Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Imhotep

United States

#164336 Apr 28, 2013
I found this incisive commentary accurate - congrats to : P_Smith. ;)

Forum: Teacher loses job because of atheism

P_Smith | Sunday Apr 21

And the only people who have to obey a religion are those who belong to it.

Isn't it interesting how the religitards want tyranny of the majority when their own group is the majority (and the ability to oppress others with "laws"), but then whine about "respect!" and "rights!" when their own group is the minority (e.g. muslims in the US, christians in Egypt).

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164337 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
But I don't have complete trust that there is no god. I don't have complete trust that there are no leprechauns.
Just because I have seen equal evidence for both, I does not mean that I know that they don't exist.
I will tell you that the Judeo-Christian-Muslim god does not exist. The bible proves that.
The bible proves that God doesn't exist?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164338 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that's your problem, Allah willing you shall see 'the truth'(Unmasked sarcasm) ;)
Peace on earth?
Not as long as organized religion exists.
Thou art big on thy Bible...
The four angels were loosed to slay the third part of men.--Revelation 9:15
What color wings did they have? do you know
Mail angels or female angels?
Where they gay angels?
I have questions. ;)
What "third of mankind" do you think Revelation is talking about?

And why only a third? WHy not half? Or all?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164339 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
I found this incisive commentary accurate - congrats to : P_Smith. ;)
Forum: Teacher loses job because of atheism
P_Smith | Sunday Apr 21
And the only people who have to obey a religion are those who belong to it.
Isn't it interesting how the religitards want tyranny of the majority when their own group is the majority (and the ability to oppress others with "laws"), but then whine about "respect!" and "rights!" when their own group is the minority (e.g. muslims in the US, christians in Egypt).
I can answer Smith's question.

<ahem>

No, it's not interesting at all.

*curtsies*
Imhotep

United States

#164340 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can answer Smith's question.
<ahem>
No, it's not interesting at all.
*curtsies*
That was a swell curtsy double r

But I would suggest the next time you put the curtsies out for us to see, put the yellow side to the front instead of the Brown side!

This is redneck underwear rule #1, you should know better. ;)

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164341 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible proves that God doesn't exist?
Yes, but you completely ignored this:

But I don't have complete trust that there is no god. I don't have complete trust that there are no leprechauns.
Just because I have seen equal evidence for both, I does not mean that I know that they don't exist.

and this:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Once you catch up, I will gladly provide the evidence for my last statement.
Imhotep

United States

#164342 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What "third of mankind" do you think Revelation is talking about?
And why only a third? WHy not half? Or all?
Let's revisit your book shall we?

When debating the "truth" of the Bible, what usually gets lost in the shuffle is a very important consideration.

Just what all is in this hotly debated Bible?

A good question is: Who would want to defend this book in the first place?

It sounds so homey and sweet, and you can imagine Dad smoking a pipe, seated next to the fireplace, while his adoring wife and children listen to him read from the Good Book.

But there's a problem with this cozy, homespun image. Dad's going to have to do a hell of a lot of speedy, judicious editing as he reads.

The Bible is presented as the ultimate guide to moral principles, high standards and ethical living.

That book is everywhere, at least in the USA. You can't turn on the TV or radio or pick up a newspaper or magazine, or look in the window of a bookstore, let alone walk into one, or open a book catalogue, without being bombarded with the word "Bible."

The so-called History Channel is now featuring shows about David and Goliath and Noah's Ark, and it presents these biblical yarns as history.

Even the Discovery Channel is bending to the pressure. So, as long as society is flinging the Bible at us, and our politicians are quoting from it relentlessly, and Christians smugly and conspicuously carry the book with them everywhere, and Televangelists wave it dramatically, declaring it to be the "world's best-selling book for a reason,"

It may be the world's best seller, but not one in a thousand knows what's really in it you included.

Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods. And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out.--2 Chronicles 21:14

Too much Ex-Lax?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164343 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA! I knew it. You DO think that verse is talking about correcting the bible.

You're not schooled in the bible at all - you have an elementary understanding of it, which is typical of atheists.

That verse is talking about correcting yourself, not the bible.
Who told you that?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164344 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you wouldn't, you think the only faith is religious faith.
Who told you that?

I'm going to the store soon.

I have faith that my car will start.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#164345 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Know God, know peace.
No God, no peace.

Your problem is lack of faith in God.
I have faith on me.

Most of the time.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164346 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a swell curtsy double r
But I would suggest the next time you put the curtsies out for us to see, put the yellow side to the front instead of the Brown side!
This is redneck underwear rule #1, you should know better. ;)
I knowed I's foregettin sumpin!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164347 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you completely ignored this:
and this:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Once you catch up, I will gladly provide the evidence for my last statement.
Oh, I'm sorry. Am I required to respond to each and every sentence?

You made a statement about your faith in leprechauns and God and what you have faith in. You want me to argue YOUR faith?

