Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258461 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163484 Apr 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You mean the apologetic excuse for the passage right?
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
Versus the atheist version?

LMMFAO!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163485 Apr 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I do double R!
It is You that has no idea and why do I say that?
You require a Apologist, cleric, priest, Imam, or Rabbi to explain it to you.
You've been hornswoggled bamboozled led astray Runamuck
"Chained at last! Chained at last! Thank God I am dogma daft!©"
Remember your god made you too stupid to feed from the tree of knowledge - God is such a trickster - you'll never be able to reason on your own. Others with more reasoning skills will tell you how to think and you will be so thankful you leave them a offering. Welcome to church! ;)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca “the Younger”
Learn more about Quran, Book of Mormon and Bible
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
Is that how your freethinking buddies taught you how to freethink?

HA HA !!!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163486 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah the ignorance of atheists....
Jephthah did something that was forbidden by Mosaic law and that is repugnant to God.(Leviticus 18:21; 20:2-5; Deuteronomy 12:31; 18:10).
That would be the same as a person asking for God’s blessing and assistance to rape women or rob banks.
God certainly would not approve of such an offer.
That's the lesson to learn. Which apparently goes right over your head.
Says the liar with no proof of god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163487 Apr 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they also have a problem with the name
Jesus vs Immanuel?
If these mammals bothered to read their book they see the futility.
Immanuel means 'God with us.'" That does not mean that the Messiah’s name would actually be Immanuel.

I swear, you atheists have your own apologetics, doncha?

Damn near everything you say about the bible is wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163488 Apr 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I've you have nothing relevant or intelligent to add, shit up. Go eat your cookies in the corner.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#163489 Apr 15, 2013
The one who offered his daughter up as a burnt sacrifice to your god. Glad I could introduce you to him.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Is this the Jephthah you're referring to?

Jephthah, as described in the Old Testament's Book of Judges, served as a judge over Israel.

Or this one?

Jephtha | Welsh National Opera
www.wno.org.uk/jephthaJephtha . Composer: George Frideric Handel Librettist: Thomas Morell Director: Katie Mitchell Designer:

United States

#163490 Apr 15, 2013
Sad that their religious bigotry and hatred lead to so many deaths.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if I can find a pic of Mel Gibson with a tiny mustache..
Anyway, yes they did. Jet fuel, the autobahns, and some major medical advances. Sure the "Jesus-Killers" had to make a few sacrifices for those advances but they were just a bunch of theists.

United States

#163491 Apr 15, 2013
Verses the scholar's version, you know people who can actually read the oldest manuscripts?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Versus the atheist version?

LMMFAO!

United States

#163492 Apr 15, 2013
Yet your god spoke directly to Jephthah several times and could have easily stopped him with but a word. Worse after Jephthah roasted his daughter for your god he was proclaimed a hero from then after. He is praised not vilified even in the New Testament and in all churches to this day.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ah the ignorance of atheists....

Jephthah did something that was forbidden by Mosaic law and that is repugnant to God.(Leviticus 18:21; 20:2-5; Deuteronomy 12:31; 18:10).

That would be the same as a person asking for GodÂ’s blessing and assistance to rape women or rob banks.

God certainly would not approve of such an offer.

That's the lesson to learn. Which apparently goes right over your head.

United States

#163493 Apr 15, 2013
Best read your bible again before making a jackass out of yourself.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Immanuel means 'God with us.'" That does not mean that the MessiahÂ’s name would actually be Immanuel.

allgodsarefalse

Virginia Beach, VA

#163495 Apr 15, 2013
Jephthah vowed to God that if he is given victory over the Ammonites, he will make a burnt offering with whoever comes out to greet him when he returns victorious.

29Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed through Gilead and Manasseh, and passed on to Mizpah of Gilead, and from Mizpah of Gilead he passed on to the Ammonites.
30And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, "If thou wilt give the Ammonites into my hand,
31then whoever comes forth from the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the LORD'S, and I will offer him up for a burnt offering." (Judges 11:29-31)

So God gave him the Ammonites and twenty more cities.

32So Jephthah crossed over to the Ammonites to fight against them; and the LORD gave them into his hand.
33And he smote them from Aroer to the neighborhood of Minnith, twenty cities, and as far as Abel-keramim, with a very great slaughter. So the Ammonites were subdued before the people of Israel.(Judges 11:32-33)

When he came home, his daughter came out to meet him. She was his only child.

34Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances; she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.(Judges 11:34)

He was shocked because he could not take back his vow.

35And when he saw her, he rent his clothes, and said, "Alas, my daughter! you have brought me very low, and you have become the cause of great trouble to me; for I have opened my mouth to the LORD, and I cannot take back my vow." (Judges 11:35)

Who did he expect? A stranger?

She understood his dilemma and promised to cooperate. Jephthah honored her one final request for two months leave so she may bewail her virginity.

