Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
156,341 - 156,360 of 224,657 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162631
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
Show this secular historical proof for Jesus. It doesn't exist.

Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.


Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...


The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY


Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.


Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162632
Mar 27, 2013
 
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is proof you are a worthless human being. I hate you, when I got to know you, I hope that is the same for everyone else, you best bet you don't get intimate or open with anyone anymore, so you cannot be hated.
Aaawwwww you're so sweet.

(This is the first time you've told me you hate me)

*cries*

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162633
Mar 27, 2013
 
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic atheist does not believe in gods, but does not rule out the possibility that a god or gods could exist, mainly because a human cannot "know" the entire universe. We can't know for sure what is or isn't beyond our reach.
That's not to say that deities cannot be proven or disproved. It depends on the claim put forth.
Remember that proof is a subjective term. If we were to apply the standards of the scientific method to god claims, pretty much all of them could be ruled out like you could rule out a bullshit theory.
If we could say that anything is impossible, anything at all, there would be a category of things that are most impossible, which includes logical contradictions. The definition of God provided by the Bible contains many logical contradictions, so you would either need to dump those bits of the definition or you would have an impossible god. That's if we are allowed to say that anything is impossible.
Agnostic atheist is an oxymoron.

A true atheist does not believe in the existence of deities. They just don't.

So how could someone that doesn't believe in the existence of deities also not "know for sure" if deities exist?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162634
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

sedona tranquility wrote:
I didn't ask when God began I said where was God before the beginning if nothing existed...no heaven...no universe.
LOL.

Again, God has no beginning. His existence is not based on the existence of the universe.

Do try.

At least try.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162635
Mar 27, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaawwwww you're so sweet.
(This is the first time you've told me you hate me)
*cries*
All you can make is "filler" comments.

You don't have any balls to 1. prove your god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.

Snivelling creationist cowards the lot of you.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162636
Mar 27, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can do that. I can completely shatter genesis 1:1 and do it using your own bible.
Present your case that god exists instead of cowering from my question for days and I will destroy your genesis 1:1 using scriptures only.
Now you have another reason to cower from my question!
I cannot prove to you that God exists. That's between you & God.

However, you asked me to "Present my case that god exists", not prove it.

I believe that God exists because He has answered my prayers, I have heard His voice and I have felt His hand.

Case presented.

Now, biblically contradict Genesis 1:1....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162637
Mar 27, 2013
 
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.
Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY
Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.
You have no proof of god, stop lying about your hallucinations creationist wastes of space.

Go back and cross out the part where your bible claims all atheists are fools.

Yes, go ahead and cross out that hatred from your religious book, there's a good liar.

Oh right, you want to keep the hate in the bible. Fine, then don't complain when we rip your myth to shreds with facts.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162638
Mar 27, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is done by showing there is a gravitating body in a small volume that isn't emitting light. And that *has* been done. You are now the one claiming the experts don't know what they are talking about when they say a black hole has been detected.
<quoted text>
Since I don't believe there *is* a God, that is as much of a nonsense statement as saying my belief in the tooth fairy is between me and the tooth fairy. You are the one claiming it is more than that without any proof.
God can't be scientifically scrutinized. Not by me, not by you, not by anyone.

You find God within your soul, not without it.

It is your choice to believe, no one can force it on you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162639
Mar 27, 2013
 
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.
In the end this will be of no excuse.
There is no evidence that anyone called Jesus existed.

You have been brainwashed by an old and outdated cult, because you lost hope in humanity at some point and lacked a proper education / rational thought processes.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162640
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The above is probably about 70% of religious folk - simply idiots who came to their wits end and got swallowed up by a cult in their desperation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162641
Mar 27, 2013
 
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.

In the end this will be of no excuse.
Hey!

I got some big KA-Ching from the tooth fairy.

You can't tell ME it doesn't exist.

I have evidence.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162642
Mar 27, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you can't find a contradiction in the bible of Genesis 1:1....
I win.
Adam and Eve didn't know they were doing anything wrong until after they ate the apple.

Yet they were punished.

How does that work again?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162643
Mar 27, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Agnostic atheist is an oxymoron.
Nope.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A true atheist does not believe in the existence of deities. They just don't.
There's no need to add "true" to atheist.

Atheists don't believe in the existence of any deities. Theists believe in the existence of at least one.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So how could someone that doesn't believe in the existence of deities also not "know for sure" if deities exist?
Really?

The only thing you can know for sure is the truth of your own existence. Beyond that, you're trusting perceptions that can be fooled.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162644
Mar 27, 2013
 
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.


Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...


The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY


Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.
Now google "historicity of Jesus' resurrection".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162645
Mar 27, 2013
 
-Skeptic- wrote:
All you can make is "filler" comments.
You don't have any balls to 1. prove your god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.
Snivelling creationist cowards the lot of you.
Too easy...

All you can make is "filler" comments.

You don't have any balls to 1. disprove my god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.

Sniveling evolutionist cowards the lot of you.

(I fixed your "Snivelling".....)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162646
Mar 27, 2013
 
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no proof of god, stop lying about your hallucinations creationist wastes of space.
Go back and cross out the part where your bible claims all atheists are fools.
Yes, go ahead and cross out that hatred from your religious book, there's a good liar.
Oh right, you want to keep the hate in the bible. Fine, then don't complain when we rip your myth to shreds with facts.
Aw Septic, why so angry?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162647
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Adam and Eve didn't know they were doing anything wrong until after they ate the apple.
Yet they were punished.
How does that work again?
Dude, what?

They were told not to eat of that tree.

They did.

They were punished.

That's how punishment works.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162648
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

-Skeptic- wrote:
There is no evidence that anyone called Jesus existed.
Lol

http://www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_histor...

"Christus, the founder of the [Christian] name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius. But the
pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, by through the city of
Rome also." Annals XV, 44

-Cornelius Tacitus, a 1st and 2nd century Roman historian.

Considered one of the greatest historians of ancient Rome, Tacitus verifies the Biblical account of Jesus' execution at the hands of Pontius Pilate who governed Judea from 26-36 A.D. during the reign of Tiberius.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162649
Mar 27, 2013
 
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.
There are three types of mathematicians: those that can count and those that don't.
There are two types of people: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
Actually there are three kinds of people , those I owe money. Those that owe me money.
And.....Those that I don't owe and they don't owe me at all.:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#162650
Mar 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, what?
They were told not to eat of that tree.
They did.
They were punished.
That's how punishment works.
But they didn't know they weren't supposed to disobey until AFTER.

They didn't know it was wrong to disobey.

They didn't know.

They COULDN'T know - that's the way the deity set it up.

They were NOT wrong to eat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••