Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Bongo

Bronx, NY

#164000 Apr 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So there are rivals?
..None that can see and hear and have power over life and death. To name only a few things.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#164001 Apr 23, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they were?
Irish republican party US Republican Party different organisations. For the most part all they have in common is the word republican in the title

You did , but I guess we just got wires crossed or something.

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just because they are republican in Ireland doesn't mean republicans fund them from here Christine, It could be many professed democrats supporting them from here also. The Irish "republican" name means nothing in America.

ChristineM said:

NORAID

"You can huff and puff all you like but facts are facts"

I see there was one republican who was supporting NORAID.
I also see that under the law here now (the patriot act), if he were to support them he could face 15 years federal prison time.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#164002 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You've made an assertion, care to prove it?
Which of the words were confusing for you?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#164003 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>This eternal suffering you atheists are always complaining about is a self made hardship as hell is simply separation from the God you fail to have faith in. The one who gave you breath.
Its better if you dont believe in a literal hell. A sign you are in touch with reality, but ignoring scriptures you dont like. But there is no good evidence such places as heaven and hell exist except in the mind. Just wishful thinking to avoid the realities of life.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#164004 Apr 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You did , but I guess we just got wires crossed or something.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just because they are republican in Ireland doesn't mean republicans fund them from here Christine, It could be many professed democrats supporting them from here also. The Irish "republican" name means nothing in America.
ChristineM said:
NORAID
"You can huff and puff all you like but facts are facts"
I see there was one republican who was supporting NORAID.
I also see that under the law here now (the patriot act), if he were to support them he could face 15 years federal prison time.
I never mentioned the US Republican Party so yes I guess we have our wires crossed

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164005 Apr 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's their claim, son.
They lie.
They actually funneled funds into the IRA and similar groups, and have been declared a Terrorist Organisation in Ireland.
By Ireland or by the British government?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164006 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You err, or should I say lie? King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. You do not understand the"operaton of God" nor do you believe our history, present state and future as told by scripture. This eternal suffering you atheists are always complaining about is a self made hardship as hell is simply separation from the God you fail to have faith in. The one who gave you breath.
Liar with no proof of god.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#164007 Apr 23, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Its better if you dont believe in a literal hell. A sign you are in touch with reality, but ignoring scriptures you dont like. But there is no good evidence such places as heaven and hell exist except in the mind. Just wishful thinking to avoid the realities of life.
That's your specious assertion. Confirmation comes after death and entrance into the spiritual realm.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164008 Apr 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar with no proof of god.
Prove you have hands.

Then I'll prove God is real.

Go.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#164009 Apr 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Well done. Civilians getting arms and legs blown off is not a lot of fun.
<quoted text>
I told him to go away. Twice. Told him I'd clock him. He came back, so...
Thinking

Downham Market, UK

#164010 Apr 23, 2013
GFY cuntard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kenneth...

Bombers are cowardly bastards. Anyone can get hurt.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By Ireland or by the British government?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164011 Apr 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
GFY cuntard.
<quoted text>
Ya...? They gave a warning of more than half an hour to evacuate...

Besides, if they're fighting for freedom and oppression of the British government, every American would sympathize with that cause.

The Brits considered our founding fathers to be treasonous terrorists.

LMAO! Silly Brits.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164012 Apr 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
GFY cuntard.
<quoted text>
Besides, that was 30 years ago....

You don't find many Americans that are still pissed at Japan...

Let it go. Move on.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#164013 Apr 23, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>..None that can see and hear and have power over life and death. To name only a few things.
So what CAN they do?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#164014 Apr 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!!
Cherry pickin atheist.
Cherry pickin' means that you take a verse or phrase out of context. I did not do that.

TheBlackSheep wrote:

The muslim god demands that non-believers be murdered.
river's god does not and here is the biblical proof: Deuteronomy 13:13-19. "you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants,"

As anyone can see, except for you of course, I gave the seven contiguous verses, that means that the verses were together and in sequence, Deuteronomy 13:13-19. I don't suspect or even hope that you would read unsanctioned portions of the bible, so I quoted the most telling bit.

As always, if you or one of your ilk would like to put it into context for us, I am sure we would all love to hear it.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#164015 Apr 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So what CAN they do?
..If youre referring to other Gods or idols, they can do nothing, well, except rot in a grave or be a figment of a fools imagination. Some are made of stone or wood or even one of the various precious or semi precious metals.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#164016 Apr 23, 2013
I accept your apology. I was the one who predicted it dolt learn to read... and spell... Fur you? LMFAO!

In the name of Allah has already been shown if you lack the reading comprehension that is on you.

Anyways puppet your apology is accepted, you were wrong as usual while I was right so moving on.

Faith in Jesus strikes again!

http://news.yahoo.com/2nd-child-pa-couple-die...

A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look at that. Honesty.
There's a first fur you.
Now prove it was predicted, as you claimed.
And prove they bombed in the name of their god.

Scottsburg, IN

#164017 Apr 23, 2013
You support the IRA? You are batsht insane.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya...? They gave a warning of more than half an hour to evacuate...
Besides, if they're fighting for freedom and oppression of the British government, every American would sympathize with that cause.
The Brits considered our founding fathers to be treasonous terrorists.
LMAO! Silly Brits.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#164018 Apr 23, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry pickin' means that you take a verse or phrase out of context. I did not do that.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
The muslim god demands that non-believers be murdered.
river's god does not and here is the biblical proof: Deuteronomy 13:13-19. "you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants,"
As anyone can see, except for you of course, I gave the seven contiguous verses, that means that the verses were together and in sequence, Deuteronomy 13:13-19. I don't suspect or even hope that you would read unsanctioned portions of the bible, so I quoted the most telling bit.
As always, if you or one of your ilk would like to put it into context for us, I am sure we would all love to hear it.
You took it completely out of context.

You're implying that that verse means the same "muslim god demands that non-believers be murdered", which is most certainly does not. It's telling a story, not a commandment.

Cherrypicker.

Scottsburg, IN

#164019 Apr 23, 2013
Who else smells desperation coming off RR's post?

Typical christhole apologetic.. The bible is the literal word of god.... Except when it's not.

Rotflmfao!!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You took it completely out of context.

You're implying that that verse means the same "muslim god demands that non-believers be murdered", which is most certainly does not. It's telling a story, not a commandment.

Cherrypicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Aquarius-WY 320,493
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,643,986
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 34,851
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr don t drink the k... 11,807
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web