Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
156,081 - 156,100 of 226,359 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162364 Mar 26, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit to being an adultrious little prick? Rebellious little turd!
I don't know what aldultrious means....
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#162365 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what aldultrious means....
Stop pretending to be dyslexic to try to gain pity.
And before you, I admitted to being slightly dyslexic, you only copied me, foolish runt!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#162366 Mar 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Timberlake plays the lead.
He's not a terrible actor, you know. I don't like his music much, and I don't really know much about the guy. Is he your ex-boyfriend?
I'll never forgive him if he did you wrong!
lol, did i hurt your feelings?? Why would u even say that??

Nah man, i swear he's gay!!!

it's his voice, i can't, i just can't!!

Location hidden

#162367 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't like the second one. But the first did make my skin crawl and that's almost impossible to do, no movie has succeeded in that since I was a teen.
Yh, it's creepy!! I just laugh at films like chainsaw and jason, but that one got me!! I had to sleep with the light on for a few weeks, that's how scared i was!! And that song just freaks me out now!!

Location hidden

#162368 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
My wife uses Time Team to fall asleep to on weekday nights.
Admit it- you really wanted Mick Aston's stripy jumper.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Aston#Time_...
<quoted text>
oh God, it's like a friggin' horror show!! It honestly is so boring!!

I'll pass, it'll look great on u tho!!

Location hidden

#162369 Mar 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You've seen the rope? The hobbit is good as well as The Lord of the rings movies. Avengers was fun.
<quoted text>
I defo seen the rope, coz that's one of my papa's favourites.

Avengers was too hyped up, piece of crap!!! I ain't scared to speak the truth!! I missed the last end credit scene thingy and then when i did see it, i was like, WTF??!!!!

Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#162370 Mar 26, 2013
There's room in that jumper for two...

I wouldn't watch Time Team myself but I still respect Professor Mick Aston. He's very intelligent, a great communicator and you'll see him credited on lots of historical programmes.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
oh God, it's like a friggin' horror show!! It honestly is so boring!!
I'll pass, it'll look great on u tho!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#162371 Mar 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, it's creepy!! I just laugh at films like chainsaw and jason, but that one got me!! I had to sleep with the light on for a few weeks, that's how scared i was!! And that song just freaks me out now!!
Clementine, I just want to tell you what a great influence you are "over there." You're going to get those people thinking, for a change!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#162372 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't drink the water!
And don't breathe the air!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#162373 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From one medium to the next, light's speed is different.
In a *uniform medium", it is constant.[/quote]
This is not even true. Even in a uniform medium, the speed of light will depend on the frequency.

[QUOTE]In "unumiform mediums", it is not constant.
In non-uniform media, the speed can also depend on direction.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#162374 Mar 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally irrelevant, knucklehead. That isn't the cause, anyhow.
How can you have a strictly material universe, whcih you belief is the sole source of your intelligence and existence, and have "virtual particles" floating in and out of it? To you it would likely makes sense.
Virtual particle are material particles.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#162376 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to "posts", Hukt. I was referring to your ONE post.
The one that started with: "Light's speed is constant.".
As I said, that very first line was in error, so why bother with the rest?
You might as well have started with "Oxygen us bad for you.".
I would've ignored the rest of that post, too...
And you would have been wrong to do so. The oxygen molecule *is* bad for you in many ways. It contributes greatly to many of the issues of old age.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#162378 Mar 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Light travels though unoccupied space at 1c (empty space; a vacuum).
Light *only* travels through unoccupied space, and *always* at 1c.
Don't stop reading, RR.
When a photon encounters a particle of matter, it gets absorbed by the particle.
Shortly thereafter, a new photon gets emitted from the particle.
Actually, this isn't quite right. The crucial aspect isn't the delay in the re-emission. It is the *phase shift* between the absorbed photon and the meitted one. In most media, the phase shift depends on the frequency. It turns out that a phase shift is completely equivalent to saying the velocity is different. This is why in anomalous dispersion we get 'speeds' of photons being faster than light in a vaccum. The phase shift is opposite the usual one, so instead of being equivalent to a slower speed, we get a shift equivalent to a faster speed.

In this view, it actually happens that light *always* moves at c, but phase shifts make it *appear* that it moves fasyer or slower.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#162379 Mar 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It encounters a field in that empty space passing through the molecules. That is what does the absorbing and re emitting. And not in the same direction.
Fields exist in outer space, too. Disrupt part and you encounter resistance. It isn't as tight as within a molecule, but it is there.
The problem with this view is that the basic equations for E&M are linear. That means, in practice, that light moving one direction doesn't affect light in the same location but moving in another direction. It also means that light moving thorugh a filed is not affected by that field.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#162380 Mar 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it "What the Bleep Do We Know?"
They had the nerve to call that'n a documentary.
THAT WAS NOT A DOCUMENTARY!
My girlfriend at the time was in physics also and we attempted to count the number of basic physics mistakes in that 'movie'. We lost count after about 5 minuites. Everything was misinterpreted, even what the experts were saying.

Location hidden

#162381 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There's room in that jumper for two...
I wouldn't watch Time Team myself but I still respect Professor Mick Aston. He's very intelligent, a great communicator and you'll see him credited on lots of historical programmes.
<quoted text>
Is that an invitation for me?

I'll just agree, i think u know a lot more about him than me!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#162382 Mar 26, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this view is that the basic equations for E&M are linear. That means, in practice, that light moving one direction doesn't affect light in the same location but moving in another direction. It also means that light moving thorugh a filed is not affected by that field.
That is very difficult to believe. Particle or wave.

Feel the sunlight on your skin? If they don't bump heads or disrupt each other, then you are talking circuitry in a big way, meaning there is a path back to the originating point. Otherwise, you have to have a scatter.

Location hidden

#162383 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementine, I just want to tell you what a great influence you are "over there." You're going to get those people thinking, for a change!
I honestly hope i do!!

I hate it when i get told i'm racist or i'm this and that. Everyone in the world judges people and just coz i say it how it is, i'm the bad one? They're just hypocrites!!

Imagine if a person walked into the room and they smelt so bad, everyone would be thinking it but just coz i say to the person, "excuse me, u smell really bad, could u please do something about it!" i become the mean one??? THEM HYPOCRITES, MAN!!!!

And i can't believe that most Americans think they were born with wealth, it's just as stupid as some of the stupid scientific theories! How can we be evolving if we got so many thick people in the world, somethings defo fishy!!

I'm tired of sugar-coating sh*t, people have got to get real!!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#162384 Mar 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
lol, did i hurt your feelings?? Why would u even say that??
Nah man, i swear he's gay!!!
it's his voice, i can't, i just can't!!
I'm hurtin' babe...oh...the heartache and pain!

:)

Location hidden

#162385 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And i wanna tell u something too, u better be honest and truthful too, don't sugarcoat sh*t!! U got that? I'll be keeping a very close eye on u and when u make a mistake i'll be ready to pounce!! Don't say i didn't warn ya!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min cpeter1313 305,447
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Yeah 1,100,230
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin Nation 27,084
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••