Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
157,741 - 157,760 of 225,730 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164180
Apr 25, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree with that. It's talking about the Syrians and how greedy they'll become.
So greedy in fact that one brother will eat up another, like he's eating his own flesh.
Watching atheists cherry pick the bible is fun.
Got some more?
Gladly it's a source of most of my material

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15

Christian Rumor has it goes well with Blue nun wine!
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164181
Apr 25, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see Law Abiding Citizen?
Yes - try ' true romance ' Christian Slater Dennis Hopper Christopher Walken Many others

Also - David Mamet's - House of games, Heist & The Spanish Prisoner

;)

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164182
Apr 25, 2013
 
Lmfao!

It must mean something errr something else :))
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Gladly it's a source of most of my material

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15

Christian Rumor has it goes well with Blue nun wine!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164183
Apr 26, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 600 laws (or commandments) in the bible.
Some are directed at few.
Some are directed at all.
To put in in context, they are much like American laws. Not all laws apply to all people. For example; speed limit laws don't pertain to people that don't drive, smoking laws don't pertain to those that don't smoke, military laws don't pertain to civilians, border laws don't pertain to legal citizens, etc.
Even tax laws don't pertain to everyone....
Biblical laws are much the same.
Levite laws don't pertain to those that aren't Levite.
Understand?
Are you serious? Do you really believe what you wrote? Do you really believe anything you said made any sense?

The one reason I keep coming back, is to figure out if people like you seriously believe what you are saying or are you just trolls looking for a fight?

The only thing that you said that was even remotely accurate was, Military Laws do not apply to civilians. But even that fails are several points.

1. I was in the military and I was under those laws. I was never freed from slavery and I never stepped foot in Egypt.

2. A younger person could join the military and be under Military Law. What are the chances of a young American being freed, by Moses, from slavery in Egypt?

3. A civilian could be charged under Military Law if they commit a military act.

All that you are doing is cherry picking. You pick what you like and rationalize why everyone should follow that. You ignore everything that you don't like and rationalize not following that.

Take the 10 commandments; do you really follow them? No. When asked, you say, "I am under grace, so I don't have to follow them; but they should be posted in every school and courthouse!"

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164184
Apr 26, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
So the principles need not be followed but are still valid commandments from god???
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Classic! Keep dancing clown! Soooooo damn funny! You really are about the funniest ditch digger lulz!
<quoted text>
It's like nailing Jello to a tree!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164185
Apr 26, 2013
 
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Do you really believe what you wrote? Do you really believe anything you said made any sense?
The one reason I keep coming back, is to figure out if people like you seriously believe what you are saying or are you just trolls looking for a fight?
The only thing that you said that was even remotely accurate was, Military Laws do not apply to civilians. But even that fails are several points.
1. I was in the military and I was under those laws. I was never freed from slavery and I never stepped foot in Egypt.
2. A younger person could join the military and be under Military Law. What are the chances of a young American being freed, by Moses, from slavery in Egypt?
3. A civilian could be charged under Military Law if they commit a military act.
All that you are doing is cherry picking. You pick what you like and rationalize why everyone should follow that. You ignore everything that you don't like and rationalize not following that.
Take the 10 commandments; do you really follow them? No. When asked, you say, "I am under grace, so I don't have to follow them; but they should be posted in every school and courthouse!"
I'm fairly sure that none of those "directed" Biblical laws were aimed at Irish Atheists, so I'm golden.

The question now becomes, who decides which laws do apply, and to whom?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164186
Apr 26, 2013
 
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm fairly sure that none of those "directed" Biblical laws were aimed at Irish Atheists, so I'm golden.
The question now becomes, who decides which laws do apply, and to whom?
That's how I figure it!

It seems that every good christian knows which laws apply and to whom; just ask one! That is why there is only one christian sect! They all know what god really really meant. They asked the holy spirit to come into their hearts and when it did, it lifted the veil of ignorance and they all believe, excuse me, they all know what god meant.

RiversideRedneck says, "Christians are not under the Ten Commandments, as Mosaic Law, but the principals are still very valid."

I would have thought, "Thou shall not rape a child." would have been a very good commandment. More than just a valid principle.

How can,'Thou shall not kill." be a law when god says, go kill every thing in that village? You cannot tell me not to kill, then tell me that I have to kill!!! Come on, god! Think!! LOL!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164187
Apr 26, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree with that. It's talking about the Syrians and how greedy they'll become.
So greedy in fact that one brother will eat up another, like he's eating his own flesh.
Watching atheists cherry pick the bible is fun.
Got some more?
We're not sure why you lie about god being real. It might have something to do with your mental illness of faith.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164188
Apr 26, 2013
 
Family members of the Transit police officer who was shot and critically wounded early Friday morning while chasing the two men wanted for the Boston Marathon bombings are thanking people for their prayers.