O_o

Why did you post a link to a page?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164348 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's revisit your book shall we?
When debating the "truth" of the Bible, what usually gets lost in the shuffle is a very important consideration.
Just what all is in this hotly debated Bible?
A good question is: Who would want to defend this book in the first place?
It sounds so homey and sweet, and you can imagine Dad smoking a pipe, seated next to the fireplace, while his adoring wife and children listen to him read from the Good Book.
But there's a problem with this cozy, homespun image. Dad's going to have to do a hell of a lot of speedy, judicious editing as he reads.
The Bible is presented as the ultimate guide to moral principles, high standards and ethical living.
That book is everywhere, at least in the USA. You can't turn on the TV or radio or pick up a newspaper or magazine, or look in the window of a bookstore, let alone walk into one, or open a book catalogue, without being bombarded with the word "Bible."
The so-called History Channel is now featuring shows about David and Goliath and Noah's Ark, and it presents these biblical yarns as history.
Even the Discovery Channel is bending to the pressure. So, as long as society is flinging the Bible at us, and our politicians are quoting from it relentlessly, and Christians smugly and conspicuously carry the book with them everywhere, and Televangelists wave it dramatically, declaring it to be the "world's best-selling book for a reason,"
It may be the world's best seller, but not one in a thousand knows what's really in it you included.
Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods. And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out.--2 Chronicles 21:14
Too much Ex-Lax?
I don't know where you're going with this.

Are you upset that the bible is everywhere?

Are you upset that the History Channel and Discovery Channel are displaying the Bible as history?(which it is)

What?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164349 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry. Am I required to respond to each and every sentence?
You get what you give.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You made a statement about your faith in leprechauns and God and what you have faith in.
Interesting. I don't remember saying that I had complete trust, i.e. faith, that leprechauns or a god, do or do not exist. In fact, I am quite sure that I said the exact opposite.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You want me to argue YOUR faith?
O_o
No thanks! If anyone is going to argue for me, I would like to be someone with more intellect than you. Maybe someone who can read words as they are written, not what they want.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why did you post a link to a page?
When I clicked on the link, it took me straight to my post. Must be something wrong on your end. I'll copy the post to here, just for you.

Cherry pickin' again! Try reading the entire thought, not just one verse.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you,***Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.***

19 ****Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:**** but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you think all laws are permanent, forever and to everyone?

Well, if you believe in Jesus and God, yes.

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm sure you know about the "eating pork is bad" law. And I'm sure you've used it on people. But do you know that in Acts, God showed the Apostle that all animals were now clean?

If you believe a hungry Peter over God and Jesus, "The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him:Rise, Peter; kill and eat. "

Then, no.

If you do not believe in the bible, you can easily see that people wrote things into it so that they could do what they wanted and restrict others from doing what they wanted.

It would have been more convincing had all the laws been in one place, never changed and included a law against pedophilia.
Imhotep

United States

#164350 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I knowed I's foregettin sumpin!
Sho nuf
Ain't no thing ;)
Jeejet? I'm fixin ta swallow up some good diner food
Ham and eggs and grits y'all
Imhotep

United States

#164351 Apr 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you're going with this.
Are you upset that the bible is everywhere?
Are you upset that the History Channel and Discovery Channel are displaying the Bible as history?(which it is)
What?
No I love it Gideon's is free!
it's free firewood,
Even larger with Book of Mormon
Makes a good doorstop too
Even has a use out when nothing else is available
For outhouse

I like to distribute them to temples and mosques
I try to do my part for your little boy

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164352 Apr 28, 2013
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.", says Einstein.

God created man, man screwed up so bad, god killed them all, save eight, so that man could try again. As I understand, Jesus is going to come back, fight evil, lock Satan in the endless pit for 1,000 years, then start the whole process over again.

Your god is insane!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164353 Apr 28, 2013
Another brilliant comment from a christian!

"Satan was once a powerful angel of God. When God created earth and man, Satan became jealous and took some angels with him to oppose God's plan. Thus, the Spiritual World is at war. God has a plan and Satan is trying to destroy it. Satan actually acts like God to fool people. The truth is in the Bible which Satan tries to twist. Satan's plan is to not be obvious because people would flock to God."

This guy is scary!!
Imhotep

United States

#164354 Apr 28, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Another brilliant comment from a christian!
"Satan was once a powerful angel of God. When God created earth and man, Satan became jealous and took some angels with him to oppose God's plan. Thus, the Spiritual World is at war. God has a plan and Satan is trying to destroy it. Satan actually acts like God to fool people. The truth is in the Bible which Satan tries to twist. Satan's plan is to not be obvious because people would flock to God."
This guy is scary!!
Scary no hilarious absolutely

This is no different than Batman versus the Joker
Superman versus Lex Luthor

This God would serve no purpose without that alter ego

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#164355 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Scary no hilarious absolutely
This is no different than Batman versus the Joker
Superman versus Lex Luthor
This God would serve no purpose without that alter ego
He is the same guy who wrote this, "In simple terms, if God orders a killing, it is the will of God and okay. However, confirmation must be made it was truly God."

He is just one step away from helping his god rid the Earth of evil people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Bruin For Life 28,355
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min new yawk 1,152,957
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 306,950
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,655
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr JAX 201,148
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 22 hr Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281