Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164161 Apr 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As is the case with many ancient names. Anyways it is his name as you have confessed.
Apology accepted and next time avoid arguing with people who are much much much smarter than you okay?
Hahahahahahahahaha!! Thanks for the laughs idiot!
<quoted text>
Those are all guesses at pronunciation.
Of the name.

Wonder if he spotted the ones are Pagan?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164162 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you're one to talk, cherry picker.
The Ten Commandments were part of the Law given to Moses to judge the nation of Israel.
Christians are not under the Ten Commandments, as Mosaic Law, but the principals are still very valid.
So, what you are saying is; the ten commandments were not for us but you like them, so they are still valid.

Conversely, you do not like the laws concerning murdering non-believers, not eating shellfish and the like, so they are not valid.

Where would we be without you telling us which of god's laws he really really meant?

I have read and read the bible and I cannot find an expiration date on god's laws! In fact, Jesus said, "Until heaven and Earth pass, not one dot will be stricken from god's laws." But what did he know?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164163 Apr 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As is the case with many ancient names. Anyways it is his name as you have confessed.
Apology accepted and next time avoid arguing with people who are much much much smarter than you okay?
Hahahahahahahahaha!! Thanks for the laughs idiot!
<quoted text>
It's hilarious how you crown yourself like you do.

That's prolly why you "Hahahahahahahahaha" at your own lame jokes.

Location hidden

#164164 Apr 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Actually, KittenKoder is my name, a moniker is a name that is chosen. Almost all names, even the modern ones, are actually words in various languages that mean something, most cultures use their common language as their names. Spring is a name, it is also a season, and a verb, and a noun. Even names have meanings, they are, after all, just more words. There are a hundred websites you can look up the actual meaning of names, and most names in the world are just common words.

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for telling me something I already know.
KittenKoder wrote:
Thank you for admitting that the name of your god is Yahweh.
Um... O_o

All you did was give a detailed explanation of what a name means.....

Location hidden

#164165 Apr 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When Moses asked G-d what his name was, G-d said, "I am". It is not that G-d doesn't have a name, if G-d had told Moses her name, Israel and the rest of the world would know that the G-d of Israel was a woman and G-d wanted people to think she was a man. If Israel knew the truth, they would've been weakened by it. That was both the secret and the surprise.
God did reveal his name; that was the point of responding with "I AM THAT I AM".'Yahweh' simply means ‘I will be'.

His name is formed by the verb ‘to be.’

In other words, God answered Moses — with a verb, not a name.

Location hidden

#164166 Apr 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Those are all guesses at pronunciation.
Of the name.
Wonder if he spotted the ones are Pagan?
Last I checked, verbs aren't names...

Just sayin'
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#164167 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God did reveal his name; that was the point of responding with "I AM THAT I AM".'Yahweh' simply means ‘I will be'.
His name is formed by the verb ‘to be.’
In other words, God answered Moses — with a verb, not a name.
"I yam what I yam." - Popeye

Location hidden

#164168 Apr 25, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying is; the ten commandments were not for us but you like them, so they are still valid.
Conversely, you do not like the laws concerning murdering non-believers, not eating shellfish and the like, so they are not valid.
Where would we be without you telling us which of god's laws he really really meant?
I have read and read the bible and I cannot find an expiration date on god's laws! In fact, Jesus said, "Until heaven and Earth pass, not one dot will be stricken from god's laws." But what did he know?
There are over 600 laws (or commandments) in the bible.

Some are directed at few.

Some are directed at all.

To put in in context, they are much like American laws. Not all laws apply to all people. For example; speed limit laws don't pertain to people that don't drive, smoking laws don't pertain to those that don't smoke, military laws don't pertain to civilians, border laws don't pertain to legal citizens, etc.

Even tax laws don't pertain to everyone....

Biblical laws are much the same.

Levite laws don't pertain to those that aren't Levite.

Understand?

Location hidden

#164169 Apr 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
"I yam what I yam." - Popeye
lol

My childhood hero.

I lost my favorite Popeye lunchbox in a flood. I was heartbroken :(
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#164170 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
My childhood hero.
I lost my favorite Popeye lunchbox in a flood. I was heartbroken :(
I was always pissed that spinach didn't really give you superhuman strength. Bummer about your lunch box...

Location hidden

#164171 Apr 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I was always pissed that spinach didn't really give you superhuman strength. Bummer about your lunch box...
Man, you ain't never seen a little Texan boy cry so hard.

I look back at the silliness of it all, we just lost nearly everything we owned and my biggest concern was my lunchbox....

Location hidden

#164172 Apr 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever tell you I saw Mr Brooks?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#164173 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever tell you I saw Mr Brooks?
I musta missed that. What did you think?
Imhotep

United States

#164174 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with all scriptures of the bible.
Will you be having fries?

And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm.--Isaiah 9:20

Location hidden

#164175 Apr 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I musta missed that. What did you think?
A little slow paced, but otherwise a real good movie, thanks for the head's up!

Location hidden

#164176 Apr 25, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be having fries?
And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm.--Isaiah 9:20
Yes, I agree with that. It's talking about the Syrians and how greedy they'll become.

So greedy in fact that one brother will eat up another, like he's eating his own flesh.

Watching atheists cherry pick the bible is fun.

Got some more?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#164177 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A little slow paced, but otherwise a real good movie, thanks for the head's up!
Cool. Makes one wonder how many other little gems are out there that we've never seen...

Location hidden

#164178 Apr 25, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool. Makes one wonder how many other little gems are out there that we've never seen...
Ever see Law Abiding Citizen?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#164179 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree with that. It's talking about the Syrians and how greedy they'll become.

So greedy in fact that one brother will eat up another, like he's eating his own flesh.

Got some more?
Watching you mangle it is even more fun.
Imhotep

United States

#164180 Apr 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree with that. It's talking about the Syrians and how greedy they'll become.
Got some more?
Gladly it's a source of most of my material

Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung,and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.--Ezekiel 4:15

Christian Rumor has it goes well with Blue nun wine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,109,045
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr snootgrass 200,935
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 27,340
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Pearl Jam 305,554
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••