Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
156,061 - 156,080 of 226,383 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#162344 Mar 26, 2013
Boo.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what wakes me up?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#162345 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But BEFORE science could detect it, it didn't exist right?
lol
Your reading comprehension is zero.

By your logic the land mass we now call North America did not exist until some one found it.

All you demonstrated in the last 36 hours is:-
1. You know nothing about math.
2. You know nothing about science in general.
3. You know nothing about logic.
4. You know nothing about the bibull.

and because that goddidit. You don't even know which god you follow.

Yet you feel you know enough to say all science is rubbish.

In short you are pathetic.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#162346 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Boo.
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#162347 Mar 26, 2013
You've seen the rope? The hobbit is good as well as The Lord of the rings movies. Avengers was fun.
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I seen em!! u too late!! HA!!

I haven't seen the way of the gun, thanks aura!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#162348 Mar 26, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R9t4m9dw-fIXX
Another lame attempt at changing the topic when the creationist tw*t get's offended.
Imhotep

West Palm Beach, FL

#162349 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
The first of two contradictory creation accounts. Compare with Genesis 2:4-25 in which the order of events is entirely different.
The two creations
Who created heaven and earth?
When was the universe created?
The Gap Theory
(1:1-2:3) The Genesis 1 account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science.

In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively.

In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3), sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is in each case just the opposite.

(1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light"
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?

(1:6-8) The Firmament (Heaven)
God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.

Too easy!
;)

Answer this please...

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162350 Mar 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Torture movies maybe?
I'm going to hang over you like a cheap suit.
More like a cheap date.

I'm not your type, dude.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#162351 Mar 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what wakes me up?
I do, twinkle toes.

Location hidden

#162352 Mar 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.
You said we (today) aren't worthy of Aristarchus (2300 years ago)... and are now asking for the name of a modern person who's 1800 years ahead of our time.
Get your crap in order before hitting me with it!
So then we ain't worthy.

You cudda just said that...

Location hidden

#162353 Mar 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It's a funny video and nothing he said was wrong. When I was a Christian that show would have offended me and I am being totally honest.
Stop stalling present your case for this god of yours.
Just the facts please and stop cowering from this.
Some something or someone touched you on the head while you were most likely on your knees.. Ahem.. And this whatever said he is with Me.. Not I am with you? Didn't you just show it was a self made delusion. Otherwise that makes no sense whatsoever.
How did you know it was god making this nonsensical statement and not just the man you finished off? Or Bigfoot? Or a space alien? Maybe a leprechaun? Maybe it was the great bear spirit? It's so vague and nonsensical any of those options would be viable.
<quoted text>
I don't give a shit if you believe me or not.

Your agreement is not required.

Location hidden

#162354 Mar 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Tacitus a roman imperial would never call Jesus the messiah or the Christ. It's insane to even suggest that hence we know it has to be a forgery which first appeared in the year 1600.
<quoted text>
lol... Is that what your atheist sites teach you?

"Scholars generally consider Tacitus's reference to the execution of Jesus by Pontius Pilate to be both authentic, and of historical value as an independent Roman source."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Chr...

Oh, and it was in 116 AD, not. 1600....
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#162355 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't like the second one. But the first did make my skin crawl and that's almost impossible to do, no movie has succeeded in that since I was a teen.
You remind me of Jodi arias, only larger.

Location hidden

#162356 Mar 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That is merely your apologetic assertion to try to make it all better. Do show proof for this assertion.
<quoted text>
Proof? Do I have to price to you that Italian laws or Japanese laws don't matter to Americans or Canadians?

O_o

The rules in Leviticus were prescribed for the members of that tribe, they are considered a part of the covenant of God with the Jewish people.

Christians have never followed these laws, at least after their separation from the party of the Hebrews.

The same chapter in Leviticus also forbids eating shellfish, bacon cheeseburgers (meat and milk, meat of cloven animal), wearing mixed fabrics, and sowing 2 crops in one field. Christians do not follow these rules.....

Location hidden

#162357 Mar 26, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Cowboys and Aliens really suprised me, It was a great movie.
I agree. It was a whole lot better than I expected.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#162358 Mar 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Go change your diaper, creep.
Good morning, nano.

So, how are you today?

May joy and wonder come your way.

And maybe RR.

Location hidden

#162359 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What about highschool?
What about elementaryschool?

derp

Location hidden

#162360 Mar 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sucker Punch is a cool movie.
I think I'll watch it tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure that you would like it.
Sucker Punch was stupid.

It was just a hottie bouncing around the whole ti....

Ya, it was a good movie.

:)

Location hidden

#162361 Mar 26, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The first of two contradictory creation accounts. Compare with Genesis 2:4-25 in which the order of events is entirely different.
The two creations
Who created heaven and earth?
When was the universe created?
The Gap Theory
(1:1-2:3) The Genesis 1 account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science.
In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively.
In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3), sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is in each case just the opposite.
(1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light"
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?
(1:6-8) The Firmament (Heaven)
God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.
Too easy!
;)
Answer this please...
No.

You said you could find a contradiction to ANY scripture.

You've found no contradiction to Genesis 1:1.

Try again?

Location hidden

#162362 Mar 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, nano.
So, how are you today?
May joy and wonder come your way.
And maybe RR.
Aw.... I didn't know you cared.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#162363 Mar 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw.... I didn't know you cared.
So you admit to being an adultrious little prick? Rebellious little turd!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min shinningelectr0n 1,100,457
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 305,455
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin Nation 27,086
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••