Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164441 Apr 28, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Is accusing a person of drinking too much, or of not searching for God, proving to us that a God exists? I have heard or read about many people stating that one hasn't found God because that person hasn't "looked", but these words are empty unless you can prove to us that you have found God that way, which it appears you have failed, since this is still an open question worldwide.
You are trying to use an illogical accusation to cover for the fact, IMO, that you have nothing to give us.
I cannot prove that a god doesn't exist, and I have stated that many times, as has most of the other people on here who do not have a belief in a god. But if a god exists, then give us the proof and we will look at 'your proof' and decide if it is legitimate, or admit that we still are uncertain because we can't see it the way you describe it.
Would it be a rational position, in your view, to think the Pyramids are the result of random weather patterns?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164442 Apr 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Did you trust the word of clergy and your faith to arrive at this conclusion?
Or did you in fact try to use scientific observations someone made to offer as evidence that this it is so?
Do you believe it's true ? Does belief have anything to do with it?
Or is it a mathematical problem ?
Why did your god fail math?
Did God fail math?

Not according to the complex programming code of DNA...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#164443 Apr 28, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>No, the original Catholics were opposed to Jews and Christ. They were simply pagans and the Pope made himself the god of this earth. They wanted to rule the world under their religion. Remember, the Catholic church is in Rome and it grew out of the Roman empire which set out to kill and destroy all Christians and Jews.
Catholics call the Pope their Holy Father.
Actually the non-Catholic churches grew out of the Catholic Church which was first established in Rome. Some of the most talked about fathers of Protestantism were Catholic Priests until they rebelled against their church. Whether the current Roman Catholic Church is exactly the same as when the Christian religion first started, not having been a Roman Catholic, I would not be able to say with much knowledge. Obviously the introduction of the papacy was a later addition. It would have been healthy for the RC church and the world if that papacy had ended with the resignation a short time ago of the most recent ex-Pope.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164444 Apr 28, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure know a lot that isn't true.
Here is a simple challenge that destroys your credibility by pointing out your false assumptions.
Please identify where in scripture does it state the age of the earth?
HINT: the answer is "it doesn't" now go take your nap, junior.
It gives dates from jesus on back to the six day creation. A little research and math is all it takes.

The universe is what approximately 13.75 billion years old, the Earth is approximately 4.54 billion years old. Kind beat that whole 6 day thing all to hell.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164445 Apr 28, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that you are assuming the existence of God, which you have not shown any proof for existence, and then are proselytizing.
It seems to me that you are assuming that nothing exist beyond the natural, and then are proselytizing...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164446 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
According to the bible, the Earth in only about 6,000 years old and that god created everything in six days. You need faith to believe that despite all the evidence to the contrary.
Is that so?

HUH.... I must've missed that part of the Bible.

Remind me of the scripture, please.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164447 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that so?
Start with Genesis 1 and work your way forward.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164449 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
It seems to me that you are assuming that nothing exist beyond the natural, and then are proselytizing...
Saying that we do not know what is not yet known is not assuming anything.

That was a very good try though!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164450 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that so?
Here's a little helper:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164452 Apr 28, 2013
Very mysterious indeed! I find it funny that the Christians on here are so intolerant that they think atheists shouldn't post on an atheism forum!

Lol!
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Why is an Atheist on a public forum about Atheists? Hmmm, that is a head scratcher!
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164453 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It gives dates from jesus on back to the six day creation. A little research and math is all it takes.
The universe is what approximately 13.75 billion years old, the Earth is approximately 4.54 billion years old. Kind beat that whole 6 day thing all to hell.
I know that is what you are saying, but you claimed the Bible stated it.

I have done my research, now stop dodging and tell us where in the scripture does it stated the age of the earth.

This is a fallacy that you have fell for and never had to back up your BS.

You have been exposed by the Expert in all Things.

Location hidden

#164454 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Would it be a rational position, in your view, to think the Pyramids are the result of random weather patterns?
No.

Lexington, KY

#164455 Apr 28, 2013
He did as well as the fiction writer had him do.

Again half wit you can't assign attributes and feats to a god until you prove there is even a god there.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Did God fail math?

Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#164456 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that we do not know what is not yet known is not assuming anything.
That was a very good try though!
Oh, so you are admitting you don't chit!!! So why should we listen to someone who lacks so much knowledge?

Wait, let me guess your default answer, I don't know.

Did I get that about right? Yep.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164458 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Start with Genesis 1 and work your way forward.
Oh.

You're assuming the 6 days of creation was an actual 144 hours.

I didn't know you were a creationist.

Lexington, KY

#164459 Apr 28, 2013
Yawn you can accept scientific observable data or deny it and make yourself look like an ignorant jackass.

No laws attempting to rule over people's lives are being created because of black holes.

Care to fail again?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Kindly show us your proof that the earth is approximately 4.54 billion years old. Show us your evidence, your observations, your conducted studies and your basis for measuring time. Please do not use light years, because then you will prove to me that you are unlearned and simply a rote repetition poster. It has been proven that if black holes exist then time and space within them or passing through them would not exist. So, how do you measure how old something is? The rate of time acceleration varies throughout space, which is a major flaw in the Hubble "theory".

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164460 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
You sure know a lot that isn't true.
Here is a simple challenge that destroys your credibility by pointing out your false assumptions.
Please identify where in scripture does it state the age of the earth?
HINT: the answer is "it doesn't" now go take your nap, junior.
It was you experts in all things that pointed it out by using the bible how old Earth is.
The simple challenge that destroys YOUR credibility.

Location hidden

#164461 Apr 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are confusing someone who says that he has no belief in a god for which no evidence has ever existed is also a person who is prosytizing aobut some belief. I don't believe. If I am given something which I can see some evidence of them I might believe. If the evidence is proven then I would have no choice because I owuld then know rather than believe.

I have not been pushing the scientific theories on Topix, though I may have mentioned some things which science has proved, one of which is evolution. We do not have all of the steps or even a first step, which I doubt there is a first step, in evolution but man has proved that evolution occurs and has occurred.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164463 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did God fail math?
You can imagine that, if you like.
But it is not a code.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164464 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a little helper:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
A discussion forum?

Hardcore evidence, man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Charlie 309,294
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 2 hr Lora_14 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr woodtick57 1,207,368
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 29,294
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr RiccardoFire 201,798
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr Earthling-1 4,981
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
More from around the web