Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,893)

Showing posts 157,841 - 157,860 of217,746
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164254
Apr 26, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well cat turd coffee beans are to be eaten because of orders from some god so believers can take or leave them.
Yahweh is funny like that.
<quoted text>
Well there is always revolution and civil uprising , smashing temples , cursing psychopathic gods and the best part
Iron Chariots! We don't want no more do do bread! LOL
GoodRabbit

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164258
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

This wack job Is alwasy parked outside our office preaching REDEPTION!...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164259
Apr 26, 2013
 
I would happily keep some iron chariots around to avoid eating do do bread :)
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Well there is always revolution and civil uprising , smashing temples , cursing psychopathic gods and the best part
Iron Chariots! We don't want no more do do bread! LOL

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164260
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nothing more?

That would require you to have said something of value before.

Bye bye turd!

:flush:
zander714 wrote:
I have nothing more to say. Bye!
Imhotep

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164261
Apr 26, 2013
 
zander714 wrote:
I have nothing more to say. Bye!
Say what? vaya con Dios Y se perderán para siempre!

In school, every period ends with a bell.
Every sentence ends with a period.
Every crime ends with a sentence.

There was a power outage at a mega church yesterday. More than 60 people were trapped on the escalators.

Oddly they just returned from a christian museum where they had all the heads and arms from the statues that are in all the other museums.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164262
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GoodRabbit wrote:
This wack job Is alwasy parked outside our office preaching REDEPTION!...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Did you get redepted?
Imhotep

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164263
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get redepted?
Awe c'mon now wit da spellin whine

Puleeze

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164264
Apr 27, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
It's a holy bread as ordered by the bible god.
<quoted text>
Ordered to whom?

Go.

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164265
Apr 27, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes, yes, something is taken way out of proportion, but then you do realize how silly that book of smut is. It has a lot of things we think of as silly today, a lot. So does Shakespeare, ironically, and the two are about the same quality and type of genre. The difference is that Shakespeare is not purported as being words from some infinitely intelligent being, that makes the bible more than silly, it makes it a mockery of intelligence. So yes, a lot of atheist are, and rightly so, a bit annoyed by the bible because of this very fact.
Your ignorance of the bible feeds your paranoia and annoyance of it.

Only you can change that.

I'm not saying you should follow it - that's all up to you.

But at least learn the damn thing before showing your ignorance of it and making a bad judgement call.

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164266
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

zander714 wrote:
This is so stupid! Atheism requires no faith! You have to have something to have faith in!
If you're an atheist, you have faith that there is no god.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164267
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thou shalt not kill" is equivalent to murder, which is illegal.
Capital punishment and killing in defense are not considered murder.
Stop it already with your cherry picking bullshit.
How is killing an entire village because they have one non-believer, self-defense?

How is burning your daughter at the stake, for not being a virgin self-defense?

How is stoning your daughter to death, for not being a virgin, self-defense?

How is killing a false prophet, at person who is just talking, self-defense?

You really should take some time and read the bible.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164268
Apr 27, 2013
 
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>youre PROJECTING

kristains do that a lot

and your religion sks

www.evilbible.com
Nope, just telling like it is.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164269
Apr 27, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Why ask why?
Why?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164270
Apr 27, 2013
 
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.

Of what do you think I'm ignorant?
Many things.

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164273
Apr 27, 2013
 
TheBlackSheep wrote:

How is killing an entire village because they have one non-believer, self-defense?
How is burning your daughter at the stake, for not being a virgin self-defense?
How is stoning your daughter to death, for not being a virgin, self-defense?
How is killing a false prophet, at person who is just talking, self-defense?
You really should take some time and read the bible.
You really should take some time and try to understand the bible.

Of course you won't, but you should.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164274
Apr 27, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should take some time and try to understand the bible.
Of course you won't, but you should.
Not one answer! very well played!

How is killing an entire village because they have one non-believer, self-defense?
How is burning your daughter at the stake, for not being a virgin self-defense?
How is stoning your daughter to death, for not being a virgin, self-defense?
How is killing a false prophet, at person who is just talking, self-defense?

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164275
Apr 27, 2013
 
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one answer! very well played!
How is killing an entire village because they have one non-believer, self-defense?
How is burning your daughter at the stake, for not being a virgin self-defense?
How is stoning your daughter to death, for not being a virgin, self-defense?
How is killing a false prophet, at person who is just talking, self-defense?
See, I told you that you wouldn't. But I'll start with the village one. YOu won't tell me, so I assume you're taking about Deuteronomy 13:15 "you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock"

At the time that was written, idolatry was seen as a sickness, a contagion.
They thought the 'evil' would soon spread, like a sickness. The people were somewhat wild and barbaric.

Do you think that passage is meant for all Christians to follow?

Are you the type of "skeptic" tht thinks avery word is nthe bible is a commandment?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164276
Apr 27, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance of the bible feeds your paranoia and annoyance of it.
Only you can change that.
I'm not saying you should follow it - that's all up to you.
But at least learn the damn thing before showing your ignorance of it and making a bad judgement call.
Learn it? I memorized it as a child, or did you miss that little point I made a long time ago. I was raised Mormon, one of the things they do is encourage and practically trick all their children to memorize it. Look up the game called "Scripture Chase," I was region champion most of my childhood.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164277
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're an atheist, you have faith that there is no god.
That is like saying that you have faith a dragon won't eat your car.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164278
Apr 27, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I told you that you wouldn't. But I'll start with the village one. YOu won't tell me, so I assume you're taking about Deuteronomy 13:15 "you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock"
At the time that was written, idolatry was seen as a sickness, a contagion.
They thought the 'evil' would soon spread, like a sickness. The people were somewhat wild and barbaric.
Do you think that passage is meant for all Christians to follow?
Are you the type of "skeptic" tht thinks avery word is nthe bible is a commandment?
This is not about what 'they' thought. These are god's laws, not man's laws.

Again, Jesus put an expiration date on god's laws.'Til heaven and Earth pass, not one dot shall be taken from the law.

Now, try to answer as if you concede that your loving god came up with those laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,841 - 157,860 of217,746
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••