Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“FAITH IN MANKIND”

Since: Mar 13

AT PEACE WITH NATURE

#162621 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God has no beginning. "The beginning" is referring to our universe, not God.
<quoted text>
HA HA !!!!
That would be Genesis 1:2, which is after 1:1.....
Just sayin.
<quoted text>
What existed before the beginning? You'll hafta have some examples of that before reaching this laughable conclusion.
<quoted text>
Ugh...
For the "freethinkers".....
1 comes before 2.
<quoted text>
Not true. A baby at conception is created by something, not nothing (sperm & egg).
So you can find no contradiction, either?
Awesome.
First order of business...

You too can be a "freethinker". For the low cost of $29.95 you will receive a t-shirt with your name "RIVERSIDEREDNECK IS A FREETHINKER"...a membership card and one free pass to a club meeting. After that it will only cost you $10.00 for each meeting (we have to have money for the beer and wine).

If you want your own "freethinker" cap you can order one in your choice of colors (pink or teal) for only $39.95 plus shipping and handling.

We charge nothing however for thinking freely...about whatever you want to think about!

“FAITH IN MANKIND”

Since: Mar 13

AT PEACE WITH NATURE

#162622 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God has no beginning. "The beginning" is referring to our universe, not God.
<quoted text>
HA HA !!!!
That would be Genesis 1:2, which is after 1:1.....
Just sayin.
<quoted text>
What existed before the beginning? You'll hafta have some examples of that before reaching this laughable conclusion.
<quoted text>
Ugh...
For the "freethinkers".....
1 comes before 2.
<quoted text>
Not true. A baby at conception is created by something, not nothing (sperm & egg).
So you can find no contradiction, either?
Awesome.
WAIT!!! Was this a contest? I thought we were just throwing out ideas, kicking the ball around, well maybe throwing a few tomatoes.

Did I pay to enter this contest? If I did I might ask for my money back.

I didn't ask when God began I said where was God before the beginning if nothing existed...no heaven...no universe.

I didn't know that I would get call a "freethinker". Of course I don't charge for my thinking so I guess that would make me a "freethinker".

What is the prize if we answer the question correctly?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#162623 Mar 27, 2013
I can do that. I can completely shatter genesis 1:1 and do it using your own bible.

Present your case that god exists instead of cowering from my question for days and I will destroy your genesis 1:1 using scriptures only.

Now you have another reason to cower from my question!
:)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, no.

It's YOUR reading comprehension that's failing YOU.

You said you can find a contradiction in EVERY bible verse.

Find the contradiction for Genesis 1:1.

(Not Genesis 1:2, 1:3, 2:4-25.........)

Genesis 1:1.

Go.

Lexington, KY

#162624 Mar 27, 2013
Until you can demonstrate a god exists we have no reason to believe he exists let alone does anything.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You claim "it isn't God".

Your claim, your onus.

Lexington, KY

#162625 Mar 27, 2013
Exactly. They are still unable to grasp that agnostic and atheist are not mutually exclusive terms. Agnostic dealing with knowledge of a god and atheism meaning you do not actively believe in a god.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I am an agnostic atheist, there could be a god, but it's not the one in the bible, nor the koran, nor any of the ones presented by any other human at all. Thus far there is none, since no evidence of one has been presented. If the evidence is presented I will give it some serious thought, like I do with everything, but if there is no evidence then your claim is dismissed, ignored, and myth. I hold everything to that same standard, it's why I don't believe in leprechauns, the tooth fairy, or Santa Claus.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#162626 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, first you have to prove that it is a black hole.
Which is done by showing there is a gravitating body in a small volume that isn't emitting light. And that *has* been done. You are now the one claiming the experts don't know what they are talking about when they say a black hole has been detected.
Why?
Your belief in God is between you & God. I'm out of it.
Since I don't believe there *is* a God, that is as much of a nonsense statement as saying my belief in the tooth fairy is between me and the tooth fairy. You are the one claiming it is more than that without any proof.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#162628 Mar 27, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is proof you are a worthless human being. I hate you, when I got to know you, I hope that is the same for everyone else, you best bet you don't get intimate or open with anyone anymore, so you cannot be hated.
You hate a stranger on the internet?

Yeah...tell us again how old and mature you are, Little Tangerine...
socci

Cameron, MO

#162629 Mar 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
Since I don't believe there *is* a God, that is as much of a nonsense statement as saying my belief in the tooth fairy is between me and the tooth fairy. You are the one claiming it is more than that without any proof.

Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.

In the end this will be of no excuse.