Officer Richard Donohue, Jr., 33, remained at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge on Saturday, where he was in serious condition, according to a statement released Saturday by his family.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164189
Apr 26, 2013
 
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I figure it!
It seems that every good christian knows which laws apply and to whom; just ask one! That is why there is only one christian sect! They all know what god really really meant. They asked the holy spirit to come into their hearts and when it did, it lifted the veil of ignorance and they all believe, excuse me, they all know what god meant.
RiversideRedneck says, "Christians are not under the Ten Commandments, as Mosaic Law, but the principals are still very valid."
I would have thought, "Thou shall not rape a child." would have been a very good commandment. More than just a valid principle.
How can,'Thou shall not kill." be a law when god says, go kill every thing in that village? You cannot tell me not to kill, then tell me that I have to kill!!! Come on, god! Think!! LOL!
And therein lies the difficulty.

Christianity claims a membership of about 2 billion - but in order to attain that number, they have to include groups that they'd otherwise cheerfully consign to the flames.
Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Christian Scientists, snake-wigglers, Westboro Baptists...

The truth of the matter is that Christians don't trust anyone who's not in their own particular cult - and they're unsure of the doctrinal purity of the guy in the next pew.

What it comes down to is two billion cults-of-one.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164190
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"What Has Gotten Into Thomas Nagel?: Leading Atheist Branded a Heretic for Daring to Question Darwinism"

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/03/23/what-...

Atheist dissent must be quashed...by personal attack if necessary.

Seems like religion.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164191
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And therein lies the difficulty.
Christianity claims a membership of about 2 billion - but in order to attain that number, they have to include groups that they'd otherwise cheerfully consign to the flames.
Catholics, Mormons, JWs, Christian Scientists, snake-wigglers, Westboro Baptists...
Christians did not attain that number by including or excluding anyone. The number is arrived at by simply counting those calling themselves "christian".

You are a blithering idiot.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164192
Apr 26, 2013
 
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians did not attain that number by including or excluding anyone. The number is arrived at by simply counting those calling themselves "christian".
You are a blithering idiot.
Ironically, you're both wrong.

They did include all the groups of christians in the count, because they are christian, but all the churches include members who have left in all their counts as well, so as to dishonestly inflate their numbers for tax purposes.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164193
Apr 26, 2013
 
Nobody cares about this philosopher one way or the other fatass. Your right wing nut job site read the back cover of his book and made up this grandiose article.

You probably found that from the front page of nationalpost where they gush about how amazing George W. Bush was as president right fatty?

Better luck next time and do try to learn to eat those green leafy vegetable.
Buck Crick wrote:
"What Has Gotten Into Thomas Nagel?: Leading Atheist Branded a Heretic for Daring to Question Darwinism"

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/03/23/what-...

Atheist dissent must be quashed...by personal attack if necessary.

Seems like religion.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164194
Apr 26, 2013
 
They attained that number by indoctrinating weak minded people like you.

:)
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Christians did not attain that number by including or excluding anyone. The number is arrived at by simply counting those calling themselves "christian".

You are a blithering idiot.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164195
Apr 26, 2013
 
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians did not attain that number by including or excluding anyone. The number is arrived at by simply counting those calling themselves "christian".
You are a blithering idiot.
That's approximately what I said.

You will admit, will you not, that many Fundamentalist Protestants do not consider some of those groups to be "real" Christians?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164196
Apr 26, 2013
 
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes - try ' true romance ' Christian Slater Dennis Hopper Christopher Walken Many others
Also - David Mamet's - House of games, Heist & The Spanish Prisoner
;)
hmmm... Thanks!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164197
Apr 26, 2013
 
Imhotep wrote:
Gladly it's a source of most of my material

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
It must mean something errr something else :))
It does. Back in those days, nothing went to waste - not even poop.

Dung was used when firewood was scarce.

As a self-proclaimed genius freethinker, I assumed you'd know that.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164198
Apr 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Imhotep wrote:
Gladly it's a source of most of my material
Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15
<quoted text>
It does. Back in those days, nothing went to waste - not even poop.
Dung was used when firewood was scarce.
As a self-proclaimed genius freethinker, I assumed you'd know that.
So you eat it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164199
Apr 26, 2013
 
Would you like to eat some Ezekiel bread ditch digger?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Imhotep wrote:
Gladly it's a source of most of my material

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15

It does. Back in those days, nothing went to waste - not even poop.

Dung was used when firewood was scarce.

As a self-proclaimed genius freethinker, I assumed you'd know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min John Galt 1,096,844
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,979
offer 3 hr Peter 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr C Hamilton 305,401
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana 8 hr Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning 8 hr Mike Williams 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••