Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#164210 Apr 26, 2013
But it is commanded by your god Yahweh! Maybe you can napkin off the turds from that Ezekiel bread.

And for your ancient people comment? Yes those people back then prayed and chanted believing some desert deity was judging them for their belief! Isn't that ridiculous in today's day and age?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, not really.

But there's a lot of ways-of-life that the ancients did that none of us would wanna do.

Lexington, KY

#164211 Apr 26, 2013
I got a $5000 bet that says I would score higher than you on a biblical knowledge test.

Care to take me up on it? After all you have Jesus' help to guide you to an easy victory right?

You do not study the bible, you study an apologetic's guide on it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>So. It doesn't have to. You & Impotent love taking scripture out of context, that way you can ridicule it, or at least you think you can. You haven't learned anything about the bible except how to say "I've read it cover to cover!"

That's the whole point of studying the bible, so we don't make fools out of ourselves like you with your retarded posts.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164212 Apr 26, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> that was not to me, but I have to admit to being not knowledgeable about what you mean by your phrase in the green box. the two long words. please explain your meaning and intent.
I am not sure what this has to do with what I wrote. If fact, I cannot put it together!

Not that this had anything to do with my post, but I take it you want to know what, "cdesign proponentsists", means. To get the most bang for your buck, google it, bing it, yahoo it, whatever you like.

The short answer is, the creationists who were trying to force ID into public classrooms got caught lying.
havent forgotten wrote:
I think I am friendly toward you at least because of your criticism of folks I do not respect, but I think you may be wasting time with them and should be spending it out enjoying real spring instead, which is my next thing to do.
I am not here to make friends, I am here giving my opinion. If you haven't noticed, I don't waste a lot of time here.

It is nice to know that you think that I should be doing what you think I should be doing. I haven't read a lot of what you wrote, but I would guess, just by shear numbers, that you would be offering your opinion to someone who spends all day on here, not on me, who writes very little. But, what would censorship be, if you tried to silence like minded people?
havent forgotten wrote:
...later maybe some folks will figure out more about why people have to believe such horrid things as many of them do. especially those who worship an evil god and justify their own cruel behavior, either by claiming they were commanded to do it, or by claiming their God will forgive them if they only confess a belief in some total nonsense. I do not really believe in free will.
I wonder where people got the idea to kill others?

Exodus 20:13 Thou shall not kill.

Just 25 verses later, your god is telling people to kill!! You find nothing wrong with that?

Exodus 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.

13 And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.

14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.

15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.

17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

I just cannot figure out where people come up with the idea to kill!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#164213 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But they didn't have briquettes 4,000 years ago. They had crap. Cow poop has several uses, one of which is a "briquette".
<quoted text>
I know. And I've water tastes better than warm water. But in those days they didn't have ice....
They has to work with what they had.
<quoted text>
Coffee from goat poop?!
.....googles.....
Yup. "Kopi Luwak coffee".
Yuck.
But this whole conversation goes back to Impotent misjudging a Scripture, a trait that you atheists seem to attribute to a lot.
Well you can eat, and drink it too.
Me I seemed to have lost my appetite, I'm going to Hardee's .
Imhotep

United States

#164214 Apr 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Imhotep wrote:
Gladly it's a source of most of my material
Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15
<quoted text>
It does. Back in those days, nothing went to waste - not even poop.
Dung was used when firewood was scarce.
As a self-proclaimed genius freethinker, I assumed you'd know that.
He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.--Revelation 19:13

Dracula wants to join your cult

Thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.--Revelation 16:6

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#164215 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, you're both wrong.
They did include all the groups of christians in the count, because they are christian, but all the churches include members who have left in all their counts as well, so as to dishonestly inflate their numbers for tax purposes.
Leaving a church does not mean ceasing to be a christian.

If church membership is the counting method, then the number is under-counted, not inflated, as many professed christians are members of no church.

Location hidden

#164216 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nobody cares about this philosopher one way or the other fatass. Your right wing nut job site read the back cover of his book and made up this grandiose article.
You probably found that from the front page of nationalpost where they gush about how amazing George W. Bush was as president right fatty?
Better luck next time and do try to learn to eat those green leafy vegetable.
<quoted text>
Atheists cared about him a great deal before he questioned Darwinism. He was considered a brilliant atheist academician.

Of course, atheists want it both ways. Thanks for confirming. Moron.

Location hidden

#164217 Apr 26, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's approximately what I said.
You will admit, will you not, that many Fundamentalist Protestants do not consider some of those groups to be "real" Christians?
That has nothing to do with counting people who profess christianity.

If you are asking "are christians exclusionary?", the answer is yes.

One of many reasons I am not among the number.
Thinking

Blandford Forum, UK

#164218 Apr 26, 2013
So you agree we should start from zero adherents and build up, rather that start with the overly high birth figure.

There are less true believers than you think.[sic]
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaving a church does not mean ceasing to be a christian.
If church membership is the counting method, then the number is under-counted, not inflated, as many professed christians are members of no church.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164219 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But it is commanded by your god Yahweh! Maybe you can napkin off the turds from that Ezekiel bread.
Sure, game on. I could always use another bitch.

Ezekial 4:9-12

9 “Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself. You are to eat it during the 390 days you lie on your side. 10 Weigh out twenty shekels[a] of food to eat each day and eat it at set times. 11 Also measure out a sixth of a hin[b] of water and drink it at set times. 12 Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.”

