Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,840)

Showing posts 156,781 - 156,800 of217,303
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163087
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Few churches espouse individualism.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you mean Hitler's Gleichschaltung...
It means "coordination", "making the same", "bringing into line", it's a Nazi term for the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of society.
Nice "church", eh?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163089
Apr 5, 2013
 
All you can eat fat rolls! Ewwwwww that's a visual we didn't need!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>He's a Buck muncher.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163090
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

No I meant Hitler wanted to champion Protestant Christianity in Germany, sure it had it's benefits but as we see Hitler was moving away from the Catholic Church and moving more in line towards how your church operates.

You're welcome.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you mean Hitler's Gleichschaltung...

It means "coordination", "making the same", "bringing into line", it's a Nazi term for the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of society.

Nice "church", eh?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163091
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Thinking wrote:
Few churches espouse individualism.
<quoted text>
UK?
School Standards and Framework Act 1998 states that all pupils in state schools must take part in a daily act of collective worship, unless their parents request that they be excused from attending.[19] The majority of these acts of collective worship are required to be "wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character", with two exceptions:

* Religious schools, which should provide worship appropriate to the school's religion (although most religious schools in the UK are Christian.)
* Schools where the Local Education Authority's Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education has determined that Christian worship would not be appropriate for part or all of the school.

Currently, Section 70 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 is not compatible with Article 9 of European Convention on Human Rights, part of the Human Rights Act 1998.

Despite there being a statutory requirement for schools to hold a daily act of collective worship, many do not. OFSTED's 2002-03 annual report, for example, states that 80% of secondary schools are not providing daily worship for all pupils.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163092
Apr 5, 2013
 
Looks like this lady had a stronger encounter with god. You were touched in the head and heard some mumbling, she has a goldfish cheese cracker!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/florida-...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I assume by "flock" you mean a herd of animals...
Perhaps you don't know it has multiple meanings...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163093
Apr 5, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Remember Obama with Joe the plumber?
Obama "looked" happy, too.
Funny how politicians pretend, isn't it?
I think that the whole hitler thing is stupid, and don't really care whether he was religious or not, but it's funny how you claim he was pretending when he said anything that contradicts your opinion of him.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163094
Apr 6, 2013
 
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved from what?
Will the Muslim martyrs be there dining with you?
I guess the 72 virgins are no longer virgins by now,
A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.
Charles B. Rogers
A muslims only valid means of atonement is obedience to the law. Those in Christ have a "valid" means of atonement through Jesus, much to atheists chagrin.
International Version (NIV)

6 Jesus answered,I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163095
Apr 6, 2013
 
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Ever read Mein Kamph? I could barely get through 2chapters of that drivel.. Dullest piece of psychotic rambling ever.
Of course you would say that, when it indicts your religion so clearly.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163096
Apr 6, 2013
 
And Obiwon Kinobi said... You must learn the ways of the force like your father if you are to come with me to Alderan.

I mean you were just quoting fiction right?
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>A muslims only valid means of atonement is obedience to the law. Those in Christ have a "valid" means of atonement through Jesus, much to atheists chagrin.
International Version (NIV)

6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163097
Apr 6, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you mean Hitler's Gleichschaltung...

It means "coordination", "making the same", "bringing into line", it's a Nazi term for the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of society.

Nice "church", eh?
You seem to know an awful lot about hitler and naziism.

Are you in a club or something?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163098
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like this lady had a stronger encounter with god. You were touched in the head and heard some mumbling, she has a goldfish cheese cracker!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/florida-...
Lol!

Did you read some of the comments?

And $8100 for a chicken mcnugget?!

I'm going to start looking at my food more carefully. I may be able to retire early after all.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163099
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I know right? Imagine all the Virgin Mary, Jesus and other spiritual beings in a Cheetos, chicken nugget, grilled cheese sandwich, Tator tot or cracker you have eaten!
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Lol!

Did you read some of the comments?

And $8100 for a chicken mcnugget?!

I'm going to start looking at my food more carefully. I may be able to retire early after all.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163100
Apr 6, 2013
 
Atheist Angelina Jolie pledges $200,000 to The Malala Fund.

This money will go to save and educate young girls age 5-12, who are currently forced into domestic work rather than attending school.

Today Im going to announce the happiest moment of my life and that is the first grant of the Malala fund," said Yousafzai. "We are going to educate 40 girls, and I want all of you to support the Malala fund and let us turn 40 girls into 40 million girls."

http://shine.yahoo.com/women-in-the-world/ang...
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163101
Apr 6, 2013
 
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> A muslims only valid means of atonement is obedience to the law. Those in Christ have a "valid" means of atonement through Jesus, much to atheists chagrin.
International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered,I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
You worship the same imaginary being as a
Jew, Muslim, or Christian - the different 'made up' rules on how to subjugate themselves to this diety are unintentionally hilarious and for the delusional only.

Ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.--Ezekiel 39:19

Would you like that order supersized?
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163104
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship the same imaginary being as a
Jew, Muslim, or Christian - the different 'made up' rules on how to subjugate themselves to this diety are unintentionally hilarious and for the delusional only.
Ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.--Ezekiel 39:19
Would you like that order supersized?
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned , jackass
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163105
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
And Obiwon Kinobi said... You must learn the ways of the force like your father if you are to come with me to Alderan.
I mean you were just quoting fiction right?
<quoted text>
You likely lapsed into syncope after trying to be a Christian. Fiction?, whatcha gonna do on that day, claim fiction?---------
Mark 4:5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163106
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing of merit to say to a wall of quotes that undeniably nail hitler to your cult.
You have nothing to merit that Hitler wasn't a lying politician.

You fail.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163107
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
No I meant Hitler wanted to champion Protestant Christianity in Germany, sure it had it's benefits but as we see Hitler was moving away from the Catholic Church and moving more in line towards how your church operates.
You're welcome.
<quoted text>
Oh.... We were talking about what **YOU** meant?

My bad, I thought we were talking about fact.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163108
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know an awful lot about hitler and naziism.
Are you in a club or something?
Knowing history scares the shit outta you, doesn't it?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163109
Apr 6, 2013
 
And it is a fact Hitler was championing Protestant positive Christianity for Germany.

And you know it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.... We were talking about what **YOU** meant?

My bad, I thought we were talking about fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,781 - 156,800 of217,303
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,034,724
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Bitner 303,277
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,096
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... 20 hr bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••