Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247293 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163186 Apr 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Science lost. The Constitution also lost.
Judge Jones plagiarized nearly all of his writing on the case. Copied it word for word from the ACLU's brief in the case.
The brief was factually incorrect.
ID has nothing to do with religion; and religion in public schools is not prohibited by the Constitution.
Go learn something.
Dismissed!

Obtuse and irrelevant reply devoid of information or proof. It's obvious you haven't read the Bible dimwit.

I think the home wants you to return it's time for your afternoon meds.

How's that Thorazine working for you?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163187 Apr 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.

Theists also fear death, as do atheists.

Your theory is a psychological projection of your need to be right.

Mixed with some amateur psychobabble.
Your drivel is a psychological projection of your need for there to be a god-your god-need, as has been previously and repeatedly pointed out to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163189 Apr 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>As an occasional linguistic purist, I'm inclined to agree.
Woah...

There's a first, Mac.

Neato

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163191 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah...
There's a first, Mac.
Neato
I've been known to indulge in embellishment for the sake of making a good story better.

But I don't lie to make points in argument. It's self-defeating.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163192 Apr 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you haven't.
Do you think just because you've been away that your tired, old and faulty arguments will have somehow gained credibility?
You might get a few of the more recent posters to re-enter your idiotic debate, but you'll still lose.
Because you're still a loser.
Those were statements, not arguments.

You would first need to be able to recognize an argument, I would think, before you could critique it.

By the way, I won't be losing a debate with any Topix poster. Never have, never will.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#163193 Apr 8, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismissed!
Obtuse and irrelevant reply devoid of information or proof. It's obvious you haven't read the Bible dimwit.
I think the home wants you to return it's time for your afternoon meds.
How's that Thorazine working for you?
You used the word "obtuse" having no clue what it means, didn't you?

Admit it.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#163194 Apr 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you haven't.
Do you think just because you've been away that your tired, old and faulty arguments will have somehow gained credibility?
You might get a few of the more recent posters to re-enter your idiotic debate, but you'll still lose.
Because you're still a loser.
That's no way to talk to an American Hero you prevaricating pee wee.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#163195 Apr 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were statements, not arguments.
You would first need to be able to recognize an argument, I would think, before you could critique it.
By the way, I won't be losing a debate with any Topix poster. Never have, never will.
LOL...oh please.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163196 Apr 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I've been known to indulge in embellishment for the sake of making a good story better.
But I don't lie to make points in argument. It's self-defeating.
Indeed.

embellishment-wise....

:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163197 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
embellishment-wise....
:)
Okay, that was sorta funny.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163198 Apr 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, that was sorta funny.
Sorta is good.

Sorta...
FoxNews

AOL

#163202 Apr 8, 2013
.

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______




.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163205 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Just as soon as you prove you love your mom.
Ready.
Set.
Go.
Prove your f*cking god you lying creationist sack of sh*t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163206 Apr 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Science lost. The Constitution also lost.
Judge Jones plagiarized nearly all of his writing on the case. Copied it word for word from the ACLU's brief in the case.
The brief was factually incorrect.
ID has nothing to do with religion; and religion in public schools is not prohibited by the Constitution.
Go learn something.
Full of sh*t failed discovery institute creationist who doesn't understand evolution or science.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163207 Apr 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were statements, not arguments.
You would first need to be able to recognize an argument, I would think, before you could critique it.
By the way, I won't be losing a debate with any Topix poster. Never have, never will.
Immoral lying creationist lardass. Failed Palin 2005 election throwback. Go back to the Westbro Baptist church and do not pass go.
Imhotep

Stuart, FL

#163209 Apr 8, 2013
FoxNews wrote:
.
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
.
100% nonsense is more like it

There isn't any Christ thus there isn't any Antichrist it's that simple

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”~Steven Weinberg (physicist and Nobel Laureate)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163210 Apr 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Woah...

There's a first, Mac.

Neato
He's a common cunning linguist.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163211 Apr 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Those were statements, not arguments.

You would first need to be able to recognize an argument, I would think, before you could critique it.

By the way, I won't be losing a debate with any Topix poster. Never have, never will.
Only in your own locked down mind.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163212 Apr 8, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>That's no way to talk to an American Hero you prevaricating pee wee.
You two finally living together?

Did you set a date yet?

Dave's going to be jealous.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163213 Apr 8, 2013
Sadly all flood stories are documented by people living near water! Gasp!!

Who could imagine that?

Not many flood stories written by native Americans in Kansas.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Have you forgotten God is so perfect his first creation was so worthless he had to destroy it !

who did he leave to fix all these things eight and let's assume multiracial incestuous family members one of which was 900 years old and very inexperienced of building a boat

The poor doofus forgot all about North America South America Antarctica Australia God is confused about what he created.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,275,338
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Into The Night 6,849
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr stewart scott 29,919
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 hr _Bad Axe 310,476
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web