Lexington, KY

#162630 Mar 27, 2013
Show this secular historical proof for Jesus. It doesn't exist.
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.

socci

Cameron, MO

#162631 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Show this secular historical proof for Jesus. It doesn't exist.

Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.

Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...

The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY

Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162632 Mar 27, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is proof you are a worthless human being. I hate you, when I got to know you, I hope that is the same for everyone else, you best bet you don't get intimate or open with anyone anymore, so you cannot be hated.
Aaawwwww you're so sweet.

(This is the first time you've told me you hate me)

*cries*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162633 Mar 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
An agnostic atheist does not believe in gods, but does not rule out the possibility that a god or gods could exist, mainly because a human cannot "know" the entire universe. We can't know for sure what is or isn't beyond our reach.
That's not to say that deities cannot be proven or disproved. It depends on the claim put forth.
Remember that proof is a subjective term. If we were to apply the standards of the scientific method to god claims, pretty much all of them could be ruled out like you could rule out a bullshit theory.
If we could say that anything is impossible, anything at all, there would be a category of things that are most impossible, which includes logical contradictions. The definition of God provided by the Bible contains many logical contradictions, so you would either need to dump those bits of the definition or you would have an impossible god. That's if we are allowed to say that anything is impossible.
Agnostic atheist is an oxymoron.

A true atheist does not believe in the existence of deities. They just don't.

So how could someone that doesn't believe in the existence of deities also not "know for sure" if deities exist?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162634 Mar 27, 2013
sedona tranquility wrote:
I didn't ask when God began I said where was God before the beginning if nothing existed...no heaven...no universe.
LOL.

Again, God has no beginning. His existence is not based on the existence of the universe.

Do try.

At least try.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#162635 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaawwwww you're so sweet.
(This is the first time you've told me you hate me)
*cries*
All you can make is "filler" comments.

You don't have any balls to 1. prove your god or 2. admit that you're wrong about it.

Snivelling creationist cowards the lot of you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162636 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can do that. I can completely shatter genesis 1:1 and do it using your own bible.
Present your case that god exists instead of cowering from my question for days and I will destroy your genesis 1:1 using scriptures only.
Now you have another reason to cower from my question!
I cannot prove to you that God exists. That's between you & God.

However, you asked me to "Present my case that god exists", not prove it.

I believe that God exists because He has answered my prayers, I have heard His voice and I have felt His hand.

Case presented.

Now, biblically contradict Genesis 1:1....

Location hidden

#162637 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your denial will not change anything. The historians who record Jesus, Pilate, the crucifixion and Christians, have the final word on the matter. You only lie to yourself.
Here is a quote from the Encyclopedia Britannica concerning the testimony of the many independent secular accounts of Jesus of Nazareth: "These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus, which was disputed for the first time and on inadequate grounds by several authors at the end of the 18th, during the 19th, and at the beginning of the 20th centuries."
www.thedevineevidence.com/jesus_history.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
The Evidence for the Existence of Jesus
http://youtu.be/cDoMerykoCY
Just shows your ignorance has no credibility.
You have no proof of god, stop lying about your hallucinations creationist wastes of space.

Go back and cross out the part where your bible claims all atheists are fools.

Yes, go ahead and cross out that hatred from your religious book, there's a good liar.

Oh right, you want to keep the hate in the bible. Fine, then don't complain when we rip your myth to shreds with facts.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162638 Mar 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is done by showing there is a gravitating body in a small volume that isn't emitting light. And that *has* been done. You are now the one claiming the experts don't know what they are talking about when they say a black hole has been detected.
<quoted text>
God can't be scientifically scrutinized. Not by me, not by you, not by anyone.

You find God within your soul, not without it.

It is your choice to believe, no one can force it on you.

Location hidden

#162639 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.
There is no evidence that anyone called Jesus existed.

You have been brainwashed by an old and outdated cult, because you lost hope in humanity at some point and lacked a proper education / rational thought processes.

Location hidden

#162640 Mar 27, 2013
The above is probably about 70% of religious folk - simply idiots who came to their wits end and got swallowed up by a cult in their desperation.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#162641 Mar 27, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is a recorded historic fact. The tooth fairy is not. The Bible says Jesus is God & Creator. Your relationship with him is just one of rejection, and ignorance.

Hey!

I got some big KA-Ching from the tooth fairy.

You can't tell ME it doesn't exist.

I have evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,156,529
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 38 min Bruin Nation 28,507
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Vindi574 2,744
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr The world is waiting 307,127
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 22 hr yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web