36And she said to him, "My father, if you have opened your mouth to the LORD, do to me according to what has gone forth from your mouth, now that the LORD has avenged you on your enemies, on the Ammonites."
37And she said to her father, "Let this thing be done for me; let me alone two months, that I may go and wander on the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my companions."
38And he said, "Go." And he sent her away for two months; and she departed, she and her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.(Judges 11:36-38)

She returned after two months and Jepthah kept his vow.

39And at the end of two months, she returned to her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had made. She had never known a man. And it became a custom in Israel
40that the daughters of Israel went year by year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in the year.(Judges 11:34-40)

And the priest shall burn them on the altar as food, an offering made by fire for a sweet aroma; all the fat is the Lord’s.”(Leviticus 3:16)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#163496 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>So anytime you speak and everyone laughs your day is made. How nice.
Is that what you got from that?

No wonder you believe the crap in the bible.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#163497 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Oh where is that in the Bible? I must have missed it.
I think you've missed a whole lot in the bible.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#163498 Apr 15, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>So what you're are saying is you believe there is a God.

Because nothing can't demand anything.
Seriously?

Is your reading comprehension actually this bad?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#163499 Apr 15, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of Geppetto

Saint Peter is watching the gates of Heaven, but he really has to go to the bathroom. He asks Jesus to watch the gates for a few minutes, and Jesus agrees.

As Jesus is standing there, he sees an old man leading a donkey up from Earth to Heaven. He notices the old man has carpenter's tools with him. When the old man gets to the gates, Jesus asks him to describe his life and explain why he feels he should be admitted into Heaven.

The man explains, "In English, my name would be Joseph, but I didn't live in America or England. I lived a modest life, making things out of wood. I'm not remembered very well by most people, but almost everyone has heard of my son. I call him my son, but I was more of a Dad to him -- he really didn't come into this world in the usual way.

I sent my son out to be among the people of the World. He was ridiculed by many, and was even known to associate himself with some pretty unsavory characters, although he himself tried to be honest and perfect. My single biggest reason for trying to get into Heaven is to be re-united with my son."

Jesus is awe-struck by the man's story. He looks into the old man's eyes and asks, "Father?"

The old man's face brightens; he looks at Jesus, and asks, "Pinocchio?"

;)
Badum pum.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#163500 Apr 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Best read your bible again before making a jackass out of yourself.
Too late.

WAAAY too late.

Scottsburg, IN

#163501 Apr 15, 2013
Yes he roasted his only daughter as an offering to Yahweh.
allgodsarefalse wrote:
Jephthah vowed to God that if he is given victory over the Ammonites, he will make a burnt offering with whoever comes out to greet him when he returns victorious.

29Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed through Gilead and Manasseh, and passed on to Mizpah of Gilead, and from Mizpah of Gilead he passed on to the Ammonites.
30And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, "If thou wilt give the Ammonites into my hand,
31then whoever comes forth from the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the LORD'S, and I will offer him up for a burnt offering." (Judges 11:29-31)

So God gave him the Ammonites and twenty more cities.

32So Jephthah crossed over to the Ammonites to fight against them; and the LORD gave them into his hand.
33And he smote them from Aroer to the neighborhood of Minnith, twenty cities, and as far as Abel-keramim, with a very great slaughter. So the Ammonites were subdued before the people of Israel.(Judges 11:32-33)

When he came home, his daughter came out to meet him. She was his only child.

34Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances; she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.(Judges 11:34)

He was shocked because he could not take back his vow.

35And when he saw her, he rent his clothes, and said, "Alas, my daughter! you have brought me very low, and you have become the cause of great trouble to me; for I have opened my mouth to the LORD, and I cannot take back my vow." (Judges 11:35)

Who did he expect? A stranger?

She understood his dilemma and promised to cooperate. Jephthah honored her one final request for two months leave so she may bewail her virginity.

36And she said to him, "My father, if you have opened your mouth to the LORD, do to me according to what has gone forth from your mouth, now that the LORD has avenged you on your enemies, on the Ammonites."
37And she said to her father, "Let this thing be done for me; let me alone two months, that I may go and wander on the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my companions."
38And he said, "Go." And he sent her away for two months; and she departed, she and her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.(Judges 11:36-38)

She returned after two months and Jepthah kept his vow.

39And at the end of two months, she returned to her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had made. She had never known a man. And it became a custom in Israel
40that the daughters of Israel went year by year to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in the year.(Judges 11:34-40)

And the priest shall burn them on the altar as food, an offering made by fire for a sweet aroma; all the fat is the Lord’s.”(Leviticus 3:16)

Scottsburg, IN

#163502 Apr 15, 2013
When you're right you're right. At this point we need to find out if that jackass prefers carrots or apples to stop braying.

:)
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Too late.

WAAAY too late.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163503 Apr 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Immanuel means 'God with us.'" That does not mean that the Messiah’s name would actually be Immanuel.
So, his name's not his name, his Dad's not his Dad (so his entire geneology is fiction), and he died but got all better?

Erm, have you thought about this at all?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#163504 Apr 15, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the liar with no proof of atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Cheech the Conser... 1,563,227
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min John-K 315,160
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 11,280
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Told Pharts 33,405
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web