Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163153 Apr 7, 2013
Communist North Koreans are taught and believe that it's leaders are supernaural gods.

http://news.yahoo.com/5-strange-cultural-fact...

Founder Kim Il Sung was known as Korea's "sun," and claimed control of the weather.

Kim Jong Il's mythology is no less extensive. His birth was hailed as "heaven sent" by propagandists, and state media has often touted impossible feats: He scored a perfect 300 the first time he tried bowling, and shot five holes-in-one the first time he played golf. Upon his death in 2011, the skies about the sacred mountain Paektu in North Korea allegedly glowed red.

Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Il's son and successor has yet to have quite so many tall tales told about him, but the news media have described the new leader as "born of heaven" upon his ascension to head of state. In December 2012, North Korean state media declared the discovery of a lair supposedly belonging to a unicorn ridden by Tongmyong, the ancient mythical founder of Korea.

Sorry theists, looks like you just lost another one :)
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163155 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Communist North Koreans are taught and believe that it's leaders are supernaural gods.
http://news.yahoo.com/5-strange-cultural-fact...
Founder Kim Il Sung was known as Korea's "sun," and claimed control of the weather.
Kim Jong Il's mythology is no less extensive. His birth was hailed as "heaven sent" by propagandists, and state media has often touted impossible feats: He scored a perfect 300 the first time he tried bowling, and shot five holes-in-one the first time he played golf. Upon his death in 2011, the skies about the sacred mountain Paektu in North Korea allegedly glowed red.
Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Il's son and successor has yet to have quite so many tall tales told about him, but the news media have described the new leader as "born of heaven" upon his ascension to head of state. In December 2012, North Korean state media declared the discovery of a lair supposedly belonging to a unicorn ridden by Tongmyong, the ancient mythical founder of Korea.
Sorry theists, looks like you just lost another one :)
PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)In a move that has further ratcheted up tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un today moved his entire collection of Transformers action figures to the border with South Korea.

According to sources familiar with the size and scope of the collection, which is believed to be the largest in Asia, the mercurial Kim began assembling it when he was either eight or nine.

In Washington, an intelligence source reported that satellite photos have confirmed thousands of Transformers massing on the southern border:We are seeing no Autobots. Just tons and tons of Decepticons.

Kim himself confirmed the Transformers mobilization today on state television, announcing,I am Megatron, followed by an unintelligible roar.

The latest development in North Korea follows published reports that Kim Jong-un may be trying to obtain a light sabre.

Lexington, KY

#163156 Apr 7, 2013
Fun for your lives! A fatty megatron!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—In a move that has further ratcheted up tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un today moved his entire collection of Transformers action figures to the border with South Korea.

According to sources familiar with the size and scope of the collection, which is believed to be the largest in Asia, the mercurial Kim began assembling it when he was either eight or nine.

In Washington, an intelligence source reported that satellite photos have confirmed thousands of Transformers massing on the southern border:“We are seeing no Autobots. Just tons and tons of Decepticons.”

Kim himself confirmed the Transformers mobilization today on state television, announcing,“I am Megatron,” followed by an unintelligible roar.

The latest development in North Korea follows published reports that Kim Jong-un may be trying to obtain a light sabre.

Lexington, KY

#163157 Apr 7, 2013
Run for your lives*

Although it is kind of fun mocking the fatty korean angel born from heaven.

His grandpa was like Thor I guess!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—In a move that has further ratcheted up tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un today moved his entire collection of Transformers action figures to the border with South Korea.

In Washington, an intelligence source reported that satellite photos have confirmed thousands of Transformers massing on the southern border:“We are seeing no Autobots. Just tons and tons of Decepticons.”

Kim himself confirmed the Transformers mobilization today on state television, announcing,“I am Megatron,” followed by an unintelligible roar.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#163158 Apr 7, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
When defined as such, the word is not capitalized. When capitalized, it refers to the Catholic Church as an institution or to its members. All words have multiple meanings, and which applies depends on context. Applying one meaning when another clearly fits the context is either dishonest or stupid.
That's RR's specialty.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

#163159 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Fun for your lives! A fatty megatron!
<quoted text>
I find the - "dear leader" of North Korea off.

The little fat kid is continually being photographed with binoculars or looking intently at something- personally I think he waiting for a bus.

Lexington, KY

#163160 Apr 7, 2013
Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Now that's funny I am going to have to use that! Someone needs to photoshop a lunchbox in his hand or something!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>I find the - "dear leader" of North Korea off.

The little fat kid is continually being photographed with binoculars or looking intently at something- personally I think he waiting for a bus.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#163161 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
Now that's funny I am going to have to use that! Someone needs to photoshop a lunchbox in his hand or something!
<quoted text>
You will love this:

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163162 Apr 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
<quoted text>
I like Andy - He always puts a smile my face

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)Saying that he could no longer keep up the punishing pace of sabre rattling seven days a week, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un said today that beginning this month he will take weekends off from vowing to incinerate the world.

After the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) released a revised April Threat Schedule showing that Kims declarations of war and doomsday ultimatums would be limited to Monday through Friday, North Koreas Supreme Leader explained his decision to make his weekends threat-free:Dad always told me that you have to pace yourself in this job. The biggest danger isnt the United Statesits burnout.

Kim said that he made his decision over the past weekend, after he issued his forty-ninth official statement threatening to engulf the mainland U.S. in a nuclear Armageddon:I was in the middle of saying infernal sea of fire, and I kind of realized, hey, Im just phoning it in. And I never want to be that guy.

