Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#162635 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaawwwww you're so sweet.
(This is the first time you've told me you hate me)
*cries*
All you can make is "filler" comments.

You don't have any balls to 1. prove your god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.

Snivelling creationist cowards the lot of you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162636 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can do that. I can completely shatter genesis 1:1 and do it using your own bible.
Present your case that god exists instead of cowering from my question for days and I will destroy your genesis 1:1 using scriptures only.
Now you have another reason to cower from my question!
I cannot prove to you that God exists. That's between you & God.

However, you asked me to "Present my case that god exists", not prove it.

I believe that God exists because He has answered my prayers, I have heard His voice and I have felt His hand.

Case presented.

Now, biblically contradict Genesis 1:1....

Location hidden

#162637 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.
Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY
Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.
You have no proof of god, stop lying about your hallucinations creationist wastes of space.

Go back and cross out the part where your bible claims all atheists are fools.

Yes, go ahead and cross out that hatred from your religious book, there's a good liar.

Oh right, you want to keep the hate in the bible. Fine, then don't complain when we rip your myth to shreds with facts.

Location hidden

#162638 Mar 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is done by showing there is a gravitating body in a small volume that isn't emitting light. And that *has* been done. You are now the one claiming the experts don't know what they are talking about when they say a black hole has been detected.
<quoted text>
Since I don't believe there *is* a God, that is as much of a nonsense statement as saying my belief in the tooth fairy is between me and the tooth fairy. You are the one claiming it is more than that without any proof.
God can't be scientifically scrutinized. Not by me, not by you, not by anyone.

You find God within your soul, not without it.

It is your choice to believe, no one can force it on you.

Location hidden

#162639 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.
In the end this will be of no excuse.
There is no evidence that anyone called Jesus existed.

You have been brainwashed by an old and outdated cult, because you lost hope in humanity at some point and lacked a proper education / rational thought processes.

Location hidden

#162640 Mar 27, 2013
The above is probably about 70% of religious folk - simply idiots who came to their wits end and got swallowed up by a cult in their desperation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#162641 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.

In the end this will be of no excuse.
Hey!

I got some big KA-Ching from the tooth fairy.

You can't tell ME it doesn't exist.

I have evidence.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#162642 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you can't find a contradiction in the bible of Genesis 1:1....
I win.
Adam and Eve didn't know they were doing anything wrong until after they ate the apple.

Yet they were punished.

How does that work again?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#162643 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Agnostic atheist is an oxymoron.
Nope.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A true atheist does not believe in the existence of deities. They just don't.
There's no need to add "true" to atheist.

Atheists don't believe in the existence of any deities. Theists believe in the existence of at least one.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So how could someone that doesn't believe in the existence of deities also not "know for sure" if deities exist?
Really?

The only thing you can know for sure is the truth of your own existence. Beyond that, you're trusting perceptions that can be fooled.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#162644 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.

Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...

The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY

Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.
Now google "historicity of Jesus' resurrection".

Location hidden

#162645 Mar 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
You don't have any balls to 1. prove your god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.
Snivelling creationist cowards the lot of you.
Too easy...

You don't have any balls to 1. disprove my god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.

Sniveling evolutionist cowards the lot of you.

(I fixed your "Snivelling".....)

Location hidden

#162646 Mar 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god, stop lying about your hallucinations creationist wastes of space.
Go back and cross out the part where your bible claims all atheists are fools.
Yes, go ahead and cross out that hatred from your religious book, there's a good liar.
Oh right, you want to keep the hate in the bible. Fine, then don't complain when we rip your myth to shreds with facts.
Aw Septic, why so angry?

Location hidden

#162647 Mar 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Adam and Eve didn't know they were doing anything wrong until after they ate the apple.
Yet they were punished.
How does that work again?
Dude, what?

They were told not to eat of that tree.

They did.

They were punished.

That's how punishment works.

Location hidden

#162648 Mar 27, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
There is no evidence that anyone called Jesus existed.
Lol

http://www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_histor...

"Christus, the founder of the [Christian] name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius. But the
pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, by through the city of
Rome also." Annals XV, 44

-Cornelius Tacitus, a 1st and 2nd century Roman historian.

Considered one of the greatest historians of ancient Rome, Tacitus verifies the Biblical account of Jesus' execution at the hands of Pontius Pilate who governed Judea from 26-36 A.D. during the reign of Tiberius.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#162649 Mar 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
There are three types of mathematicians: those that can count and those that don't.
There are two types of people: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
Actually there are three kinds of people , those I owe money. Those that owe me money.
And.....Those that I don't owe and they don't owe me at all.:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#162650 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, what?
They were told not to eat of that tree.
They did.
They were punished.
That's how punishment works.
But they didn't know they weren't supposed to disobey until AFTER.

They didn't know it was wrong to disobey.

They didn't know.

They COULDN'T know - that's the way the deity set it up.

They were NOT wrong to eat.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#162651 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaawwwww you're so sweet.
(This is the first time you've told me you hate me)
*cries*
Congrats! I remember what it was like my first time..........Now next is when he hopes you are dead, or tells you to kill yourself.*sigh* Young love.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#162652 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if you idolize Hitler.....
He did have something to be admired, but how he used this is.
Far less than audible.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#162653 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Agnostic atheist is an oxymoron.

A true atheist does not believe in the existence of deities. They just don't.

So how could someone that doesn't believe in the existence of deities also not "know for sure" if deities exist?
You really do have reading comprehension issues, don't you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#162654 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.

Again, God has no beginning. His existence is not based on the existence of the universe.

Do try.

At least try.
And you know this how, exactly?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 min Trojan 27,584
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Hemet Trash 1,115,125
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr PieceMaker 342
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr friv4school 305,848
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr dont drink the ko... 1,108
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 14 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE