to His disciples, many of whom would be instrumental in laying the foundations of the Church. Jesus wanted to ensure that the disciples correctly understood that the Old Testament still held a valid place in the Scriptures..
Matthew 5;18
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
The preceding verses were so opposed to the teachings of the scribes and Pharisees that some might assert that he was a destroyer of the law. He replies that he has not come to destroy it, but to fulfil. He does not say that he has come to perpetuate it. To fulfil. To complete its purpose. He was the end of the law. It was a "schoolmaster to bring us to Christ" (Gal. 3:24), but "after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster."
No, he said that he was not here to destroy the laws, he was here to fulfill the prophecy. Explain how a law can be fulfilled.

The other two major points are; not one dot shall be taken from the law, until heaven and Earth pass away.

Earth has not passed away! Trust me on this! I live there.

Jesus goes on to say, "until all is fulfilled". Has all the prophecies been fulfilled? Has the prophecy on the second coming been fulfilled?

No. So there are three major clues for you that god's laws, according to the bible, are still as valid today as they ever were.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164389 Apr 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Just like one full orbit of Pluto has never been observed, yet science KNOWS it takes 231 years, Yeah I know,,,,"How is that even possible." It must be horrible to be so scientifically illiterate. Especially in this day and age of abundant and easily accessible information. Poor you!!!!
Yes, poor me...

"Pluto takes 248 years to complete one full orbit around the Sun."

http://www.universetoday.com/13865/orbit-of-p...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164390 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Who established that? This is the problem, someone makes up a definition and do so without proof, and then many just grab hold of it. No, faith is what you choose to believe in or not believe in.
Do you believe and trust in the people or somethings that presented to you evolution, speciation, black holes, time and space measurements and many things that people present and most place blind trust in???
As for God or no God, then you have faith in your uncertainty and that the evidence presented is not sufficient for you. You do have enough faith to believe that each time you turn your car on, it will not blow up and kill your family and you.
Here's were you fail. I do not have blind faith in science. Here is my analogy on science and religion.

Think a platform with stairs reaching far up into the sky and ending at another platform. We'll call that science.

Now imagine another platform and way up in the sky is another platform. There are no steps, just two platforms. We'll call that religion.

While I may not know or understand everything about science, there are these steps that we can view, test, retest and verify. That means that there is proof.

In religion, there are not verifiable, viewable steps. To get from one platform to the next requires blind faith. We cannot even talk to anyone who has made it to the top platform. In science, I can talk to millions who have walked up the stairs.

When christians use the word faith on the non-faithful, they are being dishonest.

I don't have blind faith that my child is going to come home when I tell them. I have taken steps to train my child to be respectful and obey. I don't have faith that I am going to wake up in the morning. I have successfully done so 18,809 times, why would I think tomorrow would be different?

Location hidden

#164391 Apr 28, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont seem to know anything about atheism
read and learn
www.atheists.org
"Join us in New York City on Thursday for #DefendDissent: A Protest to Support Free Expression in Bangladesh"

HA HA HA !!!

aaawwww..... Are atheists getting arrested in Bangladesh?

HA!
Imhotep

United States

#164392 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>So, I see that you escaped from the Obama thread, where you had claimed for years that Obama was our savior.
NO, you serve no purpose, except as the alter ego of good. As for God, he existed long before evil entered into being. I am certain that His purpose remained and remains, despite the presence of you and evil.
The alter ego is the ID to your ego and an issue in your psyche which permeates your decisions and influences your actions and reactions.
“I got, I say I got this boy as fidgety as a bubble dancer with a slow leak”

“Stop, I say stop it boy, you’re doin’ alot of choppin’ but no chips are flyin’
Foghorn leghorn

You're True Christian™ and can now take Advantage of my exciting new
RaptureReady® All-American asbestos suits.

eBay for 666€!

Muslim women will need my
RaptureReady® asbestos burkas.
Exciting stylish EyeView® porthole.
Available only in black.

Isralite model can be purchased wholesale @ Solomon Goldstein's Mail order only.

I am Imhotep© and I approve this post.

Location hidden

#164393 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Black holes have never been observed, only their supposed effects.
Aura Mytha wrote:
The very same thing we can say about tornado's and the sun but it doesn't make them any less real.
O_o

Tornados and the sun have been observed....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164394 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention, if you do not believe that there is a God, then despite what you think you read, then you must believe that these people did the killing on their own. You therefore can not contribute the killings to God and it is senseless for you to argue that.
Of course I do not contribute the killings to god! What is your point? I blame it on brainwashing. The bible clearly states that god wants its follower to kill non-believers.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
If you lack analytic critical thinking, then perhaps you should consider another hobby besides debate.
Now, like I said, if you decide that there is a God who made the order, then he is not human or subject to human emotions and laws. To God, you are as the ant is to man.
Sorry, if you thought you were more. You are not.
If this is beyond you, it is,since you do not have enough information to consider whether there is a God or not, then don't get trapped in small spaces.
I have plenty of information showing that the god of the bible does not exist.

The bible states that god does have the same emotions that it gave angels and humans. I agree, it is pretty silly, isn't it?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164395 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>first point....if you are an atheist then you should be able to tell us what you are and we do not need to go to a link....
Second, If God does not intervene in your life is that proof that there is no God? No, that is just proof that God has not intervenes in your life. So, until you are worthy of God intervening in your life, freewill and choice, you are stuck with no evidence of God and no evidence of no God. It then becomes simply your self serving and non-evidentiary choice of what you freely choose to believe.
What proof do you have that a god or gods exist?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#164396 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Join us in New York City on Thursday for #DefendDissent: A Protest to Support Free Expression in Bangladesh"
HA HA HA !!!
aaawwww..... Are atheists getting arrested in Bangladesh?
HA!
HA HA HA HA !!!! aaawwwww.... Are christians getting murdered in __________ <-- insert country

Location hidden

#164397 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
The bible clearly states that god wants its follower to kill non-believers.
I think you mean the Quran.....

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164398 Apr 28, 2013
I said it was about correcting the bible? You hit your head while digging ditches?

I said no such thing.

So correct yourself and stop cherry picking verses and howling that other verses are taken out of context.

In a biblical knowledge debate I would go circles around you.

Now rest up and put some ice on your wounds Monday will be here soon and there will be grunt work for you to do.

That is more your speed anyways.

:)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA! I knew it. You DO think that verse is talking about correcting the bible.

You're not schooled in the bible at all - you have an elementary understanding of it, which is typical of atheists.

That verse is talking about correcting yourself, not the bible.

Lexington, KY

#164399 Apr 28, 2013
Head injuries are sad aren't they? I wish he could afford health insurance or just go get that treated.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Who told you that?

Lexington, KY

#164400 Apr 28, 2013
They also have ancient aliens and Bigfoot as history.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you're going with this.

Are you upset that the bible is everywhere?

Are you upset that the History Channel and Discovery Channel are displaying the Bible as history?(which it is)

What?
christianity is EVIL

Lower Sackville, Canada

#164401 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Who established that? This is the problem, someone makes up a definition and do so without proof, and then many just grab hold of it. No, faith is what you choose to believe in or not believe in.
Do you believe and trust in the people or somethings that presented to you evolution, speciation, black holes, time and space measurements and many things that people present and most place blind trust in???
u.
no one is asking you to worship evolution,or black holes,lol

if you wish to remain Ignorant of something thats been confirmed real by millions of scientists go for it,just dont be surprised if the rest of the world laughs at you religitards..

www.evilbible.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min Patriangelily 1,110,245
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 27,423
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 305,687
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••