By resting his violent rhetoric on weekends, Kim said,On Monday through Friday Ill have the insanity and unmitigated rage necessary to do this job right.

Referring to his streak of three hundred and fifty-two consecutive days in which he threatened to destroy the world, Kim said,Im proud of it, sure. But nothing lasts forever.

Kim began the month of April with a fresh round of threats, announcing today that North Korea had blocked South Korea on Pinterest.

Lexington, KY

#163163 Apr 7, 2013
He does have that look of a fat kid being blown away looking at something he doesn't understand doesn't he?

Lmfao he looks so damn clueless!
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You will love this:

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#163164 Apr 8, 2013
and civility abounds.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163165 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, how cute. You've found a fake company using the name "Gallup" to make them seem more believable...
Hint: That poll isn't a Gallup Poll...
LMAO!
Notice page 20? What kind of reputable polling company would use words like "age-wise", "education-wise" or "religious-wise"???
ROTFLMMFAO !!
You tried.
Creationist can't take facts to his face.

United States

#163166 Apr 8, 2013
Would you say you have always been civil on here?
Lil Ticked wrote:
and civility abounds.

Blackburn, Australia

#163167 Apr 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Karl Marx
VI Lenin
Communist atheists killed 50 million in the 20th century.
Lucky we don't have records of all the people killed by religions over the centuries.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163168 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic is literally defined as; Including a wide variety of things; all-embracing.
Like hell.

All catholics are christians.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163169 Apr 8, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
When defined as such, the word is not capitalized. When capitalized, it refers to the Catholic Church as an institution or to its members. All words have multiple meanings, and which applies depends on context. Applying one meaning when another clearly fits the context is either dishonest or stupid.
Or both.
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163170 Apr 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist can't take facts to his face.
Facts remain the Achilles' heel of these theist posters. They are very devout dogma addicts.
I think you should take a look at this, Unlike the Bible this is true.

--

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District
United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania

Argued September 26, 2005-November 4, 2005,
Decided December 20, 2005
Full case name: Tammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School

Teaching intelligent design in public school biology classes violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States (and Article I, Section 3 of the Pennsylvania State Constitution) because intelligent design is not science and "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious,

U.S. Const. Amend. 1; Penn. Const. Art. I, 3
Tammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al.(400 F. Supp. 2d 707, Docket no. 4cv2688) was the first direct challenge brought in the United States federal courts testing a public school district policy that required the teaching of intelligent design.

In October 2004 the Dover Area School District changed its biology teaching curriculum to require that intelligent design be presented as an alternative to evolution theory, and that Of Pandas and People was to be used as a reference book.

The plaintiffs successfully argued that intelligent design is a form of creationism, and that the school board policy violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The judge's decision sparked considerable response from both supporters and critics.

Eleven parents of students in Dover, York County, Pennsylvania, near the city of York, sued the Dover Area School District over the school board requirement that a statement presenting intelligent design as "an explanation of the origin of life that differs from Darwin's view" was to be read aloud in ninth-grade science classes when evolution was taught.

The plaintiffs were represented by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) and Pepper Hamilton LLP. The National Center for Science Education (NCSE) acted as consultants for the plaintiffs. The defendants were represented by the Thomas More Law Center (TMLC).

The Foundation for Thought and Ethics, publisher of Of Pandas and People, a textbook advocating intelligent design and whose prominence within the trial was such that it is sometimes referred to as the Dover Panda Trial, tried to join the lawsuit late as a defendant but was denied for multiple reasons.

On December 20, 2005, Jones issued his 139-page findings of fact and decision ruling that the Dover mandate requiring the statement to be read in class was unconstitutional.

The ruling concluded that intelligent design is not science, and permanently barred the board from "maintaining the ID Policy in any school within the Dover Area School District, from requiring teachers to denigrate or disparage the scientific theory of evolution, and from requiring teachers to refer to a religious, alternative theory known as ID.

All 8 of the Dover school board members who were up for re-election on November 8, 2005 were defeated by a set of challengers who opposed the teaching of intelligent design in a science class.
(The ninth member was not up for re-election.) The school board president subsequently stated that the board did not intend to appeal the ruling.

Epic fail!

Science the winner - superstition the loser. ;)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163172 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, how cute. You've found a fake company using the name "Gallup" to make them seem more believable...
Hint: That poll isn't a Gallup Poll...
LMAO!
Notice page 20? What kind of reputable polling company would use words like "age-wise", "education-wise" or "religious-wise"???
ROTFLMMFAO !!
You tried.
That usage, until recently, might have been considered less than perfectly formal. It's getting more and more acceptable as time passes.

Also, of course, there's a long tradition behind it: "Clockwise,", "Otherwise", "Slantwise", "Sunwise"...

And if that's all you can find to cavil about...

Lexington, KY

#163173 Apr 8, 2013
It would be in the billions easily.
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>Lucky we don't have records of all the people killed by religions over the centuries.
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163174 Apr 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It would be in the billions easily.
<quoted text>
Have you forgotten God is so perfect his first creation was so worthless he had to destroy it !

who did he leave to fix all these things eight and let's assume multiracial incestuous family members one of which was 900 years old and very inexperienced of building a boat

The poor doofus forgot all about North America South America Antarctica Australia God is confused about what he created.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Sharky 1,155,467
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 28,450
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr The world is waiting 307,055
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr sam 201,185
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr IBdaMann 2,731
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... 10 hr dogman67156 1
Crossfire going to Nicaragua (Jan '08) Dec 22 arnoldodeigo 5
More from around the web