====

Dumb ass, you don't eat the poop, you use it as fuel, as firewood.
And for your ancient people comment? Yes those people back then prayed and chanted believing some desert deity was judging them for their belief! Isn't that ridiculous in today's day and age?
Ya, and they also didn't use toilet paper or change their clothes very often.

Many things they did back then seem very odd to us.

If you weren't in such an anti-bible tirade, you'd admit to that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164220 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I got a $5000 bet that says I would score higher than you on a biblical knowledge test.
Care to take me up on it? After all you have Jesus' help to guide you to an easy victory right?
You do not study the bible, you study an apologetic's guide on it.
<quoted text>
Ok, let's bet.

I'll gladly take away your yearly welfare money.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164221 Apr 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure what this has to do with what I wrote. If fact, I cannot put it together!
Not that this had anything to do with my post, but I take it you want to know what, "cdesign proponentsists", means. To get the most bang for your buck, google it, bing it, yahoo it, whatever you like.
The short answer is, the creationists who were trying to force ID into public classrooms got caught lying.
<quoted text>
I am not here to make friends, I am here giving my opinion. If you haven't noticed, I don't waste a lot of time here.
It is nice to know that you think that I should be doing what you think I should be doing. I haven't read a lot of what you wrote, but I would guess, just by shear numbers, that you would be offering your opinion to someone who spends all day on here, not on me, who writes very little. But, what would censorship be, if you tried to silence like minded people?
<quoted text>
I wonder where people got the idea to kill others?
Exodus 20:13 Thou shall not kill.
Just 25 verses later, your god is telling people to kill!! You find nothing wrong with that?
Exodus 21:12 He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.
13 And if a man lie not in wait, but God deliver him into his hand; then I will appoint thee a place whither he shall flee.
14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.
15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
I just cannot figure out where people come up with the idea to kill!
"Thou shalt not kill" is equivalent to murder, which is illegal.

Capital punishment and killing in defense are not considered murder.

Stop it already with your cherry picking bullshit.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164222 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
They attained that number by indoctrinating weak minded people like you.
:)
<quoted text>
And next week it will be, even Hitler called himself a christian, but that didn't make him one. Only my group are real christians. We follow the bible!

Lexington, KY

#164223 Apr 26, 2013
Show where he was this hailed by atheists as a person of note.

He seems to be an underperforming philosophy major.

Stop it fatass you saw the article on your Faux News wannabe site and ran with it like it was deep fried :))
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists cared about him a great deal before he questioned Darwinism. He was considered a brilliant atheist academician.

Of course, atheists want it both ways. Thanks for confirming. Moron.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164224 Apr 26, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
"What Has Gotten Into Thomas Nagel?: Leading Atheist Branded a Heretic for Daring to Question Darwinism"

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/03/23/what-...

Atheist dissent must be quashed...by personal attack if necessary.

Seems like religion.
He's a philosopher, right?

Not a scientist?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164225 Apr 26, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Christians did not attain that number by including or excluding anyone. The number is arrived at by simply counting those calling themselves "christian".

You are a blithering idiot.
What about the ones other Christians call "not true Christians"?

Lexington, KY

#164226 Apr 26, 2013
So eat some bread cooked on top of a stack of turds already! It's Yahweh-riffic! Lol!

Oh I did admit what they did was strange like believe on some desert god that you had to telepathically communicate with or suffer. That is very strange and sad with what we know today.

So you want to follow in the footsteps of people who spoke to hallucinations, ate bread cooked on a stack of turds, ran around the city naked babbling and drooling, and wiped their christhole without toilet paper?

These are your ahem prophets!

No wonder you fail so bad! Best think about it more as you dig those ditches!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, game on. I am another bitch.

Dumb ass, you don't eat the poop, you use it as fuel, as firewood.

[QUOTE] And for your ancient people comment?

Ya, and they also didn't use toilet paper or change their clothes very often.

Many things they did back then seem very odd to us.

If you weren't in such an anti-bible tirade, you'd admit to that.

Lexington, KY

#164227 Apr 26, 2013
Awesome!$5000 and the test will naturally be a secular college one not a church or apologetic one :)

I will enjoy taking your money :)

Don't b!tch out!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, let's bet.

I'll gladly take away your yearly welfare money.

Lexington, KY

#164228 Apr 26, 2013
It's the nice people who call themselves Christians only. Take about cherry picking data!

Of course we are about due for the idiots to say hitler was an atheist.

Lol!
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>And next week it will be, even Hitler called himself a christian, but that didn't make him one. Only my group are real christians. We follow the bible!
socci

Plattsburg, MO

#164229 Apr 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So eat some bread cooked on top of a stack of turds already! It's Yahweh-riffic! Lol!
Oh I did admit what they did was strange like believe on some desert god that you had to telepathically communicate with or suffer. That is very strange and sad with what we know today.

Then came to earth as the man, Jesus, that we may know him; long prophesied - fulfilled. Unlike the pagan myths about caveman history supports the biblical account of world history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Portlandia 1,156,024
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 28,470
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Cpexker1313 307,092
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 9 hr litesong 2,740
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 15 hr best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Bently 201,187
More from around the web